Russian lag servers

Well that doesnt explain how everything was fine just a couple of months ago. No lag spikes, no rubberbanding, no delays,…Nothing changed at my end so something changed at the game devs end. No other explanation possible. It also doesn’t explain how a lot of people (realy a lot) are experiencing the same problems. It also doesnt explain how sometimes (possibly after patch or server reset) problems are sudenly gone for a short bit and then gradualy reappear and worsen over time. Last but not least it doesnt explain how I m able to play every single game I own without any lag, disconnects or other connection related issues. Some of these games be it from te same developer, some with servers based in Russia or at the other side of the world.

But thank you Spongejohn for looking into it. I hope the developers will also take a good look.

An explanation is possible (me too i suffered almost all of a sudden what you talk about, even if in the last weeks situation is improved for me), but it’s pure “talk”. What i said about isp using different “routing way” can be applied also server side.

They probably changed server location or “isp” (doesn’t really works like that, but to give a simple explanation it’s enough).

Atm as Doomdude here said “they are collecting data”, can’t give immediate solution to this.

Per request:

Also, next time you plan on changing servers, why don’t you do what every other game that has functioning servers does and test it? Just a suggestion lol i could be wrong. 

How can you have such an high ping on your own network?

1   16ms     0/ 100 =  0%     0/ 100 =  0%  10.0.0.1 

Are you on wifi? Just curious. 

they are collecting data", can’t give immediate solution to this.

yep

Thank you guys for a cooperation. Could you help us a little more :-)? Please attach the logs of cases when you play on Russian servers.

Well Doomb0t, much better connection to russian servers for me. Now ping 110-150, was 170 - 250.

But what i m noticing is higher ping to european servers. Now 70-140, was 50-80.  If i m not trippin’ :frowning:

And this yesterday and day before:

Getting much higher ping to EU in Open Space than before. Packet loss as well.

Yesterday, during dreadnought battles in Jericho, I faced spikes of 220 to 500 ping. I have 45-60 ping as a routinely normal connection, but this problem of spiking only happens in Jericho dreadnought times. I’ll send more data when I am online this evening, but I have no idea how to do this on a MacBook.

Russian server logs. More battles available upon request I suppose. Ping was about 160-170 throughout. Lately, it’s been higher than it used to be (between 130-150) but packet loss is less common.

For some reason it’s been happening more often on EU servers, which before had both no packet loss issues at all and was between 100-110 ping. Now it’s 130…

[2015.12.01 10.39.24.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10218)

How can you have such an high ping on your own network?

1   16ms     0/ 100 =  0%     0/ 100 =  0%  10.0.0.1 

Are you on wifi? Just curious. 

I’m on wifi but i have tested with hard wire and no difference. usually it’s less, who knows why it was like that, today it’s 5 ms. On home hosted server, i have 0 ms ping usually so it’s not that. I have looked into it before spongey. 

Dude the pathping is incomplete. You should live it running until it’s done. Usually it will close by itself when it’s over.

updated the post it should be complete now

Russian servers are absolutly horrible and unplayable today. This is gamebreaking. When can i expect improvements? I need a date, not ‘soon’ or ‘we are working on a solution’

Maybe for u Erador … for me situation is excellent … I still dont believe that last couple of days ping to russian servers was 67-110. Never been better. 

Russian servers are absolutly horrible and unplayable today. This is gamebreaking. When can i expect improvements? I need a date, not ‘soon’ or ‘we are working on a solution’

please [use the script](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25324-info-connection-losses-high-ping-and-related-issues/?p=301106) while playing on the russian server (or being in hangar just after you’v played on ru server), and bring to crowd its results. 

and to all US pilots: please give us your[game logs](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25328-how-to-create-bug-reports/) of the game on the RU server.

and also please check your region preference and set it to USA, then report if you have still get matched to RU servers  (with game.log attached)

post-253878-0-78185000-1449149305.png

@sgdmitry

I recently noticed higher pings, than I used to get.

I had 30-33 ping for the EU servers, 60-66 ping for the RU servers and 150 for US servers.

Now I got an increase in each area by almost 25-33%.

What did you do?

@sgdmitry

I recently noticed higher pings, than I used to get.

I had 30-33 ping for the EU servers, 60-66 ping for the RU servers and 150 for US servers.

Now I got an increase in each area by almost 25-33%.

What did you do?

is this a kinda tricky question? I trully dont now what you’v done.

But i can advise you to pathping and traceroute your servers - at least you would know were are the networking issues (or were they at all) + game.log

is this a kinda tricky question? I trully dont now what you’v done.

But i can advise you to pathping and traceroute your servers - at least you would know were are the networking issues (or were they at all) + game.log

Will post them, but after 1.2.5 update.

Will post them, but after 1.2.5 update.

That won’t be for a while.

That won’t be for a while.

Have faith in Koromac’s intuition.

Pigs can fly! I have witnessed it!

and also please check your region preference and set it to USA, then report if you have still get matched to RU servers  (with game.log attached)

attachicon.gifce3535f3943b9d4d89b8fbef5568.png

I don’t get matched lol. And I cancel every 3 minutes so i don’t get a rus server. 

attachicon.gifce3535f3943b9d4d89b8fbef5568.png

Like ArcTic said, this really doesn’t work for US players. The US playerbase is far too small to get US servers outside of US primetime (and a lot of the time, it’s pretty damn hard _ in _ US primetime).

That is the downside with only having region preference settings. But, as I’ve said numerous times before, the player base is far too small to support region selection.