Remove Gravitational Lens from the game!

In nearly all Destroyer matches I can see immense ab/use of Gravitational Lens module. I get entangled not by one, but two or three such effects at the same time!

This module should never have been introduced in the game. Remove it , without any excuses!

If that’s not what you want, then only restrict it to Open Space and PvE  and make it a yellow GS based module , which means that it cannot be used in PvP any longer.

Yellow GS equipment ( Spatial Scanner and Extended Hull ) can still be used in PvP , PvE and Open Space , only this  module  cannot be used in PvP.

Screenshot:

kf34lz.png

Summary:

• regular yellow GS based equipment can still be used in PvP/PvE/Open Space
  • regular (soon to be) a yellow GS based module (Gravitational Lens) cannot be used in PvP, but only in PvE and Open Space

In the update 1.4.0 I hope to see:

Suggested price of Gravitational Lens module:

4500 GS

If you don’t like this option as well, then move the module to the Workshop, to be crafted exclusively there.

Existing owners of Gravitational Lens module get it for free (gets converted automatically).

Enjoy Open Space Gravitational Lens spam against the bots and players!

I am fine with it there.

Regards,

Koromac

+1

I don’t think it should be removed, however it is kind of annoying when there are lots of them as you either get sucked into a team mates’ one or you get sucked towards an enemy one. You get destroyed if you sit in it or you get destroyed if you try to escape because your ship is too slow and the destroyer will just photon torp you :wink:

-1, I believe the Gravitational Lens is quite lacking in recent patches to the point of it is just spammed simply to be a annoyance, and not a real killer of ships. Yeah its annoying to see but it really doesn’t bother most smart pilots to just simply avoid them. There is plenty of ways to counter it, lol you can take control of a black hole apparently don’t see the logic in that but it’s there. I myself am considering not using it just because it doesn’t get the job done anymore, the sad range of damage it does now to most ships is just pitiful of what it was before, like a bug more than anything to people who actually move on the battlefield. My best response is just simply watch and pay attention, like lens are practically impossible to miss being activated, they shouldn’t be a a problem of avoiding and having to sit through the tiniest bits of damage they can do. It’s a punishment for just sitting and not contributing in my sense now.

I honestly dont like the Lens,they are just plain annoyance, in Spec Ops they are causing the alien ships to scatter everywhere getting us a hard time killing them efficiently,or immobilizing a destroyer or frigate making it a easy target,either against Andromeda or the Defiler.Lets not mention that they are making a beacon cap almost impossible!Think about the Recons!

Gravi lens is perfectly fine. In not sure why you all keep complaining about it so much. If you see the purple beam or see tons of kinetic damage, simply fly a bit away and bam; you’re safe.

The gravity of it isn’t even that big of a deal. Not to mention that it doesn’t even do that much damage any more.

Gravi lens is perfectly fine. In not sure why you all keep complaining about it so much. If you see the purple beam or see tons of kinetic damage, simply fly a bit away and bam; you’re safe.

The gravity of it isn’t even that big of a deal. Not to mention that it doesn’t even do that much damage any more.

This.

Okey, so you want to make P2W by converting this mod into gs only. Pay to win against bots is still pay to win.

Stupid idea.

By the way, you forgot one thing : there is PVP in Invasion.

Just remove the 3% damage to non-destroyer.

Okey, so you want to make P2W by converting this mod into gs only. Pay to win against bots is still pay to win.

Stupid idea.

By the way, you forgot one thing : there is PVP in Invasion.

There is no P2W. You already own it, so it will be yours for free. Second option is the Workshop option, where you need to craft one.

There is no PvP in Invasion mode. Daily missions do not count towards it.

Gravi-Lens does not fit well with current existing modules.

You never talked about a craft option (unless “you don’t like the option”) only to remove the credit option and make it cost 4500 gs.

And there is PVP in Invasion.

Why do you think in the minimap some maps are marked as “PvP map”? :wink:

You can kill other player => PvP.

I’m indifferent, I don’t play t4 that much. But I think the duration should be drastically reduced. The main problem here is that, no matter how much damage it does, it still prevents the enemy team from capturing a beacon for 30 seconds. And that’s just stupid. There are  multiple solutions to this problem:

-Add friendly fire to gravy lens

-Reduce the duration to 15 seconds. 

-Just remove the damage

completely remove it from pve too. It sucks allies into clumps that swarms of enemy ai spam are pulled to. Star Conflict has become a game where open space is the only thing we can do if we’re avoiding gravitational lense.

Suggesting something like this is wrong in general,

instead suggest how to “improve” it.

Module removals will not happen like that.

For me, if we want to keep the damage, it should be something like :

Pull all the enemies in a radius of 1500m

But damage is applied only in a radius of 350m.

And the damage increase the closer to 0 the distance is (up to 10%?).

*cough*A1MA*cough*

In nearly all Destroyer matches I can see immense ab/use of Gravitational Lens module. I get entangled not by one, but two or three such effects at the same time!

This module should never have been introduced in the game. Remove it , without any excuses!

I can agree with you to a point had a team battle today where 4 were active at the one time its just a plain annoyance friend or foe it stalls the action while everyone looks for a way around/out.

I’m indifferent, I don’t play t4 that much. But I think the duration should be drastically reduced. The main problem here is that, no matter how much damage it does, it still prevents the enemy team from capturing a beacon for 30 seconds. And that’s just stupid. There are  multiple solutions to this problem:

-Add friendly fire to gravy lens

-Reduce the duration to 15 seconds. 

-Just remove the damage

Said this too about the duration, its just far too long. But adding friendly fire would be a disaster. I have no faith in random on my team abilty to use this module effectively then to be given the option of damaging me as well oh god no. It would also make the use of ecm sys hack on them pointless thus removing one option for dealing with them. I think we need more options not less.

Suggesting something like this is wrong in general,

instead suggest how to “improve” it.

Module removals will not happen like that.

Sadly this is true, they are here to stay.

The issue is not about the amount of damage done or possible counters or the fact i have to keep awareness of a single module being activated. It is the fact that it exist in its current form. A persitant fire and idgaf module that disrupts everything in the match for far too long. There a lot more camping battles taking place in T4 than ever before and this is a huge part of that. Reduced radius and/or duration would go a long way to fixing this i think.

This module needs to go the way of A1MA, and take the destroyers with it.

Don’t worry guys.

T5 destroyers are coming. Nobody will use gravi lens anymore. They’ll use the new mods because they’ll be even more powerful.

And then to counter destroyers they’ll create cruisers.

Been there, suggested it, got shot down by deves / aces who can’t play anything else. 

Destroyers are entirely broken and need to be nerfed to oblivion or removed. 

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but NuclearHail was right from the start. Destroyers do not belong is Star Conflict. 

Been there, suggested it, got shot down by deves / aces who can’t play anything else. 

Destroyers are entirely broken and need to be nerfed to oblivion or removed. 

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but NuclearHail was right from the start. Destroyers do not belong is Star Conflict. 

Goldfish, you should know of all people what a meta is. The introduction of destroyers to star conflict changed the meta forcibly by adding a massive ship capable of massive firepower, which to most players seemed fun and easy to use. The only reason this class would be “nerfed to oblivion” is if it seemed drastically overpowered and could not be defeated by the majority of players.

On the terms of the gravi-lense suggestion, I do not support this in the slightest. Making a module premium only which holds such a drastic effect upon the battle-field is the worst possible knee-jerk reaction I’ve heard of to date. One way you could make the module more… bearable, is to make it so that the damage does not cancel beacon capture, the pull changes with ship size or to have a dynamic range (potentially changing with the amount of ships under its effect). 

You should know better than to suggest something like this koro.