Many of us are complaining about too many frigates lately, kills getting stolen because you gain much points for last hits and so on. So i sat down a while and was thinking of how to counter this and came up with a few changes that should help.
- Much less points for killing people. I´d say 25 is okay.
Why? People just waiting to get the last hit will get only a very small amount of points, not worth the wait because you can earn more points easier (more on that later).
- No more assist points.
Why? This will counter the frigs just popping their modules and doing nothing for the rest of the battle, as well as people just shooting everything to get an assist but not actually being valueble to the team at all.
But how will they gain points after this change? Just continue readin, i will get to that point.
- Every enemy is worth 100 points (+25 for the kill). 1% damage equals 1 point. An enemy regaining full hull & shield will be reset. Eg if you have an enemy down to 20% hull and 0% shield but he regains everything back to 100% will not give you more points if you kill him later.
Why? This way you can´t farm points on purpose like, let´s say, snipe him a few times, let him regain health and kill him after that to gain more points.
- Support modules with regeneration benefits (shield / hull / energy). Same calculation as damage: 1% restored gets you 1 point. If a teammate with full everything kills something, you get nothing, since you did nothing.
Why? Well, this is to encourage especially Frigate players to do more and to be more fair when it comes to the overall point distribution. While it is still possible to gain many points by this, it shouldn´t be as rewarding as before where you could just pop and camp and still be top 3 all the time.
- Other supportive buffs not only affecting yourself (eg. Valkyrie, IR flares).
Well, with things like Valkyrie, it´s pretty easy. If, let´s say you have the 15% one on and you buff 2 people (yourself + 1 other person) you get 15% of the points that other player does on the enemy. Let´s assume you don´t shoot the enemy at all and the other one kills him, the other person will get 100 (-15% Valkyrie aka 15 points) + 25 points for the kill. You will get 15 points.
With things like IR flares we have to do it differently, since there is no real “value” you have here. I´d say 5 points seems decent.
- Supportive buffs affecting only yourself stay as is, no points, since you already have the advantage of them on you.
- Debuffs should give a fix value like 10 points but only if the enemy is killed without regaining full hull/shield.
Why? To prevent people from just debuffing an enemy to gain points.
- You should be able to gain points while dead.
Why? I has happened so often to me that i engaged an enemy in a fight, almost got him and got sniped. So far, everything is fine. But now i´m dead and some random guy that just waited to get the last hit now kills that enemy and gets all points while he has done almost nothing. With this solution, this wont be the case anymore.
I hope these ideas get attention from the devs and will lead to more teamplay and less campers and killstealers.