Spectre Field

This was a brilliant idea and whoever thought of it needs a pat on the back and 5000GS.

BUT… Having it suck up half of your energy for 5 seconds of cloak and a bit of shields then having to wait another 30+ seconds for cooldown is ridiculous. Either active time needs an increase by about double, or cooldown needs to be decreased. I haven’t experimented much with the module but I know that 5 seconds is nothing unless you can haul 500-700m/s and if you gotta stick to the guard to be cloaked, this module is useless.

I am pretty sure it is more effective with more people.

Also needs to start at Tier 3 instead of Tier 4, so I can load up my Blood-Guard and own some shiz with the squad.

The module is fine and shouldn’t be balanced around your personal tastes ignoring any kind of logic. The module was not made for the Guard’s sake but for allied ships coming to you to get cloaked and survive a critical situation. The module is indeed “useless” for the guard but very good for the rest of the team.

Yep what Resi said. The module doesn’t seem made to infiltrate the enemy territory, it’s an escape device for allies that are close to being blown up, and that sort of forces the attackers to focus on the guard since they don’t have other targets around anymore for 5 seconds. 

I actually think this is a very smart module, clap clap for the DEVs!

It’s a great module. 

Now dev think about class that have only 4 active modules. Guard already have enough choices.

We should have modules for : Gunships, ECM, Recon, Command.

Can you smell the Insane Jericho Guard/Empire Fleet Combo?

Can you smell the Insane Jericho Guard/Empire Fleet Combo?

Can you smell the single microlocator that will render this module useless the whole game?

Can you smell the single microlocator that will render this module useless the whole game?

Beh not useless, it’s like you’d say tackler is useless 'cause of microL. Blasphemy!

Beh not useless, it’s like you’d say tackler is useless 'cause of microL. Blasphemy!

Tacklers are mobile, frigballs are not.

Tacklers are mobile, frigballs are not.

If the module is on guard it doesn’t auto mean frigball. In SQ a guard in our setup would be nice, a Fed guard is nice too, and now it’s even nicer when our theoretical guard can save your fighter/intie/engie arse when you’re being focused. If the enemy uses ML before the cloak, then it can be destroyed as usual. If he uses ML after the cloak, you still gain 2-3 seconds of escape time. 

I think it’s awesome design on this module. 

If the module is on guard it doesn’t auto mean frigball. In SQ a guard in our setup would be nice, a Fed guard is nice too, and now it’s even nicer when our theoretical guard can save your fighter/intie/engie arse when you’re being focused. If the enemy uses ML before the cloak, then it can be destroyed as usual. If he uses ML after the cloak, you still gain 2-3 seconds of escape time. 

I think it’s awesome design on this module. 

The main problem is, what do you drop? in a fed guard you need both survival modules + pulsar. You can drop the engine inhibitor, but I think that module is more needed than the cloak.

The main problem is, what do you drop? in a fed guard you need both survival modules + pulsar. You can drop the engine inhibitor, but I think that module is more needed than the cloak.

I think you can replace a shield regen module, since the cloak should regen your shields. 

Also needs to start at Tier 3 instead of Tier 4, so I can load up my Blood-Guard and own some shiz with the squad.

Aren’t you the guy that tried to kill me on that Blood Tor with the help of that Lance, last week?

The module is fine and shouldn’t be balanced around your personal tastes ignoring any kind of logic. 

> ignoring any kind of logic

Soooo… the entire module itself.

Not sure, but I think the modules effect might stack with other guards in the radius. I was doing Pve and someone was using it and two different buffs popped up instead of one (one showed up a second later however)

Aren’t you the guy that tried to kill me on that Blood Tor with the help of that Lance, last week

Only corpie that ik has one has been AFK for a month now. XD

And lol. So much peoples arguing aboot one new module that hasn’t even had one nerf yet.

The devs probably had in mind this as the modules purpose:

-When activated any surrounding team members will be cloaked for a limited amount of time, allowing for the guard to head to the enemy with allies under cover close by.

In theory it’s a great module if you coordinate your team; but with it’s current time span you aren’t going anywhere.

The devs probably had in mind this as the modules purpose:

-When activated any surrounding team members will be cloaked for a limited amount of time, allowing for the guard to head to the enemy with allies under cover close by.

In theory it’s a great module if you coordinate your team; but with it’s current time span you aren’t going anywhere.

No, they did not. It has already been discussed. The idea is to save an friendly under fire with a nicely timed cloak, and to take all aggression upon the guard since there are no more targets around. 

No, they did not. It has already been discussed. The idea is to save an friendly under fire with a nicely timed cloak, and to take all aggression upon the guard since there are no more targets around. 

You have an imagination. Use it.

If you squad up some guards you can do a lot more than save one ship

Reminds me of Starcraft Arbiters, the module itself is nice.