Russian lag servers

Along with the slowdowns Koromac mentioned yesterday on the forum which i also noticed, I now notice today a lot of ping spikes, Ping on russian servers jumping from average 70-80 to over 200 and back. Also had packet loss on some occasion 5%. This seems to be a brandnew issue for me.

^Same for me last few days… :frowning:  

I have to stop being lazy and get some logs i guess

Guys about the servers during last month… Have you tried to turning them off and on again? 

They say that sometimes it help ya know? :stuck_out_tongue:

Apart jokes, yesterday during eu/ru primetime it was messy. Sorry no logs. Just harsh feelings :slight_smile:

Guys about the servers during last month… Have you tried to turning them off and on again? 

They say that sometimes it help ya know? :stuck_out_tongue:

Apart jokes, yesterday during eu/ru primetime it was messy. Sorry no logs. Just harsh feelings :slight_smile:

Today’s performance was horrible. Apart from not detected ping related issues, this started like 4-5 days ago. Constant orange area (110 ping) happened today and it is getting worse.

Ships behave like they have no engine slots and they tend to move and collide without any solid reason, even when I maintain the same gameplay style as before.

Maybe the Cruisers at 3 Stations in OS are just too much for the poor servers.

Servers need to rest too, you know. Even machines need to rest, or you get OVER-HEAT.

had about 20 games, no issues encountered what so ever (and yes it was during RU hours)

had about 20 games, no issues encountered what so ever (and yes it was during RU hours)

Problem was real during last weekend when we had the player peak. All my people in the channel was suffering from lag spikes during all the events of the day. Tournaments, leagues and dreads.

I do know that test wuold help, I’ m sorry for my lazy behave :stuck_out_tongue:

Our fearless and tearless pilots!
 The command center has gathered all of its bravery to mention you all of not forgetting to support us with the full pack of[logs and diag.tools](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25324-info-connection-losses-high-ping-and-related-issues/)results. And this is the only answer for now for all of your “usefull” posts. 

We begging you to DONT post your game experience (good or bad) without concrete debug info. 

Example of bad posts (useless, junky, floody, trashy and just… not good, bad, bad, bad!..):

•  “It was a really laggy yesterday”     <— This is a bad post. No logs, no traces.

• “Yep, for me too”                             <— This is a bad post. No logs, no traces.

• “I was played CrossOut and no laggs with comparing to StarConflict at the same day time”     <— This is a bad post. No logs, no traces.

• “As for me - all was great”                       <— This is a bad post also for the same reason.

Example of good posts:

•  “It was a really laggy yesterday. Here is my logs and diag.tools results. The problem was mostly seen at 10:30 (my localtime) on the map pve_raid_somemap”     <— This is a good post. With logs, and traces and extra info.

• “Yep, for me too. Here is my logs and diag.tools results. The problem was mostly seen at 10:30 (my localtime) on the map pve_raid_somemap”                             <— This is a good post. With logs, and traces and extra info.

• “I have played CrossOut and no laggs with comparing to StarConflict at the same day time. Here is my logs and diag.tools results. See the route difference to SC vs XO. The problem was mostly seen at 10:30 (my localtime) on the map pve_raid_somemap”  

• “As for me - all was great. Here is my logs and diag.tools results. Watch the traces and envy :-P”                       <— This is a good post. With logs, and traces and extra info.

GMT 10:50+ today. Russian server, No packet loss detected, ping at around 74 miliseconds. Lots of small things happened - module activated, then deactivated it by itself split second later, without following cooldown, ship wasn’t responding to controls flying in jagged pattern, missiles launched with delay. 

Please see attached logs and results from pathping.

[Bug Reports.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10431)

PS: Thank you for the link explaining what you need, however that post is missing images. I tried my best to guess what you guys need :slight_smile:

PS2: proper string to look for in game.log is “client: connected to” 

GMT 10:50+ today. Russian server, No packet loss detected, ping at around 74 miliseconds. Lots of small things happened - module activated, then deactivated it by itself split second later, without following cooldown, ship wasn’t responding to controls flying in jagged pattern, missiles launched with delay. 

Please see attached logs and results from pathping.

attachicon.gifBug Reports.zip

PS: Thank you for the link explaining what you need, however that post is missing images. I tried my best to guess what you guys need :slight_smile:

PS2: proper string to look for in game.log is “client: connected to” 

That is just a bad time, i say. As per the screenshot - almost every route hop gives your 1-2 % of losses cumulatively. And as a result - 17% in total - almost unplayable.  

Such behaviour is usually not persistent. Just try another time.

That is just a bad time, i say. As per the screenshot - almost every route hop gives your 1-2 % of losses cumulatively. And as a result - 17% in total - almost unplayable.  

Why does it happen?

How to minimize the risks and occurrence?

Update 1.3.1 will require a restart of whole servers. I am pretty sure, that it will be fine for three to five days, before it will start to show in some way again.

Usually it is noticeable the most with the Gauss cannon imprecise aiming, when it does not fire where you aim and ship’s maneuverability. Sometimes it feels “unstable”, like when you drink too much Vodka and you can’t walk straight.

Why does it happen?

How to minimize the risks and occurrence?

Update 1.3.1 will require a restart of whole servers. I am pretty sure, that it will be fine for three to five days, before it will start to show in some way again.

Usually it is noticeable the most with the Gauss cannon imprecise aiming, when it does not fire where you aim and ship’s maneuverability. Sometimes it feels “unstable”, like when you drink too much Vodka and you can’t walk straight.

It happen from time to time and depends of dozens and dozens random events - this is Internet.

In this concrete case to minimize risks you can use some kind of shaman tambourine to ask internet spirit of perfect paths to the endpoint. Or just try to gather weekly timestats when the route paths are most clean and fast.

Can we have an option to exclude some servers from the client side, please? Or even region? I would gladly wait another 2 minutes to get a game on EU server instead of 7 minutes of pure frustration on RU. 

Can we have an option to exclude some servers from the client side, please? Or even region? I would gladly wait another 2 minutes to get a game on EU server instead of 7 minutes of pure frustration on RU. 

For now, the only way is to configure your preferred region and try to stay away from the RU primetime window wich is 12:00 - 21:00 (UTC)

But this is not 100% solution, it just gives you some extra weight for The matchmaker’s decision.

Well… “Stay away from RU primetime”, which covers most of my spare time (I live in GMT zone). Are you working on another solution maybe? 

For now, the only way is to configure your preferred region and try to stay away from the RU primetime window wich is 12:00 - 21:00 (UTC)

But this is not 100% solution, it just gives you some extra weight for The matchmaker’s decision.

So basicaly all europe players are screwed and have to play with a unbearable handicap… your solution; stay away for 9 hours and maybe you ll get on a europe server. That is just great.

Still not the right time to advertise in europe? Attract some new not russian players?

Lag caused me to crash into the rocks two times killing me from full health… This is just ridiculous. 

Guys, let’s avoid flood in this thread, please. 

Example of good posts:

-  “It was a really laggy yesterday. Here is my logs and diag.tools results. The problem was mostly seen at 10:30 (my localtime) on the map pve_raid_somemap”     <— This is a good post. With logs, and traces and extra info.

• “Yep, for me too. Here is my logs and diag.tools results. The problem was mostly seen at 10:30 (my localtime) on the map pve_raid_somemap”                             <— This is a good post. With logs, and traces and extra info.

• “I have played CrossOut and no laggs with comparing to StarConflict at the same day time. Here is my logs and diag.tools results. See the route difference to SC vs XO. The problem was mostly seen at 10:30 (my localtime) on the map pve_raid_somemap” 

• “As for me - all was great. Here is my logs and diag.tools results. Watch the traces and envy :-P”                       <— This is a good post. With logs, and traces and extra info.

In this concrete case to minimize risks you can use some kind of shaman tambourine to ask internet spirit of perfect paths to the endpoint.

Brilliant XD