Star Conflict OBT v.0.10.1 Discussion

I am not sure how we could settle on a “usefulness” of an old Hwy blaster this way :slight_smile:

P.S. Some Super testers HAVE STARTED testing SandBox world!!!

Well no, I was more thinking of making you struggle with the new one vs an interceptor since you said how good it is vs them. :wink:

As to SandBox world, so far all it does is sound like more grind and less players in the queue for battles so I’m more wary than excited. But as it does bring us closer to v1.0 and release and hopefully loads of new players (I still have my doubts) it needs to happen.

This patch, so bad. So, so bad.

Plasma Gun

Stats have shown that this weapon is not good enough against ships with strongs hulls: damage is too low and it’s too hard to hit the target. Considering its an EM weapon, I wouldnt and never did expect to do enough hull damage to take out stronger hulled ships, especially not empirial. Considering the range and accuracy it possesed already, it was a more than efficient weapon.

Projectile speed increased by 20%

Spread reduced by 30%

Damage increased by 10%

These buffs will make plasma guns incredibly over powered. A positron cannon buff would have made more sense. Bad.

Heavy Blaster

Pilots armed with Heavy Blasters found it hard to fight with smaller and faster targets. With absolutely zero surprise. It’s called heavy for a reason, and the damage nerf its taking here will make it worthless of its name, eliminating its efficiancy in taking out -or even suppressing- heavy targets. Removing the Barrel Slowdown doesn’t mean much of anything, as frigates will still struggle to turn and track faster interceptors. The Dynamic Spread only serves to slaughter any last potential use this weapon had at its purpose.

Damage reduced by 25%

Removed barrel slowdown

Implemented dynamic spread

Spread continuously grows

Initial spread stands at 1 degree

Maximum spread stands at 3 degrees

Time to reach maximum spread equals 5 seconds

As far as Im concerned, this is a dead weapon. It looks like they tried to make it into some kind of short range weapon? But that was never what this weapon was made for.

According to pilot feedback, some weapons were still not good enough, most likely because they were whiny scrublords.

Assault Railgun

Spread reduced by 30% Don’t really care, guns were rather powerful enough and don’t really need it, but it won’t affect too much.

Singularity Cannon

Projectile speed increased by 20% As a close range weapon this was just another plain unecessary buff for scrubs who couldnt use it.

Coil Mortar

Projectile explosion radius increased by 50%, from 100 to 150 metres. Again, I don’t care.

Gravi-Beamer

Damage increased by 10% This was probably needed, but it could have taken a speed penalty buff instead.

Pulse Laser

Spread reduced from 2.3 to 1.8 degrees Again, another buff for scrubs who couldnt use the weapon. I don’t get why they dont make Pulse lasers just like the other beam weapons.

The LRF Nerf is… hard to think about. For one, Im glad they only nerfed some parts at t1 and 2. But at the same time, nerfing the explosion and radiation damage was a huge mistake. I feel like they could have applied that nerf only to t1 and 2 as well.

I have nothing to say about the active module changes.

WHY WOULD YOU EVER WEAKEN ONLY -ONE- IMPLANT. THE OTHER TWO ARE NOW AUTOMATICALLY STRONGER.

Ship Modifiers [shortened]

Enhanced Scanner

Now also increases critical hit chance. Would have preffered a lock time buff.

Collision COmpensator

Ship rotation speed bonus reduced by 33% This is terrible. Collision Compensator is without a doubt the most important engine module. Nerfing it so badly is a huge problem.

Galvanized Armor

Damage resistance bonus reduced by 8% This was another unecessary nerf. Mk4 Galvanized armor now only does roughly 1.5x the resistance instead of 2

Improved Pylons

Missile reloading speed-up increased by 400% WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN

Armor-Plated Hull

Speed reduction increased by 23% This was just unfortunate for frigate captains everywhere.

‘Horizon’ System

Firing range boost reduced by 17% Again, just plain unecessary.

Finally, Im pleased with the combat recon change. Its about time the captain is chosen from strongest pilots and not ships.

Squad balance will never be fixed until there’s just no change whether or not your squadded.

_ TLDR _

That is all. Hopefully some of these terrible changes will be reversed. All in all it just feels like they want to kill the game.

theyre not gonna change everything back, and the update is not THAT bad so stop ranting about it and find a different weapon to use

theyre not gonna change everything back, and the update is not THAT bad so stop ranting about it and find a different weapon to use

NO! I want back my HBlaster!

New HB is far better now. It is the bane of Inties.

As to SandBox world, so far all it does is sound like more grind so I’m more wary than excited. But as it does bring us closer to v1.0 and release and hopefully more players it needs to happen.

Well, is not “grind” is more like PvE - PvP mix in a non instanced world, so you don’t need to wait for people to do missions or go around and mess with people.

But this is all nonsense, I will wait till it is out, then I will give my opinion.

Is sandbox out yet?

Is sandbox out yet?

it is

it is

how do i play sandbox? Can someone tell me how to get there? Step by step if u would.

how do i play sandbox? Can someone tell me how to get there? Step by step if u would.

Sanbox hasn’t been released yet.

Kostyan said it was

Sandbox in not yet implemented in the game. For if it was in right now, something this large would undoubtedly take up a large section of the patch notes. And while a few items have been not detailed right away in the patch notes, by now they should be in. Last I checked, no details about any sandbox in the notes.

New HB is far better now. It is the bane of Inties.

Old HB has griefs from the frigs,new HB has griefs from both inties and frigs…lol.

Kostyan said it was

It’s out as in it is already implemented. It’s just not out to the public.

Team Battle mode needs some different maps though…

I think more maps should be like Team Battle; close spawns and no clear LoS between them. It makes the game feel fast paced and keeps things engaging even for slower ships.

The mode still needs to be more dynamic. It mostly devolves into both sides camping their respective half of the map with and it turns into a contest to see who can stack more engie drones.

Team Battle there is a clear disadvantage for the team that is composed of mostly ( at times entirely of solo\non affiliated players) .   The side where the majority makeup of team has an distinct advantage.    I normally do not complain about matchmaking but after this weekend of playing mostly solo… there was noticeably a big difference of how the teams were stacked one sided.    Time and Time again it was quite obvious that when you have random players the side that either squads or more experienced players was going to win.    

Team Battle there is a clear disadvantage for the team that is composed of mostly ( at times entirely of solo\non affiliated players) .   The side where the majority makeup of team has an distinct advantage.    I normally do not complain about matchmaking but after this weekend of playing mostly solo… there was noticeably a big difference of how the teams were stacked one sided.    Time and Time again it was quite obvious that when you have random players the side that either squads or more experienced players was going to win.    

easy way to solve that is team up with friends or corpmates…

Time and Time again it was quite obvious that when you have random players the side that either squads or more experienced players was going to win.    

I would point out, that it is mostly the latter for TDM… experienced players take out their strongest armament, and instictevly help each other. Squads do very little difference themselves in this case.

I can imagine tho, that in full squad or wing based gameplay, two experienced fleets could have big epic battles on this mode.

But as for the form it has now in the pubs, it clearly brings out killer players on the top; which isn’t a bad thing, and to my opinion, it was expectable. Supportive players are nice to have, and achievers usually bring more full purple ships, so yeah, it’s a cluster frenzy, with often decisive victories, but at least, its also very fast and entertaining that way.

Time and Time again it was quite obvious that when you have random players the side that either squads or more experienced players was going to win.    

that applies to the entire game, not just team battle