Star Conflict OBT v.0.10.1 Discussion

The HOT signs were there for some while, but the more ships you have, the more harder to spot them :slight_smile:

Wolf-M’s are indeed “hot”, you can see a lot in T3 actually. I bet Styxes might also be “hot”, however everyone has them, and the sign is only displayed on ships you do not own :slight_smile:

+1 tillo :slight_smile:

And yeah, most “bought” ship would not make so much sense as most used, but I am also curious how it is measured.

This is the most popular ship, quite simple.

There was an official news recently with a big graphic at the bottom showing most popular ships (can’t find it now, maybe someone remembers what it was called, it was in some completely unrelated news article) and they listed the empire engineers for most tiers as the most popular and fighters as the least popular ships overall. So I’m kinda surprised the Wolf-M would be the most popular?

I want to see it even if I have that ship :smiley: just to know what is most used in T3

add this in please dev team

Heavy Blaster

Pilots armed with Heavy Blasters found it hard to fight with smaller and faster targets. We have modified this weapon:

Damage reduced by 25%

Removed barrel slowdown

Implemented dynamic spread

Spread continuously grows

Initial spread stands at 1 degree

Maximum spread stands at 3 degrees

Time to reach maximum spread equals 5 seconds

From RU patchnotes

Тяжелый бластер

Кораблям, вооруженным Тяжелыми бластерами трудно воевать против подвижных малоразмерных целей. Поэтому это орудие было переработано:

Урон снижен на 25%

Убрано замедление орудий

Сделан динамический разброс

Разброс растет по мере стрельбы

Начальный разброс составляет 0 градус

Конечный разброс составляет 2,5 градуса

Время достижения максимального разброса составляет 5 секунд

there is a typo in one of them

Anyways, this gun is extremely good now and actually worth equipping it now. Befor it was a weapon to shoot at bots or completely brain dead idiots, i was dodging it in my Sigurdr at ~3km no problem, how did people expect to hit anything besides Jericho guards is beyond me and every other frig had it equipped befor  :facepalm:  :facepalm: 

This is a huge buff to viability of this gun

there is a typo in one of them

The English patch notes are wrong on many counts, that one included.

Anyways, this gun is extremely good now and actually worth equipping it now. Befor it was a weapon to shoot at bots or completely brain dead idiots, i was dodging it in my Sigurdr at ~3km no problem, how did people expect to hit anything besides Jericho guards is beyond me and every other frig had it equipped befor  :facepalm:  :facepalm: 

This is a huge buff to viability of this gun

It’ll probably take more than a brain dead idiot to die to that gun at ~3km now. Short range ok, but not at that range.

And just because brain dead idiots were shooting you before and missing doesn’t mean the gun was bad. I was using it with acceleration coil and electronic guidance for 10k projectile speeds in a really small cone, harder to dodge than positrons at up to four times the damage. That gun was completely OP at mid range if you knew how to use it, just few people did. But it had the drawback at being useless at close range so it was ok. Now it’s just more of the same.

The English patch notes are wrong on many counts, that one included.

It’ll probably take more than a brain dead idiot to die to that gun at ~3km now. Short range ok, but not at that range.

And just because brain dead idiots were shooting you before and missing doesn’t mean the gun was bad. I was using it with acceleration coil and electronic guidance for 10k projectile speeds in a really small cone, harder to dodge than positrons at up to four times the damage. That gun was completely OP at mid range if you knew how to use it, just few people did. But it had the drawback at being useless at close range so it was ok. Now it’s just more of the same.

Having projectile speed befor did nothing, because problem was angular turret rotation speed not the projectile delivery, at 3k and closer you couldn’t turn that piece of junk to hit anything that is moving and self aware of its own movements. Killing anything at 4-5 with a non burst weapons (i.e. ions/hwy blasters/beams) means you are shooting at brain dead idiots that have no idea how to position them self to break a LoS from such a weapon or already almost dead.

New Blaster is very good at close-mid ranges, and can bring a lot of pain to all ship classes.

Spread was at 2 degrees, now it is 2.5 after all electronic guidances/implants applied, final difference of what it use to be and what it is now is smaller than a 0.5 degree but now you do not have a rotation handicap.

Having projectile speed befor did nothing, because problem was angular turret rotation speed not the projectile delivery, at 3k and closer you couldn’t turn that piece of junk to hit anything that is moving and self aware of its own movements. Killing anything at 4-5 with a non burst weapons (i.e. ions/hwy blasters/beams) means you are shooting at brain dead idiots that have no idea how to position them self to break a LoS from such a weapon or already almost dead.

New Blaster is very good at close-mid ranges, and can bring a lot of pain to all ship classes.

Spread was at 2 degrees, now it is 2.5 after all electronic guidances/implants applied, final difference of what it use to be and what it is now is smaller than a 0.5 degree but now you do not have a rotation handicap.

It’s not just the ‘new’ spread that’s killing it, it’s the 25% dmg reduction, but the new spread doesn’t exactly help either.

And before this patch, if you want a fast tracking weapon, there are 3 other ones you could have choose from, so that’s not really needed to begin with.  IF you can’t deal with the slow tracking, then don’t use it.  People who DO use it, and know HOW to use it well, had no problem.  But now, those people are screwed since the weapon no longer works as a heavy weapon.

And with the new improvements to the Beam Cannon, all the more reason that the Heavy blaster should have remained the way it was, as there is even LESS of a reason for yet another fast tracking weapon.

It’s not just the ‘new’ spread that’s killing it, it’s the 25% dmg reduction, but the new spread doesn’t exactly help either.

And before this patch, if you want a fast tracking weapon, there are 3 other ones you could have choose from, so that’s not really needed to begin with.  IF you can’t deal with the slow tracking, then don’t use it.  People who DO use it, and know HOW to use it well, had no problem.  But now, those people are screwed since the weapon no longer works as a heavy weapon.

And with the new improvements to the Beam Cannon, all the more reason that the Heavy blaster should have remained the way it was, as there is even LESS of a reason for yet another fast tracking weapon.

You do ZERO dmg if you can not hit your target, and old Hwy modification could not hit anything that had at least half of a brain. You couldn’t dream to hit a good fighter/interceptor before at any ranges. Now you can reliably hit fighters and even interceptors at close mid ranges and not just hit, but force them to fall back.

You do ZERO dmg if you can not hit your target, and old Hwy modification could not hit anything that had at least half of a brain. You couldn’t dream to hit a good fighter/interceptor before at any ranges. Now you can reliably hit fighters and even interceptors at close mid ranges and not just hit, but force them to fall back.

Nobody ever claimed the heavy blaster was good for hunting interceptors 1v1. It was for applying massive damage to frigates first and foremost, and only second to spray damage onto fighters and interceptors that were otherwise engaged. There was skill needed to use this weapon as you had to maneuver your ship to keep on target and decisions on when to stop firing to regain turret speed/heat but lose firing rate were crucial.

And as I previously said, the weapon is currently irrelevant to me as an interceptor pilot, the damage actually hitting me is too low to care. At least from the players shooting at me so far.

I just don’t like this patch.

Nobody ever claimed the heavy blaster was good for hunting interceptors 1v1. It was for applying massive damage to frigates first and foremost, and only second to spray damage onto fighters and interceptors that were otherwise engaged. There was skill needed to use this weapon as you had to maneuver your ship to keep on target and decisions on when to stop firing to regain turret speed/heat but lose firing rate were crucial.

And as I previously said, the weapon is currently irrelevant to me as an interceptor pilot, the damage actually hitting me is too low to care. At least from the players shooting at me so far.

:yes_yes:  Exactly !!!

It’s a Hvy blaster, it’s role is not to pick on little interceptors and fighters, it’s a frigate killer, or anything that moves slow.  If you choose to use that weapon, you know what you are getting into.  And as I have said a few times now, there are PLENTY of alternatives to choose from (and better now with the new enhanced beam cannon), if you wants a weapon that can hit anything at close to medium range, you just won’t get hvy dmg out of it.

It’s like saying:

“Oh my frigate is so slow and not maneuverable and my cruise missiles can’t hit those interceptors in a dog fight, you know what, lets make the frigate handles like a fighter and make the cruise missiles like the fighter’s homing missiles and just reduce its dmg a bit to compensate”   :crazy:  

“But there are Fighters and Interceptors you can fly!”  :facepalm:

“Nah, I don’t want to fly them, so just change my frigate”

But this is my point it was terrible at shooting at frigates except Jericho guards, or if you managed to sneak up to 2-3k to them from behind with a surprise.

But this is my point it was terrible at shooting at frigates except Jericho guards, or if you managed to sneak up to 2-3k to them from behind with a surprise.

It was absolutly not.

The Previous Heavy Blaster had enough firepower to stop or to slow a frigball if your positionning was good. 

It was absolutly not.

The Previous Heavy Blaster had enough firepower to stop or to slow a frigball if your positionning was good.

it had enough power to force enemy to break a los or simply dodge at certain ranges, and thats all it was good for.

The new one not only still delivers the highest dps in the game, even with buffed beams, but now is useful vs smaller targets as well and at close mid ranges, enemy cant simply dodge you (only trying hard in an interceptors, but this is the same as with ions, if you can keep your aim on circling inty it will get destroyed in seconds)

The only thing that is worse is that PvE completion time is gonna be longer

I thought of the previous Heavy/Firefly blaster as a weapon similar to an more stationary MG (like Mg42 in WWII). So now … I don’t know what it is now. But I don’t use it anymore not even PvE.

The new one not only still delivers the highest dps in the game, even with buffed beams

Only if you hit with all projectiles, which you won’t unless you’re face hugging your target

but now is useful vs smaller targets as well and at close mid ranges, enemy cant simply dodge you (only trying hard in an interceptors, but this is the same as with ions, if you can keep your aim on circling inty it will get destroyed in seconds)

I’m starting to wonder whether we should fight this argument out in a custom battle. :wink:

Since I have become marginally good at this game, the only times I think I recall dying to the old heavy blaster was when I have been in empire frigs and have been surprise flanked or over run by many ships. I mainly play fighters now and I have never been killed with the old blaster whilst piloting one, what use is a strong weapon if you cannot hit the target? (not down to aim but to how the gun mechanics work). The new heavy blaster is more versatile now and you no longer have to rely on pulsar/em torps/mines/drones to hit decent players at close/medium range… is that not a good thing? or do people prefer the previous drunken gun mechanics

I’m starting to wonder whether we should fight this argument out in a custom battle. :wink:

I am not sure how we could settle on a “usefulness” of an old Hwy blaster this way :slight_smile:

P.S. Some Super testers HAVE STARTED testing SandBox world!!!

Clearly, now Beam Cannon is sligthly better than HB, if u have good aim.

I am not sure how we could settle on a “usefulness” of an old Hwy blaster this way :slight_smile:

P.S. Some Super testers HAVE STARTED testing SandBox world!!!

I’m going to be irked if that mode doesn’t come out next week. It’s been teased too long now.