Star Conflict OBT v.0.10.5 Discussion

AeOlKt0.jpg

people in T4 … incentives must be working

maybe t4 will be revived this way? (until larger player base)

T4 is only a transit Tier going from PvP Skirmish to Sector Conquest. That’s what I have been told months ago and what I did.

I think most synergy on my ships above T3 came from free synergy, synergy transfer or PvE. I don’t live in the paradise time zone with peak player population so I had no other choice.

And right now I don’t see a point flying T4 especially when I have T5 ships and in T3 are more players than in T4.

Bit off subject,but i miss the ling up the ship ranks being played,easier than fitting your ship and waiting for a long Queue only to have to change again to a different rank to get a match.

AeOlKt0.jpg

people in T4 … incentives must be working

How are you able to see the amount of people in each tier queue. They removed that Johnson for the mini gamemodeguides.

How are you able to see the amount of people in each tier queue. They removed that Johnson for the mini gamemodeguides.

obviously famous “NASA hacks”

On a serious note, look one of my statuses, there is a screenshot in it

T4 is the most balanced tier. Period.

No lack of slots/roles and no game breaking T5 implants.

I was on a long break, but now when T4 is revived I enjoy playing the game. And idk what they did, but last night we had 20 second que in 1 match and 30 seconds que in another with 3 men squad. All 1600+SR. 

1500-1700 population, though.

Just hope it will not be like the last time T4 was revived and died 1 month after. And not for T5 transition of population as expected, but for T3 drop.

I’m a fan of the display showing who’s in what tier going, actually. Having the display only compounded the problem of some tiers being more heavily populated that others as people would avoid the tier they would otherwise play in due to a cursory glance at that readout. Now, I would thing the tier weightings would move more fluidly as people try queueing a couple of times in the tier they want to check it out - during which time more people may come on and populate it.

It’s hard to say how much of it is the ship sale and how much is the lack of tier display, but I think in the long run it could help - till the game is generally more populated, of course.

Launched the game today.

Started a solo pvp game in t3.

Found a match.

Enemy : 4 m’en squad (containing PrM and other killers) + 3 man squad (Same here, big players) + random.

Us : 3 men squad (Good one) + another one with average skills + random.

Couldn’t do anything during all the game.

Spawn = 6 lock on you and instant death.

We loosed, felt sad.

Start another game.

EXACTLY the same. ALL the team were composed like before…

Loosed again.

Launched another one.

AGAIN!

What can a random player do against this? It’s not even enjoyable beeing insta-killed. Fortunately, I’m not that bad so I followed my team to survive. But when on a combat recon that last 6-7 mn with 45 kills, I’m sure that it was not the case of everybody.

What’s this? Match were found in less then 2 minutes. So why matchmaking made 3 time in a row the same game that was not equally composed?

What’s this? Match were found in less then 2 minutes. So why matchmaking made 3 time in a row the same game that was not equally composed?

3-man vs 4-man squads are working as intended.

What can a random player do against this?

Squad up or get out of T3.

I pug peacefully enough in T3

Very relaxing even with all the lockons and stuns. Adapt to what is going on and enjoy the game you are forced to play. It helps if getting your ship hunted down and blown up doesn’t upset you.

Only thing that makes me mad is when own team doesn’t even TRY to win. Which happens often in DSR-centric T3

Yep, as long as you’re in a R9 ship you can enjoy multiple gigasms in T3, what’s not to like. :wink:

sSx5Vwi.jpg

20 minute wait 3 man squad 60 people on queue

p.s. T4 looks populated , nice

Sec Con was in prep stage at the time btw

…and only 700 ppl online…Maybe there wasn’t another squad cueing. So i’d say that devs did a good job with MM and last changes :slight_smile: Time to tier up Kine? :slight_smile:

i’d say that devs did a good job with MM and last changes :slight_smile: Time to tier up Kine? :slight_smile:

MM needs to consider population when applying rules.

60 people queueing up to play your game during USA prime time is a sorry state to be in

There is little point in trying to manage balance when it stops the few loyal players you have from playing in the first place.

And I cannot tier up unless I synergize my ships. I cannot do so or maintain motivation to do so if there is a 10 minute or more interval between games

Synergy transfer prices are exorbitantly unrealistic and I do not have USD 2,000 to spend on a video game to ‘Tier Up’

So… do I give up playing because there are too few people playing this game and the prices are too expensive ?

No I do not consider MM is a ‘good job’

There is still work to be done and population to consider.

9g7GR3b.jpg

60 people queueing up to play your game during USA prime time is a sorry state to be in

There is little point in trying to manage balance when it stops the few loyal players you have from playing in the first place.

And I cannot tier up unless I synergize my ships. I cannot do so or maintain motivation to do so if there is a 10 minute or more interval between games

Synergy transfer prices are exorbitantly unrealistic and I do not have USD 2,000 to spend on a video game to ‘Tier Up’

So… do I give up playing because there are too few people playing this game and the prices are too expensive ?

9g7GR3b.jpg

I expect big advertising campaign and maybe the open space launch for summer. It would be perfect to get new players.

That would be nice but until then MM should be tweaked to consider population

specific to squads, if there are no other squads to pair up with, the rule should be circumvented.

That would be nice but until then MM should be tweaked to consider population

specific to squads, if there are no other squads to pair up with, the rule should be circumvented.

They should just revert to the previous MM. 2 men squad counting as one was life in T4 and T5.

Now we have to play all solo in the TS and hoping to be in the same team.

And in case you don’t, you have to hear people complaining about you don’t killing your corp mate, while you are trying as hard as he is, to kill him

9g7GR3b.jpg

I’m really sorry abot the low population during us prime time. That’s a pity for a game like this.

Anyway if u want to synergize ships during low population time go solo so u will be avoiding long cueing times. I’m basically a solo player and for sure never squadded in T3 and neither in T4 :wink: And i’m in T5 now. Disbalancing matches to make cueiing shorter for strong squads like yours will just ruin someone else playing experience just to grant you easy farming and that’s not fair at all… :frowning:

Now we have to play all solo in the TS and hoping to be in the same team.

Did a small test on this …  some players cannot join the same match even if you synch your launch.

Sep, MrT and I synch’d our launches 4 times

each time Sep and MrT will play the same match

and I get put into a different match.

we all had our regions set to the same setting.

assuming DSR rules for MM works the same way as it used to do, I dont think it was a factor.

strong squads like yours will just ruin someone else playing experience just to grant you easy farming and that’s not fair at all…

trust me

Efefay + Kine is easy kills lmao

which is another thing the MM should be looking at.