[POLL]Remove the self-inflicting damage from Halo!

Am I the only one who is very annoyed from the self-inflicting damage from the Halo launcher?

-An example:When you are fighting a enemy at close range or hitting a wall and you are near it,you get the EM damage of the Halo blast,and it is a pain,especially in PvP,so I made this poll to try and convince the devs to remove it,they removed the Coil Mortar self-damage,why not remove the Halo too?

I dont think its necessary too make it even easier for T4 destroyers. Phaser for commands can also inflict damage on yourself. Dont see any problem with that. Coil mortar self inflicting damage was removed because in some instances it did more damage then the enemy and you would kill you own drones if firing on a close target. A destroyer with this huge amount of health should just take the damage, it is more then enough compensation for the those few times you shoot on close by targets.

Singularity Cannon also has self-damage. Try catching the ballz.

Yes,lots of health you say,but if you also hit yourself with the Photon you will also take more damage from the Halo,and such you will be draining your own shields,lets not talk about the Empire destroyers,a few shots and all of your modules are down,yes,balanced…

Yes,lots of health you say,but if you also hit yourself with the Photon you will also take more damage from the Halo,and such you will be draining your own shields,lets not talk about the Empire destroyers,a few shots and all of your modules are down,yes,balanced…

maybe a nerf to the Photon would solve this problem, you would lose less shield

Hah,these are the words of a destroyer h8r,you claim that after you would craft the r8 you woudln’t craft the r11 cause you would rather “grind” for the r14 and after they will be released you wouldn’t have enough resources for those either and then you would be like:“I never liked destroyers anyway”

Hi, there is no need to make Halo more stronger than now. It should demand some skill to use it.

Hi, there is no need to make Halo more stronger than now. It should demand some skill to use it.

Ok,you can have all the world’s skill but that wont change the fact that you deal more dmg to yourself than 3 guards and 1/2 LRF,if you want to leave it as it is,who am I to stop you?Guess ill have to play sniper all the time…

Idea: Simply remove the explosion and make the projectile deal more concentrated damage. Or up the radiation damage and make it rely on that for maximum damage. The possibilities are endless. Xp

Hah,these are the words of a destroyer h8r,you claim that after you would craft the r8 you woudln’t craft the r11 cause you would rather “grind” for the r14 and after they will be released you wouldn’t have enough resources for those either and then you would be like:“I never liked destroyers anyway”

I dont realy understand what you are trying to say here but yes I got a r8 destroyer and I will make a R11 one. If the T5 destroyer recource demands are crazy I probably wont bother making it. I dont get what this has to do with anything tho?

I used Brave almost since release, Halo definately needs a self dmg.

Tempest launcher also dmg yourself but no one is complaining about that. For Halo just don’t shoot at anything closer than 800m.

Remove self dmg from EM torps too? XD they are fine with it as they are (actually i liked when coil mortair dealt self dmg, both using it and fighting against it…it was some factor you had to take into account and not just pew pew; fighting coils required a different aproach than other weapons)

Remove self dmg from EM torps too? XD they are fine with it as they are (actually i liked when coil mortair dealt self dmg, both using it and fighting against it…it was some factor you had to take into account and not just pew pew; fighting coils required a different aproach than other weapons)

It’s the first time I read that coil doesn’t hurt yourself. Every other AoE weapon do.

Guided Torpedo, Torpedo, Missiles…

So why this weapon not???

It should be a drawback for those weapons, because can it be fair, that you are behind a frigate and they just shoot the wall facing it but doing damage to its attacker…

It’s the first time I read that coil doesn’t hurt yourself. Every other AoE weapon do.

Guided Torpedo, Torpedo, Missiles…

So why this weapon not???

It should be a drawback for those weapons, because can it be fair, that you are behind a frigate and they just shoot the wall facing it but doing damage to its attacker…

eclipse, flux phaser (cant remember others now)

maybe cause coils dps sucks hard?

eclipse, flux phaser (cant remember others now)

maybe cause coils dps sucks hard?

It’s because frig players complained about when an interceptor would orbit them and they’d shoot at a wall and hit themselves. Not that I’m complaining, it means there’s no team damage from coils, either.

It’s because frig players complained about when an interceptor would orbit them and they’d shoot at a wall and hit themselves. Not that I’m complaining, it means there’s no team damage from coils, either.

No weapon has team damage.

But if you use a guided torpedo and forgot/aren’t skilled enough and it detonated at the wall/asteroid the lrf were hiding near.

Same apply to missiles you are firing(enough times with torpedo on my guard blowing off my own shield…).

So how can it be fair to use such a ‘non-skill’ weapon while other hurt you? Make no sense. If it were and then was changed, it was a Ace-move really. -.-***

No weapon has team damage.

But if you use a guided torpedo and forgot/aren’t skilled enough and it detonated at the wall/asteroid the lrf were hiding near.

Same apply to missiles you are firing(enough times with torpedo on my guard blowing off my own shield…).

So how can it be fair to use such a ‘non-skill’ weapon while other hurt you? Make no sense. If it were and then was changed, it was a Ace-move really. -.-***

There is team damage in Dreads, only some weapons like Coils don’t do team dmg since they removed the self damage (over 1y ago)

coils arent a “non-skill weapon”, they have a big blast radious but a relatively small trigger range according to projectile speed and spread. On the other side, coils dealt much more self-dmg to the frigate than a destroyer self-firing with halos (not considering mod explotion), and clearly halos require a lot less hits to take down any ship than coils. Shooting a nearby wall to take out ceptors orbiting the destroyer is lame, the least that can happen is the destroyer recieving self fire it can perfectly tank.

coils arent a “non-skill weapon”, they have a big blast radious but a relatively small trigger range according to projectile speed and spread. On the other side, coils dealt much more self-dmg to the frigate than a destroyer self-firing with halos (not considering mod explotion), and clearly halos require a lot less hits to take down any ship than coils. Shooting a nearby wall to take out ceptors orbiting the destroyer is lame, the least that can happen is the destroyer recieving self fire it can perfectly tank.

Doesn’t matter how small the trigger range is. If you can hit easier with coil as with meson/blaster, then you have an easier weapon. Not to count the advantage of small corridor uses.

Coils deal much more self dmg? Sorry, but there you claim BS. The mechanic state the opposite of this. Or do you refer to ‘relative self dmg’? Then it may be true, but only then. Else the dmg is lower AND the mechanic in itself is against your theory.

So comparing to weapons that need to hit direct, it’s indeed non-skilled.