Remove squad restrictions after 4 minutes in queue

The games are so small in t4/5 (3v3 up to about 7v7) this would be a bad idea. +1/-1 could work but removing restrictions altogether would not work. 

I agree. Removing these restrictions would only make T5 worse. Let’s face it, when would 4 randoms EVER win against a 4-man ESB squad (or any good corp)? The squad matchmaking needs to be fixed yes, but removing squad matchmaking restrictions alltogether in T5 is a horrible idea. 

I think the +1/-1 would solve most of the squad matchmaking issues in any tier, but it most definitely needs to be implemented in T5. But in all honesty, the game needs to be advertised much more. If the player base would increase, so would the number of squads (to a degree). A huge problem with squad matchmaking is a direct result of there being so few players online, thus causing the mental attitude of “I’ll never get a game in a squad”.

No point splitting the playerbase into two queues… You will just drastically increase queue times.

Nobody suggested to spilt the queues. The pro flag won’t split the queues. My idea WON’T increase the queue time drastically. 

I agree. Removing these restrictions would only make T5 worse. Let’s face it, when would 4 randoms EVER win against a 4-man ESB squad (or any good corp)? The squad matchmaking needs to be fixed yes, but removing squad matchmaking restrictions alltogether in T5 is a horrible idea. 

I think the +1/-1 would solve most of the squad matchmaking issues in any tier, but it most definitely needs to be implemented in T5. But in all honesty, the game needs to be advertised much more. If the player base would increase, so would the number of squads (to a degree). A huge problem with squad matchmaking is a direct result of there being so few players online, thus causing the mental attitude of “I’ll never get a game in a squad”.

I already made a concept to make the squads in queue visible to help on ‘I’ll never get a game attitude’. These days, we don’t get games with a 4man squad at all. Yes, we need more players, and advertisement but even if we get 100.000 new players, they will be 100.000 low level players at least for 3-6 months.

I don’t care if I face against squads with good randoms and I’d like to get games as a squad also. With my idea, you just have to leave the pro flag turned off, and you stay with the restricted more fair MM rules.

But I don’t see the point why we should keep the squad restriction anywhere. For example if we like to play BF4 with my friends, we just go to a server and play together against others. Nobody complains if we kill them as a team. 

But ok, don’t put 4 random vs. 4 squad but the 2+2 vs 4 and the 2+3 vs 4 should works at least.

Teamplay is OP!

Nerf it!

Squad = Teamplay

DO NOT ALLOW PILOTS TO SQUAD UP!!!

My point exactly tillo

Maybe sarcasm will work better.

My point exactly tillo

Maybe sarcasm will work better.

That’s not sarcasm… I’m way too stupid for that.

Squads are OP coz they can focus, get ships that match and stuff.

Squads should be nerfed coz they make it hard to play for us, solo pilots!

Squads are OP coz they can focus, get ships that match and stuff.

Squads should be nerfed(LOL) coz they make it hard to play for us, solo pilots!

Basically the train of thought of the devs (or so it seems). 

But it’s not squads, it’s teamspeak. 4 randoms on teamspeak trump a 4 man squad without more often than not. If the in game chat worked there’d be no issue.

Yeah, then ban teamspeak.

But it’s not squads, it’s teamspeak. 4 randoms on teamspeak trump a 4 man squad without more often than not. If the in game chat worked there’d be no issue.

Well it does work.  Except that all I ever hear is angry Russians.

Well it does work.  Except that all I ever hear is angry Russians.

It works… ish.

It still needs some tweaking. The largest problem with the in-game voice chat is that not everyone in the game speaks the same language, so you will rarely be able to actually communicate with people. If the player base was large enough to support people getting games in their local region every time, then the in-game voice chat would work wonderfully.

In theory yes, but I used to play on US servers on other games because European matches had French or German speaking players and no English.

My opinion: Revert squad restrictions to how they used to be, you shouldn’t be punished for wanting to play with friends socially, I think its a contributing factor to why many of my friends have quit. The queue times in a larger squad really cut down on the fun, and you seem to be waiting more then playing.

My opinion: Revert squad restrictions to how they used to be, you shouldn’t be punished for wanting to play with friends socially, I think its a contributing factor to why many of my friends have quit. The queue times in a larger squad really cut down on the fun, and you seem to be waiting more then playing.

I too support this, but it isn’t going to happen (unless the player base increases exponentially). The devs care too much about “balanced games” even though the matchmaker seems to have had the word “balance” stripped from it’s programming. 

For now, the best practical solution for squad matchmaking is +1/-1. If the player base were what it was in the few months surrounding the steam release, reverting back to no restrictions would work.

I feel like this more and more. Not being able to find games when flying with friends is really getting tiresome.

I think I can illustrate the current state with the next picture.
IMO all the development and advertisement is just wast until they don’t fix the endgame, and the squad game.
I see they really try to fill this bottle…
Yesterday I had to wait 5 min until I get a game on a US server in solo.
I would be happy if I can play on EU and fail against a hard squad with randoms than fail because of the ping and server problems in a “Fair fight”.

BTW the T3 was awesome yesterday. We get games fast and all the game was big. Unfortunately we can only get games as 3squad, the 4 squads still punished.
Screen_Shot_2015-01-13_at_13.40.36_www.k

Yeah i met you in T3. Fast game indeed :wink:

Squad restriction should be removed in all tiers in my point of view. Again, no game is restricting players working as team with vocal… Splitting the queue with a pro queue is a bad idead since the community is clearnly not big enought. If you are a casual and you see a squad rulling on the edge then squad up with any other players, create a corp, have a great experience with it. Welcome in Star Conflict.

Error you miss an important point in here. Some player will never stay in Star Conflict because of the lack of social experience if we can’t squad with 4 people. I know a lot of people who left and aren’t going to come back because of it. What’s fun in Multiplayer game as World of Tanks, War Thunder, and all the other MOBA ? The fact that you can squad / platoon with your corpmate and have fun together. People will need to find a corp to play with corpmate and at the end create a better synergy in the game what is atm missing.

The social tools should be also reworked but it’s another thread.

Splitting the queue with a pro queue is a bad idead since the community is clearnly not big enought.

And I’m so happy because nobody suggested anything like this in this thread. Otherwise I agree with you.

And I’m so happy because nobody suggested anything like this in this thread. Otherwise I agree with you.

I meant to say pro option will at some point create 2 virtual queue.