Remove The 700 M/S Speed Limit.

Please remove the 700 ms speed limit.

There are so many modules to increase the speed. so why limit it to 700 MS…
Engine modules to improve speed, Capasitor modules to increase speed. Shield modules to increase speed, Hull modules to increase speed.

So if i use all these combinations i should be able to get more than puny 700 MS.
Or atleast remove the limit for OpenSpace or remove the limit when using the Cruise Engines with Afterburners.
Upgrading any module that gives you more speed to its max seems like a waste or recources atm.

How about a “NO!” ?

700 m/s hard cap is there for a reason, cruise engine needs a nerf, and there should be a hard cap of 180 deg/s for turn rate as well.

Open space then is just bad design overall. Rather than what we have now, jump gates should be clustered around guard stations, so that using other ships than just cruise tacklers would make sense.

+1 to something like this.

I agree that the speed cap is a bit low, but completely removing it would cause chaos. If anything, the speed caps should be different for each class of ships, like a suggestion I made a while ago:

Interceptors: 900m/s

Fighters: 700m/s

Frigates: 500m/s

Destroyers: 300m/s

How about a “NO!” ?

700 m/s hard cap is there for a reason, cruise engine needs a nerf, and there should be a hard cap of 180 deg/s for turn rate as well.

Open space then is just bad design overall. Rather than what we have now, jump gates should be clustered around guard stations, so that using other ships than just cruise tacklers would make sense.

So… explain what  the reason is, beause i dont get it.

And serously… The cruise engine needs a nerf? its like one of the worst engines in my opinion, unless you like flying in a straight line.

oh… and I can do 700 on ships without cruise engine so why not nerf every engine and modules that gives speed improvements.

Your post is void. due to lack of reasoning and constructive response.

-1, Its fine as it is, not too great and not too bad, has a major downside to a decent upside

So… explain what the reason is, beause i dont get it.

In Star Conflict speed and manouverability of a ship directly translates to greater survivability, and until the recent addition of the destroyers, interceptors have been the most survivable ship class in the game. Some of the builds are nigh unhittable with anything but beam weapons, and even those just scratch them occasionally. Increasing speed limit would mean that even more ridiculous interceptor (and cruise fighter) builds would emerge, and I want none of it.

If anything, the speed caps should be different for each class of ships, like a suggestion I made a while ago

Destroyers probably should have that limit of 300 m/s or something such in order to ever be anywhere near balanced, but there is no need to adjust hard speed caps of other ship classes.

And serously… The cruise engine needs a nerf? its like one of the worst engines in my opinion, unless you like flying in a straight line.

I rather meant that both its bonuses and maluses should be reduced by some. Other passive modules are very weak in comparison when just considering the gains in speed and module slots used.

Also, with double Vernier Engine and the turn rate implant one can have a good turn rate regardless of the Cruise Engine.

You would get 2000m/s gunships if you remove the 700m/s hard cap

Also, RIP interceptors

No.

Well we’re in spaceships; there should only be limits to acceleration and deceleration, not maximum velocity (apart from 3x10e8 m/s).

So if I use Microwarp Drive, I should have to spend the rest of the match decelerating. 

Also while we’re at it I should be able to turn my ship around and shoot in any direction while still traveling forward at the same speed.

Well we’re in spaceships; there should only be limits to acceleration and deceleration, not maximum velocity (apart from 3x10e8 m/s).

So if I use Microwarp Drive, I should have to spend the rest of the match decelerating.

Also while we’re at it I should be able to turn my ship around and shoot in any direction while still traveling forward at the same speed.

If you want fancy physics, try Star Citizen. It has that and more.

Internal dampners, duh… do you know nothing about spaceships :wink:

Yeah like the idea about going forwards backwards :stuck_out_tongue:

This is something that should have been in the options as Expert flight controls :smiley:

If you want fancy physics, try Star Citizen. It has that and more.

Sounds like a good idea. or keep an eye on Dreadnoughts for a more arcadish pvp gameplay like this.

Anyway… some of you make valid points.

But i still think that the 700 limit is still to low.

These are advanced spaceships with all sorts of wounderfull technology. and they can barly do Mach 2.

Free speed limit might be a bad idea. but 700 is to low.

i liked TheDarkRedFox idea. but would actually like to see it higher… around 1000ish.

If I’m not mistaken this has been discussed many times and devs always saying the same: the reason for the speed limit is technical, so game mechanics won’t allow higher speed.

For OS it makes sense to some degree, in PvE/PvP not really.

In Star Conflict speed and manouverability of a ship directly translates to greater survivability, and until the recent addition of the destroyers, interceptors have been the most survivable ship class in the game. Some of the builds are nigh unhittable with anything but beam weapons, and even those just scratch them occasionally. Increasing speed limit would mean that even more ridiculous interceptor (and cruise fighter) builds would emerge, and I want none of it.

Destroyers probably should have that limit of 300 m/s or something such in order to ever be anywhere near balanced, but there is no need to adjust hard speed caps of other ship classes.

I rather meant that both its bonuses and maluses should be reduced by some. Other passive modules are very weak in comparison when just considering the gains in speed and module slots used.

Also, with double Vernier Engine and the turn rate implant one can have a good turn rate regardless of the Cruise Engine.

+1 to this, if anything cruise needs a nerf, if not in speed then make it even harder to fly, coz there are to many hit & run ships out there now.

*ship moving at 1km/s flies past*

*ship barely touches some debris in space*

*ship splodes*

*ship moving at 1km/s flies past*

*ship barely touches some debris in space*

*ship splodes*

*Ship moving at 2km/s*

*Ship Microwarps*

*Ship Disappears(Becomes Sanic)*

Iirc the 700 limit was there 'cause the game engine can’t handle more than that. And when you go faster than 700, weird things starts to happens.

At least that’s the info that you can find about digging the forum.

Assuming that the server runs as 30fps.
That is 0.033333~ sec per frame. (x = 1/fps)

At 700 meter per second you are moving the ship 23.33~ meters per frame.

(700 / 30) or (700 * 0,0333333) = 23.333~ meters per frame.

Seen that you have rockets thats does well over 2000 M/s and weapons that shoot projectiles well over 3000 M/s.
How can this be a limit in the engine except the will of the developers to increase the speed.

Again assuming that the server fps is 30… i dont know what it is . might be as low as 20 for all i know.
Taken 1000 M/S as max speed. the ship would do.33.3333 meters per frame instead.
Thats like 10 Meters more per frame. I find it hard to belive the engine cant handle that.

And given that warp speeds are well over 700m/s as well and you an still get hit and bump in to things fine.

I dare you to shoot at any ship if the speed limit is lifted. Hitting 700m/s fighters is already stupid. Some ships would be even faster than missiles and projectiles.