Star Conflict OBT v.0.10.2 Discussion

Yes, I’m aware of immersion, but it’s easier to immerse yourself as a woman if you are not being spoken to as a man. I’m not trying to flame, or be rude, I’m only asking that we are spoken to in a way that means we don’t have a different level of immersion-compatible detail according to what gender or sexuality we are. That’s the problem I have with the ‘well you should just be able to turn it off’ thing. I want to have the same amount of features as anyone else. I’m not asking for anything that would be difficult to do, it’s just a case of imagining you are speaking to a room of people, some of whom are women and some of whom are men.

For the record, you can turn it off. Go to settings and then audio. I just don’t think that there should be options that are actively a bit weird for women, when they could very easily be made great for anyone, I just don’t see a real problem with what I’m asking for. :confused:

Mercenary don’t care about stuff like that… We will do or like whatever we can get paid for.

This game player does care. Harder to be immersed and feel like a mercenary when it’s clear the development is not inclusive. It just makes you feel uncomfortable, or it certainly does to me, and that’s not my fault and it’s something that could easily be changed. I’m pretty sure if the game didn’t cater to you, you wouldn’t have got as immersed as you have. It’s just about a bit of consideration when people ask for tweaks.

I’m a woman and I didn’t feel offended by a “sexy secretary” voice welcoming me when I log in. I don’t feel it offensive, but that’s my opinion.

That being said, I would totally replace that voice with a GLaDOS one. Damn copyright.

Pilots! While you are waiting for new update to install we offer you to take a look at screenshots of the ‘’ work-in-progress mode ‘Space’:

Of course, this is just the beginning, wait for further announcements and posts!

434e5d072f04b4c22a6f75ef8b7b.jpg

7d9107241219c8c2d93effbc742d.png

is this where module crafting comes into play? I have no idea what it does

That being said, I would totally replace that voice with a GLaDOS one. Damn copyright.

Hah, that would be awesome actually.

Whenever u win a battle: Random woman b like congratualtions mercenary! Nice victory! So phoney and it scares me -_-

There should be a “ding-dong” should before she talk,like captain announcement in airplane.That would prevent people from heart attack lol.

The voice doesn’t bother me too much. I’d prefer if it were the same voice that tells you about locked on missiles, but alas, I can’t have everything.

The thing that bothers me is the amazingly overdone speech she has. It sounds like it came out of a really bad movie, which is understandable, given that the devs are Russian, but I’d prefer something that sounds more natural. Like, “Welcome back, captain” or “Congratulations on the win!”

Okay, to be honest, the voice doesn’t help. But I think it’s mostly what is actually said.

Hey there, guys! I can see your concern regarding voice acting in Hangar, I will try to see if there’s anything I can do to help. 

For now, please, If you feel that this voice is not sitting right with you - turn it off. 

Hey there, guys! I can see your concern regarding voice acting in Hangar, I will try to see if there’s anything I can do to help. 

For now, please, If you feel that this voice is not sitting right with you - turn it off.

screw that voice lady, we want more info on unique T5! NAW

Not tried the patch yet, but on principle any voice over character should sound like they belong in a fight. I like the battle chatter because it sounds like a squad leader talking to you, complete with microphone distortion. This woman’s voice should follow the same rule.

Okay, followup. That hangar voice is terrible. I won a battle, heard her congratulate me and immediately turned off hangar announcements. It’s totally out of place.

The idea is good, having a voiced announcement at the end of the fight. The voice, while not as annoying as everyone says, could be better. Let’s hope it’s just a placeholder.

I better win a battle and hear that voice than to be defeated and to hear nothing…:P…much ado about nothing.

Also, the enforced down time at the end of battles is not welcome. At all. Go back to the previous system.

Also, the enforced down time at the end of battles is not welcome. At all. Go back to the previous system.

Once again, this is a part of the solution to ‘Return to Battle’ problem, that you have experienced last week.  

In my opinion, they should stop releasing an update every week, use that time instead and improve what they already have

In my opinion, they should stop releasing an update every week, use that time instead and improve what they already have

Releasing should not be a serious time consumer with continuous integration.

PvE feels totally messed up. The difficulty has spiked to the point where the only way to complete T3 missions is to bring T4 / T5 ships, and/or a dedicated 4-man squad. PvE, especially the T3 and lower, should be doable with randoms (doubly true if the engy is T4+…).

Once again, this is a part of the solution to ‘Return to Battle’ problem, that you have experienced last week.  

Please remove it with one of the next patches and go back to the way it was before the return to battle issue appeared. Thanks.

Weekly patch releases are to have a fixed schedule to release changes instead of waiting a long time for a massive amount of changes with potentially major issues. And this is beta everything needs to be tested by us/everyone and issues reported back that they can be fixed.