Covert Ops: Siły Specjalne

ECM: ECM

Gunship: Szturmowiec

Tackler: Przechwytujący

Command: Dowodzący

Engineering: Inżynier

Guard: Strażnik

Long Range: Dalekiego zasięgu

The don’t seem that long. As long as they fit the max characters size, you’re OK.

Covert Ops: Siły Specjalne

I couldn’t agree more, CovOps are silly spaceships.

I think there’s been some misunderstanding as to what I was trying to convey…

Words can have meaning beyond their literal meaning. When you say “Conquistador” to an English speaker it has its own meaning, and that meaning is not “Spanish for Conqueror”.

A better example might be if the Jericho had a ship called “Main Gauche”. That means “Left hand” in French I believe (could be wrong), but in English “Main Gauche” means a specific kind of off-hand dagger.

English is a bit odd like that really. For example, if I were to say “The current ECM lacks a certain je ne sais quoi,” then other English speakers would understand that what I’m saying. We like to steal words and terms and re-use them, apply new meaning or, if all else fails, make them up on the spot. English speakers are happy to work around the embuggerance of their language, and I suspect this is the biggest hurdle when translating.

To return to your “Conqueror / Conquistador” problem with the achievements… replace “Conqueror” with “Conquistador”, and “Conquistador” with some local term that refers to foreign soldiers, or mercenaries, or free company. Something that invokes a militaristic (and possibly a little archaic) connotation. Maybe some localisation of “Jäger”… or maybe just Jäger full stop.

Actually, I would love to have Jäger as a custom title in the English version, nevermind anyone else’s!

To return to your “Conqueror / Conquistador” problem with the achievements… replace “Conqueror” with “Conquistador”, and “Conquistador” with some local term that refers to foreign soldiers, or mercenaries, or free company.

Can’t do, since both titles are for the same kind of achievements (string line “Space Invader”), one is for Rank 1 and the other is for Rank 2. So there must be correlativity between them in order to show “progress” or something like that.

Okay… How about conqueror - warlord? That feels like it might be a natural progression.

Okay… How about conqueror - warlord? That feels like it might be a natural progression.

Also a problem due to meanings in my lenguague. Warlord is translated as “Jefe Militar/Señor de la Guerra”, something that has nothing to do with conquering :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, thank for you help and advices through this thread, it’s nice to see someone interested in helping even if the final work won’t affect them, much appreciated.

Idea from the string line itself. What about “invader” for the rank1 title and conquistador for the r2? After all, a conqueror is basically a successful invader, right?

Idea from the string line itself. What about “invader” for the rank1 title and conquistador for the r2? After all, a conqueror is basically a successful invader, right?

Nope again, because we have inconsistency in plenty of strings and command lines. There’s already an “Invader” achievement and title. But, that’s the “fun” part of being a translator (even if I am not a certificated one, lol).

I`m here.I’LL be here waiting for you forever ;)wt 

I`m here.I’LL be here waiting for you forever ;)wt 

Do you want to be a translator too? For which lenguague? By the way, you should send a PM to Error.

hope the South Asia server bring some China players back.

Thanks for Great Fire Wall, LAGGGGGGG is everywhere 

If you need english - chinese  translators,i can do it.

Do you still need translators? Because I have no answers from Error.

Do you still need translators? Because I have no answers from Error.

As far as I’m concerned, the devs needed translators for French, German and Spanish versions of the game. There’s already 2 persons working per lenguague and all the work is almost done (all versions over 80%), so if you wanted to do one of those, I guess you won’t be able. If you want to help doing another lenguague, you can always ask them if they plan to do it and offer yourself for the job.

Ok, basically he doesn’t answer because they don’t need additional translators.

Hi, there is a mistake in the German translation.

Watch this picture : w4d3.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

regards

Thank you, we will fix it.

I could do translation into Polish, but I think i’m only one active Polish person here…

Well u aren’t only one :slight_smile:

And I could join u in that task.

Glad to see :slight_smile: Pozdro

Watch this picture : w4d3.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

regards

“Wilkommen” is also wrong it should be “Willkommen” double L . Translating in German or any other language is not just translating words you also have different sentence structure and communicate in a different way in other languages. It also seems that the German SC client is/was half translated as there are still several messages in English. I think most gamers are familiar with English or at least in gaming so it shouldn’t matter that much but if you really want a German client everything has to be German not just some text here and there. 

And don’t write too much “Genlisch” that means the use of English words in German language even though there are direct translated words in German. In the text above it says “Trials” there is no German word Trials people familiar with English they know what it means but then what is the point of doing a translation. A proper translation for “trials” would be “Proben” or “Tests” .

Anyway. That text looks very poorly or in a rush translated. Before you publish any language it should be reviewed by several others to avoid  poor mistakes like these. 

“Wilkommen” is also wrong it should be “Willkommen” double L . Translating in German or any other language is not just translating words you also have different sentence structure and communicate in a different way in other languages. It also seems that the German SC client is/was half translated as there are still several messages in English. I think most gamers are familiar with English or at least in gaming so it shouldn’t matter that much but if you really want a German client everything has to be German not just some text here and there. 

And don’t write too much “Genlisch” that means the use of English words in German language even though there are direct translated words in German. In the text above it says “Trials” there is no German word Trials people familiar with English they know what it means but then what is the point of doing a translation. A proper translation for “trials” would be “Proben” or “Tests” .

Anyway. That text looks very poorly or in a rush translated. Before you publish any language it should be reviewed by several others to avoid  poor mistakes like these. 

The translation is being updated by parts, don’t ask me why, but that’s how it’s going. I believe the 2 persons in charge of the German Tranlastion have already finished their work, so maybe tomorrow the rest of the lines will be updates with the patch.

About the rest, I can’t say anything, don’t speak german myself, lol. But you can always try to point every mistake you see in order to help them improve the final work. Vecrox (German GM) is working on this, so feel free to send him a PM with your suggestions. Also Error is German, and he’s in charge of the whole Translation Team, you can write to him too.