Solution to not getting US server and RU server lag!

So… its obvious that nothing is being done about the server issues and US players are still being put on RU servers 90% of the time only to have a disadvantage and unfair advantage to the RU player base.

I suggest this solution. If all US players refuse to play on RU servers maybe someone will get the hint. The RU community will start to get annoyed at all the uneven games because US players are DC’ed.

… just saying… we can’t win if the game is stacked against us! So why waste your 10 mins watching your ship spin in place.

Use frigates. I am so stupid right now.

Boycotts don’t work unless you get a lot of people together. The number of players that actually bother with the forums out of the total number of players is rather small. So that means a boycott like this is pretty much doomed to fail.

Also, since Disconnecting in the middle of a match is an ‘unofficial’ offense that can be reported, chances are most of the US players who tried this would end up banned. The result of which would be Star Gem going, “Oh, well it looks like our US playerbase is too small to require a separate server, so lets shut that one down and save some money.”

EDIT: Doesn’t NASA kick members for excessive disconnects?

EDIT2: I was really hoping there was a simple player-side .ini file that could be modified that would fix this mess, and that someone had discovered it. I am disappoint.

EDIT2: I was really hoping there was a simple player-side .ini file that could be modified that would fix this mess, and that someone had discovered it. I am disappoint.

If there is such a file, it’s likely inside the .dat packs. You’d have to open them up, edit the file, then repack them. It’s a whole mess, way too complicated for anyone not knowing what they’re doing, WAY too easy to mess it up.

As for the boycott, I’m against it as it’d reduce the already dwindling community.

If there is such a file, it’s likely inside the .dat packs. You’d have to open them up, edit the file, then repack them. It’s a whole mess, way too complicated for anyone not knowing what they’re doing, WAY too easy to mess it up.

As for the boycott, I’m against it as it’d reduce the already dwindling community.

good point… just so tired of this one-sided lag … us players don’t have an fair game.

It’s just that there are more Ruskie players than anything else. While that’s not an issue, it just means most of the games will be based over there, instead of a middle ground, like EU.

I got a solution: let’s all sign a petition to get Putin to move Russia into the middle of the Atlantic, that way everyone will be happy.

But seriously, I as an EU player have green ping on Russian server (this is from Germany, from France I have orange, which was still fine).  So RU + EU community are all fine playing on Russia servers.  However when I play later on in US prime time, I get more and more on US servers wher I get 150 ping = unplayable in inties.

So yeah, the problem works both ways.  But I think it is fair since EU and RU prime time are more populated than US prime time atm.

I’ve a previous post on this exact topic, same answer again.

The issue can almost certainly be resolved by using a proxy server to Russian and or Europe. All the proxy needs is a low jump count to the other servers.

Also, the game may have coding to prioritize russion IPs. Possible, not very likely, but possible.

In all I am actually ok with the low ping, I exspect 200 to RU. I am not ok with the 2% packet loss to those servers. Possible I have a bad route, but this could be due to poor coding in the engine also. The only other thing I do with any Russian servers is block and report spam senders. So I don’t know if the 2% loss is normal.

Also, the game may have coding to prioritize russion IPs. Possible, not very likely, but possible.

Not how it works.

If you pick a specific server, the MM will spend 2-3 minutes looking for a game on the server that you picked. After that, the search goes global. And where are the majority of the world-wide pilots? Russia. This is why the majority of the games are there.

Not how it works.

If you pick a specific server, the MM will spend 2-3 minutes looking for a game on the server that you picked. After that, the search goes global. And where are the majority of the world-wide pilots? Russia. This is why the majority of the games are there.

Have you played during US primetime? I get Russian servers 3/4 of the time then.

Have you played during US primetime? I get Russian servers 3/4 of the time then.

I don’t. I was just stating that his theory that the devs coded it in is bonkers.

I don’t. I was just stating that his theory that the devs coded it in is bonkers.

Slightly less bonkers when the alternative is to believe that there are three times as many people playing in Russia at 8 AM than there are in the US at 8 PM. Although I can’t say for sure.

It depends on the day for me. I find that on weekends, I get US servers 3/4 of the time during US primetime, but midweek, I find that I get RU or EU servers 3/4 times during US primetime. I know for me, I get about 60 ping on US servers from my current location, and I get 160-180 ping on EU servers and 180-220 ping on RU servers. I’ve adapted to flying inties in high ping, and I have learned to fly inties in the ping I get on EU servers, but RU servers still make flying inties impossible for me.

That said, something needs to be done about this. More needs to be done to draw more US players to this game. I know War Thunder is extremely popular in the US, so why can’t Gaijin do for Star Conflict what they did for War Thunder? If more US players were attracted to the game, the issue of servers would be fixed, there would be enough players from each region to get games in the region that is best for them. I miss the beginnings of this game, where the US player based matched the RU player base, and 99/100 games would be on US servers (for US players), and wait times were well under 2 minutes. More/better advertising needs to be implemented to draw those old players back to the game, and to draw new blood to this game.

TBH, I am sick of playing on Russian servers, but even worse are teh few matches on Asia servers… those run like molasses.

UK player here, I get packet loss of sufficient weight, to find games on russian servers extremely frustrating !

Add to that the inability to effectively communicate with most russian players, " I no talk inglish ", and I am very much disinterested in playing on russian servers !

That said, something needs to be done about this. More needs to be done to draw more US players to this game. I know War Thunder is extremely popular in the US, so why can’t Gaijin do for Star Conflict what they did for War Thunder? If more US players were attracted to the game, the issue of servers would be fixed, there would be enough players from each region to get games in the region that is best for them. I miss the beginnings of this game, where the US player based matched the RU player base, and 99/100 games would be on US servers (for US players), and wait times were well under 2 minutes. More/better advertising needs to be implemented to draw those old players back to the game, and to draw new blood to this game.

True, I was thinking about that  - SC needs promotion around all internet, not only in US. But looks like Gaijin worry only about WT, cuz it`s main project & making more money.

Speaking about server - I have nice PC & good connection so I haven`t any problems only in “laggy” days when all players have troubles. :010j:

This issue does need to be fixed.  The US has a potentially huge player base, and if they ever decide to advertise here properly, there will be lots of bad things happening when new players arrive. 

When the ping gets higher than 140, any kind of main weapon that has projectile speed, or ship that relies on agility, becomes quite hard to use due to weapon firing and movement delay.  EU servers are a moderate middle ground for me, but I still get around 120 if I’m lucky (averagely 130-160).  Russia is always awful ranging 150-250 ping that alternates between those ranges which makes compensating for the delay impossible due to the irregularity. Don’t even get me started on those 500+ ping loss South Asia servers…

There is a reason the US community is so small… most of the American players that have tried this game quit because of ping/loss…  And it shouldn’t be fixed just for the US players either, it should be fixed so that all players will play with near the same ping that the Russian home team player base gets. 

Not how it works.

Actually I was not refering to MM.

I was refering to in game lag, which is literally the topic of this thread.

100% correct on your MM reference. Though it is off subject.

That said, it is very unlikely there is coding to favor RU IPs. I am refering to the in game packet loss. Though the packet loss is almost certainly due to the server not responding to the client within an acceptable time frame. So in short partially a route & server stats issue.

“Possible, not very likely, but possible”, was right after “the game may have coding to prioritize russion IPs”.

?

And I assumed you were talking about the MM, not the packet loss. Welp, that was a mistake.

Sec con last night was miserable. I had 10-30% packet loss the whole time. U.S. servers were slightly better. 

Boycott? No. Let’s get everyone to go onto the russian forums and start complaining.