Russian lag servers

Between EU and RU servers always were problems and high pings (playing lot of games [from eastern europe]).

I’m pretty sure we are all aware of that. My only question, was there some major change or location change in the servers (EU and RU)? Cuz if there was, it seems to me that more people were satisfied before that change or move, than there are now.

I’m sure you understand this, but just in case, when you are working with such a small playerbase in an international game, you can’t move servers to change them to optimize them for the region they are located in. They must be optimized for all the players in the game.

There were only RU servers Datacenter change. The others wasnt. 

There were only RU servers Datacenter change. The others wasnt. 

When was that datacenter change? The time of the change may correlate with the time that many players started getting worse connections to RU servers.

As for EU servers, if there wasn’t a datacenter change, I don’t know what may be causing me and others to get higher ping and packet loss on EU servers compared to normal. Although I haven’t played on an EU server in a week or so. Once the graphics bug I’m encountering is fixed, I’ll get on and see if EU servers are any better now than they were a week ago. 

When was that datacenter change? The time of the change may correlate with the time that many players started getting worse connections to RU servers.

As for EU servers, if there wasn’t a datacenter change, I don’t know what may be causing me and others to get higher ping and packet loss on EU servers compared to normal. Although I haven’t played on an EU server in a week or so. Once the graphics bug I’m encountering is fixed, I’ll get on and see if EU servers are any better now than they were a week ago. 

you dont need to guess wich Russian DC was “better” for you  - you can compare right now with the force of ping and/or pathping/traceroute company.

new DC for RU region:   5.178.86.1  and 185.106.206.1 and 95.213.156.1

the old one:                   91.230.61.1

the movement was not just a one-day operation. The first two servers (just for test) was deployed on march, then there was a couple of monthes pause, then another bunch of servers, pause, and so on…and the last one was moved on november.

you dont need to guess wich Russian DC was “better” for you  - you can compare right now with the force of ping and/or pathping/traceroute company.

new DC for RU region:   5.178.86.1  and 185.106.206.1 and 95.213.156.1

the old one:                   91.230.61.1

the movement was not just a one-day operation. The first two servers (just for test) was deployed on march, then there was a couple of monthes pause, then another bunch of servers, pause, and so on…and the last one was moved on november.

old one was better for me. And also, i don’t believe you only changed the rus servers. If that was true, why would my ping go up by 40 ms on europe? 

How about you go way back to the servers where my ping was 160 on eu? I didn’t hear anyone complaining about lag back then… I’m not talking about the packet loss servers, i’m talking about whatever was before that. 

old one was better for me. And also, i don’t believe you only changed the rus servers. If that was true, why would my ping go up by 40 ms on europe? 

How about you go way back to the servers where my ping was 160 on eu? I didn’t hear anyone complaining about lag back then… I’m not talking about the packet loss servers, i’m talking about whatever was before that. 

Same for me. EU servers have gotten worse for some of us as well. My ping on EU used to be 130-140, now it’s 180-200, combined with a lot of packet loss, which I never used to get on EU servers. As far as the RU servers go, that time frame seems about right. It was in November when many people started complaining about higher ping and loss on RU servers, as that is when it was happening on all of them. Before then, I always would have games on RU servers, some of which would give far worse ping and loss, so now I have some explanation as to why that was.

Idk why the decision was made to move the servers, but if it was to optimize them for the entire globe, that venture failed miserably.

yes the switch seem to correlate with the start of the problems I m having on the russian servers. Basicaly i never had problems when i started to play, never had problems a year ago.

So nothing can be done, that is quite dissapointing.

About getting better… I usualy do fine but when you see shots just missing over and over again, when you die without seeing the cause, when you start hitting rocks i cant help feeling that this has a considerable impact on my experience. Certainly when you have to face a esb recon rush squad 4 times in a row on a russian server during leauges… unhittable thanks too the combo of evasive manouvers, rubberbanding and delay. I dont mind losing from a better player if i get equal weapons. Now however all russians on a russian server have an advantage, good and bad players. I can compare it with the europe servers and its just such a difference.

yes the switch seem to correlate with the start of the problems I m having on the russian servers

Are you having any higher ping or packet loss on EU servers? Or is that just unique to US players?

you can see EU servers IPs in your game.log. Get the oldest and reveal the true - no IP changes for EU.

internet consists of the dozens paths between you and server. From time to time those paths changes.  Sometimes in a good way for you specifically, sometimes not.  EU servers havent been moved, and i guess, also your end-point.  So i suppose there were some changes in between

Are you having any higher ping or packet loss on EU servers? Or is that just unique to US players?

europe servers seem to be good for me, sometimes have some problems on those as well but mostly they are fine for me. Russian servers is the big change for me.

Hm.

Well I’m betting sgdimitry’s point about the path from the server to us changing is probably what’s causing it for US players on EU servers.

As for the RU servers, I’d bet that the change in IP and location is causing all of the RU lag issues.

Hopefully the path goes back to what it was, and hopefully something can be worked out with RU servers to make them better.

Until then, I probably won’t be playing outside of US primetime anymore.

you can see EU servers IPs in your game.log. Get the oldest and reveal the true - no IP changes for EU.

internet consists of the dozens paths between you and server. From time to time those paths changes.  Sometimes in a good way for you specifically, sometimes not.  EU servers havent been moved, and i guess, also your end-point.  So i suppose there were some changes in between

yes but it happened the exact day you changed the russian servers. My old rus ping was 200-210, my current eu ping is 200-210. Perhaps you got confused and moved the eu servers to russia? 

Anyways, I am happy to try to help you but you have to at least acknowledge that something changed and it’s on your end. It can’t be a coincidence that on the same day as changing your other servers, my ping went up.

yes but it happened the exact day you changed the russian servers. My old rus ping was 200-210, my current eu ping is 200-210. Perhaps you got confused and moved the eu servers to russia? 

Let me recheck… nope. seems like EU servers are were they always been.

I’ve already sayed that it seems like something has changed in the world. But i’m ensure you - its not  EU servers datacenter.

Can we have an option to select the server and be sure that we will have the game on that server, whatever the waiting for the game will be? I am not a good player, but I found out that on some servers i just can’t play interceptors, on some I can play inties, but cannot hit anything with shrapnel cannon, on others I happily join intie furball and have a blast. 

Let me recheck… nope. seems like EU servers are were they always been.

I’ve already sayed that it seems like something has changed in the world. But i’m ensure you - its not  EU servers datacenter.

Then why has my ping gone up 40-60 ms if they haven’t moved? Blame my isp per usual? plz just look into your eu servers. 

Then why has my ping gone up 40-60 ms if they haven’t moved? Blame my isp per usual? plz just look into your eu servers. 

ISP can be a problem my ping as increased by ~30% after I got a new Agreement. Faster Internet, less packet loss(coz of an not needed technology by Telekom), and higher latency coz of the new not needed technology.

but on the same day as the other servers were changed?

Here’s my conspiracy theory. They moved european servers to russia out of confusion.

At least advertise outside russia so I m not forced to play 90 percent of my games on a laggy russian server. I can wait for queue in 5 minutes just to end in a russian server anyway. 

It is christmas sales on steam! full with adds yet i haven seen any star conflict ads. Now I think of it i might never have seen an add of star conflict since i began playing this game.

Dont you think that is weird?

ps: all 3 tournament rounds yesterday were on russian servers. First one was most horrible, just shot through people, died without seeing the shot because of the lag,…

happened 5 minutes befor this post (use the forum timestamp as a reference :))

LlLVchr.png

[PacketLoss.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10402)