Star Conflict 1.4.4: Legacy of the Ancestors (Discussion)

You know when they said they need to conserve space on servers, so they capped storage limits?

That explains a lot… they must have reduced server capacity, that’s why I’m noticing massive lag during peak periods.

Now it all makes perfect sense. 3-4 years ago, lag like this was unimaginable.

4 hours ago, phoenixfire009 said:

Taikin is having both speed and insane maneuverability. And obviously, it’s okay. But in fact it’s broken. 

On another note but still related, I wonder how come they nerfed the cruise engine and rendered it useless last patch after leaving it untouched for years… Why change it now all of a sudden? expecially since it was such a good, maybe even the only real good, counter to the fast thargas that have been ruling the pvp for weeks and months now. It’s a pity, I had so much fun with my jaguar vs tharga before I made one myself. 

I repeat, only inhibitor beam slow down the taikin at 394(full speed build) and stop it from teleport and that ship receive a massive collision damage. Taikin is OP only in very good hands.

Uh, the teleportation sphere’s cooldown is now visible(thanks god), yet we still can’t assign another key to it.

You can access the node tree of the alien ships right from the hangar, as well as a synergy counter for the next cheapest node(aside the special modules, everything has the same cost already for Tai’Kin).

Haven’t ran a FS yet but something sure has changed in there.

Oh, almost forgot, whenever you click on a premium ship’s price you are prompted with this:

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

It even gives you a glimpse at the default loadout, level bonuses and stats as well as their price or progress on parts, nice addition.

2 hours ago, betatrash said:

You know when they said they need to conserve space on servers, so they capped storage limits?

That explains a lot… they must have reduced server capacity, that’s why I’m noticing massive lag during peak periods.

Now it all makes perfect sense. 3-4 years ago, lag like this was unimaginable.

You’re naive aren’t you? 

Limit has nothing to do with server capacity. Not even a single bit. 

In fact, it actually costs more storage to have a limit. 

7 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

It’s not a bug, you will get all of the parts from both guaranteed which is superb.

But then you must farm both of them, you can’t choose :/ 

1 hour ago, Ogrande18O said:

I repeat, only inhibitor beam slow down the taikin at 394(full speed build) and stop it from teleport and that ship receive a massive collision damage. Taikin is OP only in very good hands.

What a joke.

Tai kin can be built with 2 invisibility for a total of 11 second invisibility, for 30 second cooldown per module (thanks to nodes). 

A multipurpose  would also disrupt the inhibitor beam.

49 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

What a joke.

Tai kin can be built with 2 invisibility for a total of 11 second invisibility, for 30 second cooldown per module (thanks to nodes). 

A multipurpose  would also disrupt the inhibitor beam.

Which was the case - I use both slows AND gravi beamer. Did it work?  Nope. When the taikin almost was dead he suddenly was 10k away. 

Just now, phoenixfire009 said:

Which was the case - I use both slows AND gravi beamer. Did it work?  Nope. When the taikin almost was dead he suddenly was 10k away. 

For this, there’s heavy guard drone.

Heavy guard drone prevents warp for all ships within 7km (10 with range buff). It’s a must have on tacklers now.

But it doesn’t solves the problem of invisibility.

14 hours ago, millanbel said:

Projectile speed is the problem. I’m using 6-3 like I was before, but now I can never hit thar’gas/ceptors like I could before. I just miss 100% of the time.

the fact , new alien ship are too fast for all weapon .

they need quickly to rework speed , agility for each rank .

just for example atm my Tai’kin its only a r8 but i can fly at 500 m/s with more 120 m/s stafe …good luck to hit me ^^ … on t3 game i’m just afraid of Thai’gar

about the patch .

nice to see new ship . some cool idea with guard and engy module .

i like engy and guard , they need more love i’m just a bit afraid of the special moule for the engy , its seems a bit “OP” even i never try it .

they fix bug , great but when they finally fix crash bug since the last patch for crash client on some few map on Pve …?

again no rework of tooltilps for task mission , not the good info to accompish the task , its a bit a waste of time to find what to do each time

for example the task to destroy or help to destroy a ship with EM or thermal damage are incorrect info , its only work with dealing damage with a thermal or a EM main weapon .

finally even the camplain of all the community and player , limits ressources are re-introduce with the 500 cap , nice troll face xD

its just an other way to keep the player in -game and add more grinding .:frowning: … we can’t manage any more our ressource .

Marathon event it always fun , but !!

please do something for the monocrystal , what the interest to get part for new ship if we can’t get the huge ressource monos needed to craft the other part …?

its like now , new event are just introduce for player collect half ressource and buy the other half on spending GS . i can understand Dev. need money but not the best way to go on a period players steel leaving the game . Make first the game more attractive to get more people

1 hour ago, Swifter43021 said:

For this, there’s heavy guard drone.

Heavy guard drone prevents warp for all ships within 7km (10 with range buff). It’s a must have on tacklers now.

But it doesn’t solves the problem of invisibility.

Personally i use only phase modulator and i have every time a spydrone on my self

18 minutes ago, Ogrande18O said:

Personally i use only phase modulator and i have every time a spydrone on my self

Most active modules aren’t that effective.

I use only 3 actives : Inhibitor crystal + recon cloak + tai kin cloak. 

And even without warp/cloak, Tai kin is still too mobile to be killed. I have 440 forward speed and 380 strafe speed without afterburners.

Imagine if I used companion crystal.  ![:007j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007j.png “:007j:”)

9 hours ago, phoenixfire009 said:

Taikin is having both speed and insane maneuverability. And obviously, it’s okay. But in fact it’s broken. 

On another note but still related, I wonder how come they nerfed the cruise engine and rendered it useless last patch after leaving it untouched for years… Why change it now all of a sudden? expecially since it was such a good, maybe even the only real good, counter to the fast thargas that have been ruling the pvp for weeks and months now. It’s a pity, I had so much fun with my jaguar vs tharga before I made one myself. 

Yeah, I agree. If I use this module twice in a row, energy gets depleted. To make matters worse, maneuverability is not the same at it once was.

Such change was not really necessary. They should listen to long-term, well established players, not some whiners.

They are trying to please everyone, that’s why we have such a mess.

What does it mean with "award xenochips to all parcticipants of the tech race event?

Its possible to grind more than 80 per day?

2 hours ago, Koromac said:

Yeah, I agree. If I use this module twice in a row, energy gets depleted. To make matters worse, maneuverability is not the same at it once was.

Such change was not really necessary. They should listen to long-term, well established players, not some whiners.

They are trying to please everyone, that’s why we have such a mess.

Actually, for cruise it’s fine IMO.

Tai kin has an integrated cruise BTW. AB activation costs a lot. Even with 35% AB reduction cost * 3, I still manages to get out of energy due to successive AB.

Giving it less energy consumption and making it so that you should balance between strafe and speed and not getting both should be a good start.

29 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Actually, for cruise it’s fine IMO.

Tai kin has an integrated cruise BTW. AB activation costs a lot. Even with 35% AB reduction cost * 3, I still manages to get out of energy due to successive AB.

It’s not fine :< especially now when taikins are so damn fast and can get to the other side of the map and speed cap a beacon in no time for example. What else can u fly that’s fast to get to his position?  Another taikin. Sad to see that to be the only viable counter. 

Let’s just rename the game to alien conflict then xD 

Tackler and tilith are the only counter for now^^’

Before talking and leading into the ridiculous, you would do well to learn how to play!
How do you do not hit the taikin if they are constantly slowing down to 300m / s ??? me and my team can kill the ninja’s taikin !Yet we do it without massive slowdowns or automatic weapons. The problem is yours! And if you can not hit an interceptor obviously you do not have the skills to do that,so it’s right that you do not hit it. Why should there be a difference between a good player and a newbie if everybody can do the same things ??? if u dont hit interceptors ,you probably have to train to do it! In addition to your total incompetence the game has provided you with a lots of legal aimbots to hit evrything everywhere! So besides being silent you should be ashamed.

Sonic89 TricolorHawks

41 minutes ago, phoenixfire009 said:

It’s not fine :< especially now when taikins are so damn fast and can get to the other side of the map and speed cap a beacon in no time for example. What else can u fly that’s fast to get to his position?  Another taikin. Sad to see that to be the only viable counter. 

Let’s just rename the game to alien conflict then xD 

You want to be as fast as a recon on a fighter ?

Recon are the fastest role of the fastest class in game. There’s no reason you should be able to easily follow a recon warping away on a fighter. And any recon can follow without too much trouble a tai kin. 

If you want to follow it, pick an interceptor. Or else, change of strategy : Block it. 

A tackler’s heavy guard drone, and no more warp. 

Anyway, tai kin is easy to kill compared to what the thar ga was.

Just drop a heavy drone + slow him, and ask an ally recon to drop a micro-locator. And he’s dead : No cloak, no warp, and multipurpose can’t remove the warp deny. 

8 minutes ago, TiLt said:

Before talking and leading into the ridiculous, you would do well to learn how to play!
How do you do not hit the taikin if they are constantly slowing down to 300m / s ??? me and my team can kill the ninja’s taikin !Yet we do it without massive slowdowns or automatic weapons. The problem is yours! And if you can not hit an interceptor obviously you do not have the skills to do that,so it’s right that you do not hit it. Why should there be a difference between a good player and a Ace if everybody can do the same things ??? if u dont hit interceptors ,you probably have to train to do it! In addition to your total incompetence the game has provided you with a lots of legal aimbots to hit evrything everywhere! So besides being silent you should be ashamed.

Sonic89 TricolorHawks

Well then, why dont you scare away all Taikins with your “skills” in t5 already, make them regret their decisions to ever have manufactured one?

Cmon now. It depends on the Taikin pilot, his build + the support your team gives you in the attempt of hunting him down. A veteran TAikin can easily survive minutes as last ship in a Combat Recon battle, by trolling, evading, jumping away - with good timing he is more than a little nuisance. 

Altho, I must admit - I havent yet used the big drone in the anti Taikin hunt. I will try that. It just feels silly to have to bring another noskill thing into this swamp of [insert fitting word here]. 

![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)