Ship Aerography and Colouring Re-price

Current:

Non-premium stickers can be bought for 7 days or with no expiration for one ship at a time. Price increases exponentially with Tier.

Premium stickers from DLCs or Achievements can be applied to any ship free of charge, forever.

Non-premium paint and presets can be bought for 7 days or with no expiration for one ship at a time. Price increases exponentially with Tier.

Premium presets can be applied to any ship free of charge, forever.

Proposed Change:

Change the 7 day “rental” option for paint and stickers from GS to credits. Reduce duration to 3 matches (like boosters).

Make individual paint colors and presets permanently unlockable for ALL ships regardless of Tier for GS. Increase GS price for individual colors to 400GS. Increase GS price of presets to 700GS.

Make individual stickers permanently unlockable for ALL ships regardless of Tier for GS. Increase GS price for stickers to 300GS.

Additional Suggestion:

Allow players to use any of the sub-faction camo templates on any of their faction ship (Imperials can choose between Empire Standard, Warden, or Legion camo for their ship; Federation can choose between Federation Standard, Armada, or Vanguard; Jericho can choose between Jericho Standard, Raid, or Tech). Each camo pattern is unlocked in T1 by buying a ship with a particular default camo (EX: T1R2 unlocks Legion camo).

Premium ship camo template becomes available for all ships of any rank and any faction upon purchase of a premium ship of any rank in any faction.

Reasoning:

Stickers used to be buy-once-use-forever before the paint update, and could be rented for credits. Our current system is a step backwards, for no apparent reason other than $$. Certain premium stickers and presets are already permanent, so why stop there and punish the non-premium players?

For those of you who are bound to say: “But how will they still make money?” There are tons of colors that they could introduce to the game that they have not, and lets be honest: it’s not that hard to code another color into the available pallet. For example, several prominent players have requested shades of pink that have yet to be added to the store.

There have also been requests for alternate camo patterns that have yet to be capitalized upon.

If the developers want to monetize visual customization properly, let players keep what they have bought and keep introducing new colors and stickers. Nobody wants to look like everyone else, so give us more options, and let us keep applying the stuff we have already bought for GS to our ships without having to buy it all over again.

Right now I don’t even consider buying into stickers and paint because it’s so limited and not worth the GS.

It would totes my goats for this suggestion to be implemented but… You know the rest.

Since I’ve unlocked some preset that are available on each ship and forever, I don’t paint my ships anymore.

Well, who would ?

When we pay for something we should keep it…

Well…I kinda painted all of my favorite T5 ships. It’s forever, and it’s not all that expensive…600ish GS per ship. Nobody says you should paint all of your ships. 

But in the end you’re sort of right, the paint/cammo system could be very profitable. 

What really bothers me is that ok, you buy a color for 300ish GS, it’s permanent. But when you want to change that color, you’ve got to pay another 300 GS, and also lose the previous color. That’s not really cool. If you unlock a color, it should at least stay unlocked for the ship you unlocked it for, in the slot you unlocked it. I don’t even ask it for all the ships or all the paint slots. 

And yes, they could add all sorts of colors/cammo schemes, and maybe even skins with different models? That you could combine, as you combine the paints? I’d love/buy that for sure. 

Ofc…what i’d love the most would be if the modules you add to the ship would change it’s aspect. Like installing a light hull would make the ship model somehow sleeker around it’s nose or add an extra wing, while putting a resist model would add something to the ship’s texture. Or putting a Vernier engine would modify the direction control thrusters around the ship, visually. Ok, i should wake up, i started dreaming again :smiley:

Wow. I’m shocked this topic isn’t exploding like wildfire. Only 4 votes?

I was certain most of the community would be behind something like this. Guess I was wrong? Or was the title not controversial enough to get people to read it?

I just didn’t see this in my unread topics until now. But hey!

PINK SHIPS.

There’s absolutely nothing hard to implement a color picker where you choose your own color. Then you had a second picker for the brightness and peoples will be HAPPY.

once a colour is bought on a ship it should be unlocked on that ship forever, why its not i have no idea

once a colour is bought on a ship it should be unlocked on that ship forever, why its not i have no idea

Why it’s not ?  Because MOOOOONEY.

Or maybe they’ll argument with “It’s more realistic”.

While I don’t want to choke this suggestion with yet another one, I did have an addition that I’d like to discuss.

Additional Suggestion:

Allow players to use any of the sub-faction camo templates on any of their faction ship (Imperials can choose between Empire Standard, Warden, or Legion camo for their ship; Federation can choose between Federation Standard, Armada, or Vanguard; Jericho can choose between Jericho Standard, Raid, or Tech). Each camo pattern is unlocked in T1 by buying a ship with a particular default camo (EX: T1R2 unlocks Legion camo).

Premium ship camo template becomes available for all ships of any rank and any faction upon purchase of a premium ship of any rank in any faction.

Thoughts?

thanks for the idea - forwarded to Devs

Now to see if the communitie’s voice is heard.

Now to see if the communitie’s voice is heard.

Be aware, that we have a lot of good suggestions.

And on the other hand the Devs do have their plans, ideas and projects.

We review all input and then decide how to progress on this.

There will be no implementation just because of this topic.

But we carefully take care on the input received from all of you

regards

Additional Suggestion:

Premium ship camo template becomes available for all ships of any rank and any faction upon purchase of a premium ship of any rank in any faction.

Thoughts?

I don’t think this is a very good idea, since a lot of ships are simply recolored variants of baseline designs. It could be nice, though, to see something like Vanguard stripes and checkers on a Jericho inty, Wardens iconography on a Federation fighter, Techs geometry on an Imperial frigate, etc.

EDIT: Then again, putting something like Imperial standard colors on powerful ship variants like Phobos (lol) or Styx can go both ways. “Did that Cerberus just drop a repair station? Why does it have drones?” “Did that Deimos just brutalize my Crusader?”

“Oh, that’s probably a Sigurd, isn’t it…”

It could be nice, though, to see something like Vanguard stripes and checkers on a Jericho inty, Wardens iconography on a Federation fighter, Techs geometry on an Imperial frigate, etc.

Uh, no. That’s not what I was suggesting. I was advocating keeping sub-faction camo patterns within their Faction, but being able to put them on other ships of that line, as the patterns already exist for those hulls. So essentially you could color a Styx with the camo pattern for the Wardens (or the Premium pattern from the Sigurdr) if you didn’t like it’s default Legion camo pattern. Or alternately you could re-pattern the Sigurdr with a bland Basic Imperial camo pattern if you want to fly under the radar.

Mixing camo patterns between factions would require a bit too much work at the moment, as their hulls are all different.

EDIT: Derp, you did understand after all. Silly me.

I think I whined about this a while back, good to see its still being talked about. Colors should be unlocked once and permanately. This would work for single colors, though not the color picker/gamma (whitch would also be awesome to have) so that would be intersting. But as it stands now with losing a color you got when you get a new one, let alone for a single ship is frustrating. I LOVE having my ship colored how I want [Did this with my Harpys. But RiP their beautiful designs when the graphic patterns were swapped for no reason and with no warning and not fixed.] But with how the game is still changeing and will keep expanding i’d rather invest my credits/CS in things I’ll have forever. So they will just rot with me rather then being spent.

LF achievement that unlocks a color for all my ships too, that would Rock.

Thanks for you input - this have been forwarded to Devs

I remember back when stickers were bought this way. I bought the Empire eagle and the Wardens Order stickers, once, and have had permanent use of them ever since. No prizes for guessing what 90% of my ships get decal wise.

I remember back when stickers were bought this way. I bought the Empire eagle and the Wardens Order stickers, once, and have had permanent use of them ever since. No prizes for guessing what 90% of my ships get decal wise.

I miss how this worked. Same here with the Sirin and that flaming lion head.

I miss how this worked. Same here with the Sirin and that flaming lion head.

There is a reason I use the Skull with the Red X on most of my ships.

The DLC stickers are cool and all, but that was my first purchase, and since they let me keep it for free, I’ve kept using it as my personal insignia.

I’m just lucky the free beta Hellhound preset matches it so well.