Star Conflict OBT v.0.10.1 Discussion

This patch, so bad. So, so bad.

Plasma Gun

Stats have shown that this weapon is not good enough against ships with strongs hulls: damage is too low and it’s too hard to hit the target. Considering its an EM weapon, I wouldnt and never did expect to do enough hull damage to take out stronger hulled ships, especially not empirial. Considering the range and accuracy it possesed already, it was a more than efficient weapon.

Projectile speed increased by 20%

Spread reduced by 30%

Damage increased by 10%

These buffs will make plasma guns incredibly over powered. A positron cannon buff would have made more sense. Bad.

Heavy Blaster

Pilots armed with Heavy Blasters found it hard to fight with smaller and faster targets. With absolutely zero surprise. It’s called heavy for a reason, and the damage nerf its taking here will make it worthless of its name, eliminating its efficiancy in taking out -or even suppressing- heavy targets. Removing the Barrel Slowdown doesn’t mean much of anything, as frigates will still struggle to turn and track faster interceptors. The Dynamic Spread only serves to slaughter any last potential use this weapon had at its purpose.

Damage reduced by 25%

Removed barrel slowdown

Implemented dynamic spread

Spread continuously grows

Initial spread stands at 1 degree

Maximum spread stands at 3 degrees

Time to reach maximum spread equals 5 seconds

As far as Im concerned, this is a dead weapon. It looks like they tried to make it into some kind of short range weapon? But that was never what this weapon was made for.

According to pilot feedback, some weapons were still not good enough, most likely because they were whiny scrublords.

Assault Railgun

Spread reduced by 30% Don’t really care, guns were rather powerful enough and don’t really need it, but it won’t affect too much.

Singularity Cannon

Projectile speed increased by 20% As a close range weapon this was just another plain unecessary buff for scrubs who couldnt use it.

Coil Mortar

Projectile explosion radius increased by 50%, from 100 to 150 metres. Again, I don’t care.

Gravi-Beamer

Damage increased by 10% This was probably needed, but it could have taken a speed penalty buff instead.

Pulse Laser

Spread reduced from 2.3 to 1.8 degrees Again, another buff for scrubs who couldnt use the weapon. I don’t get why they dont make Pulse lasers just like the other beam weapons.

The LRF Nerf is… hard to think about. For one, Im glad they only nerfed some parts at t1 and 2. But at the same time, nerfing the explosion and radiation damage was a huge mistake. I feel like they could have applied that nerf only to t1 and 2 as well.

I have nothing to say about the active module changes.

WHY WOULD YOU EVER WEAKEN ONLY -ONE- IMPLANT. THE OTHER TWO ARE NOW AUTOMATICALLY STRONGER.

Ship Modifiers [shortened]

Enhanced Scanner

Now also increases critical hit chance. Would have preffered a lock time buff.

Collision COmpensator

Ship rotation speed bonus reduced by 33% This is terrible. Collision Compensator is without a doubt the most important engine module. Nerfing it so badly is a huge problem.

Galvanized Armor

Damage resistance bonus reduced by 8% This was another unecessary nerf. Mk4 Galvanized armor now only does roughly 1.5x the resistance instead of 2

Improved Pylons

Missile reloading speed-up increased by 400%  ** WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN**

Armor-Plated Hull

Speed reduction increased by 23%  This was just unfortunate for frigate captains everywhere.

‘Horizon’ System

Firing range boost reduced by 17% Again, just plain unecessary.

Finally, Im pleased with the combat recon change. Its about time the captain is chosen from strongest pilots and not ships.

Squad balance will never be fixed until there’s just no change whether or not your squadded.

TLDR

That is all. Hopefully some of these terrible changes will be reversed. All in all it just feels like they want to kill the game.

As a new guy to the game least 2 weeks playing it and learned a lot of the basics I’d have to agree with you on some of that and some not sure yet, but like the singularity-EM weapon though I’ve felt that it never really should’ve been a fighter’s weapon and more of an interceptors weapon because of its firing mechanics and such but had it been something like a beam or just fired differently like a fast projectile and when hitting the target creating a mini black hole that did some continuous damage for a short time then putting it on a fighter would of been ok.

I tried the new heavy blasters, they are actually really good. They are a perfect weapon to put on a guard.

wow heavy blaster is awesome now, it actually has a use outside of pve. might have to start using it again

That is all. Hopefully some of these terrible changes will be reversed. All in all it just feels like they want to kill the game.

Hopefully not.

Empire fighters are off the hook now (T4+) you can easily over come lack of mobility and retain their tankines due to awesome overall passive modules layout

Team death match MUST account for team size, just had 4v4 game, we pushed into enemy spawn at 2d minute, staied there for another 10, and yet we still didn’t reach 50 points (timer ended at around 10-14 points to go)

I cant even imagine how frustrating that was for enemy team, proprs to those that did not disconnected.

As some one proposed back here, respawns should be synchronised one way or another

Well, I don’t see the problem. It is like CR but without a n00btain spoiling the party.

That’s the thing, CR is a nearly equally boring camp fest and I wouldn’t mind if it was removed.

Anybody have an idea the reasoning for adding the number of PVE games in your profile?

Because we had people with 50 days in game time but 0 battles showing. It never made sense they didn’t show the number.

Singularity buff hasn’t improved it at all,

I find the increased heating time rather substantial because it leads to quite the damage output increase on that weapon, in particular the burst damage.

I tried the new heavy blasters, they are actually really good. They are a perfect weapon to put on a guard.

Really? I fought plenty heavy blaster frigates in a hull tanked recon yesterday. They only tickle now because of the spread and my small signature size, I could basically just ignore them firing at me. So from an interceptor perspective I applaud all use of that weapon I guess.

Beam cannons are brutal to interceptors now though, in particular because all frigate bots have them and unlike normal players you cannot outstrafe them.

Empire fighters are off the hook now (T4+) you can easily over come lack of mobility and retain their tankines due to awesome overall passive modules layout

Indeed, as I said in my initial post here I’m not sure why those modules got buffed but several of my ships that used to be strong are now even stronger because of it. And we all know how weak empire fighters were… oh wait. :wink:

I find the increased heating time rather substantial because it leads to quite the damage output increase on that weapon, in particular the burst damage.

That was buffed in a patch ages ago by 20% so instead of 4 shots, you can now get 5 without overheating. In overdrive u can squeeze out 6 i think… whats the problem with that? 4 shots was not enough

That was buffed in a patch ages ago by 20% so instead of 4 shots, you can now get 5 without overheating. In overdrive u can squeeze out 6 i think… whats the problem with that? 4 shots was not enough

Yes, you are correct. 5 shots standard, 6 on overdrive. I think in overdrive you can get even 7 overheating, but then you will lose the rest of the overdrive.

Stealth buff to spy drones - you can’t scrape them off any more.

Also, I can confirm that Combat Recon is picking from the LOWEST three DSR for captain, not highest.

Also, my rewards are terrible - 7K synergy when 2nd on my team and with a licence. I think they’ve disabled fleet strength.

Now you can get 6 shots without overheating if you wait just a millisecond between two shots (mathematically you should be able to do 6 without the fractional break but due to latency you have to). Don’t know how many for gunships.

I’m not saying it’s a problem. Singularity is a situational weapon and I think it’s pretty balanced. It’s speed had to be buffed in view of the overall EM speed nerf (even though I don’t know why that nerf was done).

Also, I can confirm that Combat Recon is picking from the LOWEST three DSR for captain, not highest.

I didn’t play today but yesterday you could get rid of drones just fine.

Also I ended up having one CR where I was captain so it’s just fully random like it used to be maybe (I’m highest).

They do huh?Then there is something wrong with the devs’ mind,and the new beam cannon has been buzzing some inters and other small ship.

Also, my rewards are terrible - 7K synergy when 2nd on my team and with a licence. I think they’ve disabled fleet strength.

Disable what?I’m still receive the normal synergy reward,and there still a clear fleet strenght effect icon next to synergy reward after every fight.

Now you can get 6 shots without overheating if you wait just a millisecond between two shots (mathematically you should be able to do 6 without the fractional break but due to latency you have to). Don’t know how many for gunships.

I’m not saying it’s a problem. Singularity is a situational weapon and I think it’s pretty balanced. It’s speed had to be buffed in view of the overall EM speed nerf (even though I don’t know why that nerf was done).

The nerf was to positrons most likely.

Yesterday I played with the Apollo and the number of shots remain the same. You can squeeze a last shot as always if you overheat the weapons, but usually is not good, because of balls already high cooling time.

But now assault rails are just epic win. They are like fast firing gauss cannon. 

Edit: I can confirm that you can shake off drones fine. At least yesterday you could. Sometimes you don’t get collision damage if you have compensators fitted, so maybe that was the problem with you Jasan.

On the other hand, I have almost 9000 m range for spy drones now in the bonused recons. Gauss tacklers floating in open space, beware!!!

Even with +50% spread ammo, rails are basically fast gausses now.

Yesterday I played with the Apollo and the number of shots remain the same. You can squeeze a last shot as always if you overheat the weapons, but usually is not good, because of balls already high cooling time.

But now assault rails are just epic win. They are like fast firing gauss cannon. 

Edit: I can confirm that you can shake off drones fine. At least yesterday you could. Sometimes you don’t get collision damage if you have compensators fitted, so maybe that was the problem with you Jasan.

On the other hand, I have almost 9000 m range for spy drones now in the bonused recons. Gauss tacklers floating in open space, beware!!!

Possibly. I’d have to double check the ship’s loadout.

It does seem Recons are going back to the olden days of “DEBUFF EVERYONE FROM EVERYWHERE!”, which I always enjoyed. :slight_smile:

Still prefers my 89k Survavibility Inquisitor S and my new 363 m/s 60k Survavibility T-Rex Mk2.

Pls Pls m8… let us give a look at that TRex build… lol Is it speed tanking? Actually i’m trying a kind of Long range build with positrons on Trex mk 2 wich is quite nice…

Team death match MUST account for team size, just had 4v4 game, we pushed into enemy spawn at 2d minute, staied there for another 10, and yet we still didn’t reach 50 points (timer ended at around 10-14 points to go)

I cant even imagine how frustrating that was for enemy team, proprs to those that did not disconnected.

As some one proposed back here, respawns should be synchronised one way or another

It was me lol You r right problem there is respawn… It has to be fixed asap… PPl get killed as soon as they respawn one by one… they should respawn in a safer place all together…Otherwise is just a kills farming party for one of the 2 teams

I didn’t play today but yesterday you could get rid of drones just fine.

Also I ended up having one CR where I was captain so it’s just fully random like it used to be maybe (I’m highest).

Been Captain 2 times and both of them was teh player with higher dsr… so i tihnk it’s working as intendeed.

yep… confirm…Devs should monitor this very carefully :wink: I think assault rails were fine the way they were before.