Star Conflict OBT v.0.11.3 Discussion

Disgusting ? How so ? Just four guards disgusts you ?.. I bet you are another one of those pilots that dont understand guards, and only fly around in small ships… typical

Not everyone likes ecm, recon etc…

Slow games disgust me, but that doesn’t mean I “dont understand guards”. Don’t take it personal.  :012j:

I agree we should listen to silent majority!

But how can we listen when they are silent?  :015j:

Idk if I get it right but you(as frig pilot) have problem with good players with ceptors… who knows why.

Anyway democracy suck.

If devs would listen to majority we would have A1MA in all tiers, only ion/beam type of weapons so we can deal max dps with A1MA   :006j:

I think devs done some changes according to majority wish - sharpnel

Democracy sucks because a 51% of the players can make the game a living hell for the other 49%, so it’s good that the devs act this way (Imo).

The guard’s pulsar is supposed to be used defensively. Suck it up and stop complaining. Adapt or die.

What does EG mean?

What does EG mean?

electronic guidance.

spread reduction.

LOL

Improved Pulsar module
Now it starts recharging when the effect ends
The module can now be disabled with ECM systems
Module cooldown reduced by 24%

Dev’s Idea (whiteboard outline for patch)

* Lets not have any blueprints to help the class defensively.

* Lets make implant 13 cooldown reduction pointless for this class.

* Ohh and ECM can disable it LOL. SO now lets make it harder to defend from fast moving ships that like to hug the back of your guard.

* Lets keep them slow.

Ohh lets reduce the energy for phase shield switching, this will really make them OP now and justify the nerf.

The guard’s pulsar is supposed to be used defensively. Suck it up and stop complaining. Adapt or die.

What does EG mean?

How can it be used as defence, when any old ECM troll can come alone and shut if off ?

LOL

Dev’s Idea (whiteboard outline for patch)

* Lets not have any blueprints to help the class defensively.

* Lets make implant 13 cooldown reduction pointless for this class.

* Ohh and ECM can disable it LOL. SO now lets make it harder to defend from fast moving ships that like to hug the back of your guard.

* Lets keep them slow.

Ohh lets reduce the energy for phase shield switching, this will really make them OP now and justify the nerf.

How can it be used as defence, when any old ECM troll can come alone and shut if off ?

Guard use to be only class immune to ECM… now they fixed it, everyone hate devs and ecms  :00555:

Guard use to be only class immune to ECM… now they fixed it, everyone hate devs and ecms  :00555:

They need to make ECM immune against ECM now.

They need to make ECM immune against ECM now.

Agree!

and make something about that Recon vs Recon Duck was talking… it’s INSANE that one recon can easily kill other recon!

Incorrect and also an exageration.

Guard was never immune to ECM, they could still be shut down, Guard pilots were lucky if they activated pulsar BEFORE an ecm shut down everything else they had going, like flight control, direction, weapons firing, etc etc…

If you activated pulsar before that ecm module hit, you stood a chance, not now. Idiotic amendment.

(off topic: Why are you allowed to have racist profanity in your signature, yet that would get you muted or banned in game ?)

Hmmm  Being I seem to fly ships everyone likes to PICK ON  ( Empire engineer) or HATES  ( Jericho LRF and ECM) some of the updates I can’t  wait to test out. :00555:

A Jericho Torpedo test run will soon be coming your way :00999:

Reach out and touch by a Rapid Lazor against those Monster Guards … oh yea   :006j:

Going to have to figure out the Engineer changes though…    Given the darn ECM’s would turn off the modules…  I would forget to turn them back on…  oh a few occasions without a GENTLE reminders

Waiting for a dev response.

Funny you would say that sitting in an LRF that’s perma-immune to ECM. Also applied tackler debuffs do not get canceled by ECM, either.

Mind you, I’m anything but fan of guard frigates, but your agenda is too thinly veiled.

Guard was so immune to ECM that ECM was able to counter all the Guard’s Defensive, tanking and Regenerating mechanics with 2 buttons.

Also, you exaggerate, there are very few matches where one team is full of guards, and even less that are all, as you say, “giving each other a hug”, that is a ridiculous statement.

In tier 3-5 almost all combat recon and team battle games are guard heavy. in tier 3 about a third of all beacon hunt games i have played recently are the same

I’ve hardly to never seen you in anything medium sized, ( tackler,command), or large, (frigate) ship, you are most always in a small fast ship, so hence I can see why you want another tool against frigates that you dislike so much.

Usually only fly gunship/tackler and a bit of engi but last month or two been training up covert ops

“this is what the devs are trying to change”… How would you know ?.. by your own statement, that has not worked with you, you said yourself that you might start flying ecm again… how is that changing your habits of flying small OP ships ?

it was talked about in dev posts a long time ago. hence why singularity canon can pass through multiple ships and barriers (frigballs)

I love how guys like you, seem to think you have the answer just because you shout it out often and always.

Just like the guys here that post all the time, they think they have the answers to what has to happen, and never consider the silent majority that never use the forums and usually wont agree …

you are doing most of the QQ’ing here. I do believe you started this with that retort

You do though, seem to have a problem, with anyone besting you, or even getting close to besting you.

big assumption to make there, i have never spoken / played with you, how would you know? i welcome challenge. good chance to learn. what i don’t like are stagnent games where both teams take a good long look at each other in an array of slow boats

single edit: none actually, thought I had had one on but didn’t. I’ll actually have to fight yeahalex now instead of always just running in circles around him making fun of his pulse lasers that he can’t could not hit me with. :stuck_out_tongue:

just trying to tickle your ship but you wont let me :o

Hotfix:

Guards can now buy mines like the good ole days.

Hotfix:

Guards can now buy mines like the good ole days.

Ho nope, Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope !

I agree with the fact that this nerf is a little bit too hard. But I don’t want to see the Christmas Beacon once again !

Tralalalala lalalala lalaMINEFIELD !

Gunship

The gunship’s problem was the long cooldown time of its role module Ship Overcharge. However, reducing this time could make the ship too strong.

This is why we decided to shorten the module’s work cycle:

Effect duration reduced by 33%, to 8 seconds

Module cooldown reduced by 33%, to 40 seconds

Really ? I can see this being a kind of buff for folk using rails but a nerf using any other weapon on your gunship. Being a gauss gunship player, this is a nerf… its all a matter of how many shot per second I am able to shoot while being on overdrive by reducing the duration time, you are reducing the maximum shot I can deliver to my target making the weapon less effective. I am using overcharge only for attack, I am already using engine overcharge to get out of risky situation. I will check my log to see if I do any less damage during a game.

I will check my log to see if I do any less damage during a game.

You probably won’t do less overall, but it will be harder to get kills with the damage that you do because your burst damage was nerfed so much.

Really ? I can see this being a kind of buff for folk using rails but a nerf using any other weapon on your gunship. Being a gauss gunship player, this is a nerf… its all a matter of how many shot per second I am able to shoot while being on overdrive by reducing the duration time, you are reducing the maximum shot I can deliver to my target making the weapon less effective. I am using overcharge only for attack, I am already using engine overcharge to get out of risky situation. I will check my log to see if I do any less damage during a game.

on the plus side we can spam overdrive a bit more with a lower cool down, sort of balances the lack of burst damage a bit

Ho nope, Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope !

I agree with the fact that this nerf is a little bit too hard. But I don’t want to see the Christmas Beacon once again !

Tralalalala lalalala lalaMINEFIELD !

I wouldn’t mind this at all.   It kinda goes along with the whole “area denial” role that guards are supposed to fill.   It would lead to beacons becoming a glowing mass of minefields again though.

On second thought that would also give Command ships more relevance again as a sort of Mine sweeper like they used to be.   We would send a command into the beacon first with diffusion shield activated to safely set off the mine fields and then bring the rest of the squad in afterwards back in the 0.7.0 and 0.8.0 days.