Russian lag servers

Guys, could you please provide more information about this.

1)Please specify your location (city would be nice)

2)Do you choose russian server/any server/your local server?

3)Do your issues correlate with a join-in-progress thing? For example, more lags when you connected to battle which was already in progress. Please be as much detailed as possible.

Thank you and looking forward for your feedback.

To address this:

1. Closest City: Washington, DC.

2. Server Preference: USA Preferred, though I’ll choose Any Region when it isn’t USA primetime. I’m just going to end up waiting 5 minutes to get put in Any Region, so…

3. Join-In-Progress Related?  Not necessarily. Rubber-banding only seems to occur when the game adds new players while in progress. The regular ping issues seem separate from that.

Guys, could you please also test something for us.

We need to check your connection to following IP-addresses:

Use commands ‘tracert’  and ‘pathping’ on each address and provide results here.

Thank you!

And don’t forget about the post above.

Guys, could you please also test something for us.

We need to check your ping to following IP-addresses:

Use commands ‘tracert’  and ‘pathping’ on each address and provide results here.

Thank you!

And don’t forget about the post above.

http://imgur.com/a/EwzjL

1.Macedonia,Skopje

2.any region

3.only increased ping

1. Brussels, Belgium

2. Any region, (europe in primetime)

3. Europe servers were fine for me yesterday, russian server has higher average ping and i get delays when i shoot (very noticable if you use gauss), sometimes so bad i fly into things, The spawn in lag is also very enoying but it s seperate from the current lag i m experiencing. Never had this kind of problems with the russian servers some months ago.

We need more information.

Please check your connection to following IP-addresses:

Use commands ’ tracert’  and ’ pathping’ on each address and provide results here.

For this, you need to open your start menu, type ‘cmd’, and press enter.

start-menu-cmd-search.png

Then, write  492cfef5b0eab8250634b5d94480.png

you will see something like this 

18f56ec8d959a3ae28cbe1c23ae3.png

This is the information that we need. Take a screenshot.

After this, do the same with the ‘pathping’   0319eae569c1f92ca21dc0582e47.png.

Same approach with

Unfortunately without this data our hands are tied.

If you don’t want to make screenshots you can also use this:

tracert " place ip here " >> c:\tracert.txt

pathping " place ip here " >> c:\pathping.txt

It will not show the result but it will create a txt file in your main C:\ directory with all the result written inside.

exemple:

tracert 91.230.60.1 >> c:\tracert.txt                pathping 91.230.60.1 >> c:\pathping.txt
tracert 5.178.86.26 >> c:\tracert.txt                  pathping 5.178.86.26 >> c:\pathping.txt
tracert 185.106.206.13 >> c:\tracert.txt          pathping 185.106.206.13 >> c:\pathping.txt
tracert 95.213.156.197 >> c:\tracert.txt          pathping 95.213.156.197 >> c:\pathping.txt

Once you have done: zip the two files in one .zip and upload it on the forum.

IMPORTANT: _ to use this method you will need to open the prompt as administrator or it will not work _.

So when you search for cmd:
start-menu-cmd-search.png

Right-click on the cmd.exe and select “run as administrator”.

FOR THE LAZY GUYS : I’ve made a script. You can download my attached file, unzip it somewhere and right click on " tracertpathping.bat" file -> run as administrator (last part is important or it won’t work).
Leave the running window open until it have done the work (pathping takes a looong time to finish, don’t worry: leave the window opened and try to don’t use your internet meanwhile or results may be not real), then upload the 2 output files (tracert.txt and pathping.txt) from c:\ here on this topic.

[tracertpathping.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10186)

[…]

FOR THE LAZY GUYS : I’ve made a script. You can download my attached file, unzip it somewhere and right click on " tracertpathping.bat" file -> run as administrator (last part is important or it won’t work).

Leave the running window open until it have done the work (pathping takes a looong time to finish, don’t worry: leave the window opened and don’t use your internet meanwhile or results may be not real), then zip the 2 output files (tracert.txt and pathping.txt) in c:\ and upload them here.

Had to tweak the script to work for me, but here are my results:

[tracert.txt](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10191)

Ah, crap. Problem with the upload. Here are both files:

[pathping.txt](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10192)

[tracert.txt](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10194)

tracer and pathping as requested, just played on russian servers, still bad.

[tracert.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10195)

[pathping.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10199)

tracer and pathping as requested, just played on russian servers, still bad.

The pathping file is completely messed up, can’t be read like that. Did you edited it somehow?

no not that i know but i reposted, now its better

here

[pathping.txt](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10226)

[tracert.txt](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10227)

no not that i know but i reposted, now its better

Yup. Much better now.

here

Dude the pathping is incomplete. You should live it running until it’s done. Usually it will close by itself when it’s over.

Btw, those are mine.

Nearest city Neaples (south Italy)

Server preference: Any region, if i set Europe games are too small (3vs3) since they start too fast and people setted with any region will not land in the same match.

Issue: rubberbanding when someone join (almost 90% of the time), occasional pck loss on eu servers, prety much stable pck loss on Ru servers from 3% to 10% (during “prime times” the situation is worst, otherwise pck loss are from 0 to 3/5 %).

I know i have a little issue with my isp (first node), but it’s not a big deal usually (on war thunder ru servers i never have pck loss for exemple). Also i can’t change isp atm, waiting for fiber here and till then i can’t change.

[pathping.txt](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10204)

[tracert.txt](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10205)

Mine. It looks crap. But otherwise game is just fine, I dont have problems with it.

Connection wired with optical fiber-100 Mbps, router MSI RG54SE II B/G. Location S/E Europe-Romania. In game I always use Any server, so random ones, not specifically Russian server one.

So? What is the problem? Servers? My internet? 

By the way, today, servers again a bit worse, ping on russian servers is again a bit higher, now i also have lag spike and rubberbanding, same feeling as with people spawning in only no one is spawning in. This every minute. Got it on both europe and russian servers now. Was better yesterday…

So? What is the problem? Servers? My internet? 

By the way, today, servers again a bit worse, ping on russian servers is again a bit higher, now i also have lag spike and rubberbanding, same feeling as with people spawning in only no one is spawning in. This every minute. Got it on both europe and russian servers now. Was better yesterday…

I can’t tell if something can be done “server side” your problem is that “connection” between some node from your isp to russia are faulty, different isp = different international route usually.

What you could do (but it’s radical) is changing isp and search who in your country have better route to the locations you try to reach. That’s bs? Yes it is but as far i can see from your tests that’s what you could do.

But even when you change isp it’s like driving by night withouth lights, a gazillion new problem can show up.

Can the game owners do something? That’s a big “maybe”

Well that doesnt explain how everything was fine just a couple of months ago. No lag spikes, no rubberbanding, no delays,…Nothing changed at my end so something changed at the game devs end. No other explanation possible. It also doesn’t explain how a lot of people (realy a lot) are experiencing the same problems. It also doesnt explain how sometimes (possibly after patch or server reset) problems are sudenly gone for a short bit and then gradualy reappear and worsen over time. Last but not least it doesnt explain how I m able to play every single game I own without any lag, disconnects or other connection related issues. Some of these games be it from te same developer, some with servers based in Russia or at the other side of the world.

But thank you Spongejohn for looking into it. I hope the developers will also take a good look.

Per request:

Also, next time you plan on changing servers, why don’t you do what every other game that has functioning servers does and test it? Just a suggestion lol i could be wrong. 

[pathping.txt](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10215)

[tracert.txt](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10216)