Pls teach me tips on how to fly ships

Even though i have 1500 skill points and stuff… Blah blah blah i still suck at this game (in my opinion) when i play t3+ i STILL sometimes come last on efficiency and each time is one too many…i feel ashamed when i come last…i feel like i wasnt useful and i didnt do much. Probably its because i play t3 AND t4 the same amount but since i spent my “credits” on 2 tiers instead of focusing on 1, most of my weapons and modules are still mk2-mk3 so thats probably why im coming last. But the ships i feel im REALLY having trouble with are:guards,ECMS,federation engies and LRFS. Im in the bottom-half of the effeincy board more than i want to, and for the ships that i didnt list, im usually in the middle which STILL isnt good enough for me. I set high goals for myself.

I hope im not asking for too much but

Pls give me tips on ships the ones that i listed above thx

Team Win > Personal Score

If my team won and you were on it, you are my hero.

Team Win > Personal Score

If my team won and you were on it, you are my hero.

What this guy says. Sometimes i have very low score, because i missed all the captures by 1 second or for whatever reasons. You have to know what you did well and what you did wrong. Eff points is just epeen, not really accurate representation of effort.

The important thing is to evaluate your actions and avoid the mistakes for next time.

/ This guy /

I’m new to this game, I reached tier 3 just recently and my stats are probably worse than yours but I’m almost always on the top 4 of the efficeny list. I’ll just pass on an advice that was given to me: Find a class you enjoy playing and focus on that(or 2, since pvp and pve is 2 different things). The rest doesn’t matter, you will get used to that class anyway and start having good efficency as long as you enjoy playing it.

Ok thx everyone :slight_smile:

guards - ask Rakza

ECMS - just derp around

federation engies - DO NOT USE IT AS CAPT, in other situations just fly with team

LRFs - Stay in 2nd line and pew pew pew with positron, coil or beams(positron best for sneaky kills) if Emp LRF you can stay 7km from main battle and use F module

Most see me fly the Inty effectively. 

For the interceptor class, its best to know how to control it really well and to be very situationally aware. Since you have the lowest survivablity, making sure you stay alive is paramount. 

Most see me fly the Inty effectively.

For the interceptor class, its best to know how to control it really well and to be very situationally aware. Since you have the lowest survivablity, making sure you stay alive is paramount.

im quite horrible at dodging projectiles when im running away

im quite horrible at dodging projectiles when im running away

Hold down shift, w, e and move mouse in random direction.

lol i know how to steer

that ony works on 500+ speed ships, on slowervone you must add strafing on top of what youve said

that ony works on 500+ speed ships, on slowervone you must add strafing on top of what youve said

i don know what keybinds you have but e is roll right?

i don know what keybinds you have but e is roll right?

Jeez Noobtrain, Yes, E and Q are rolling. 

A good pilot can use All Axis at the same time, its elementary! Its the study of Wumbo, the knowledge of it! 

Jeez Noobtrain, Yes, E and Q are rolling. 

A good pilot can use All Axis at the same time, its elementary! Its the study of Wumbo, the knowledge of it! 

if you use all axis in the same time you will just slightly moving forward, which doesn’t really help with dodging :smiley:

if you use all axis in the same time you will just slightly moving forward, which doesn’t really help with dodging :smiley:

:smiley:

Even though i have 1500 skill points and stuff… Blah blah blah i still suck at this game (in my opinion) when i play t3+ i STILL sometimes come last on efficiency and each time is one too many…i feel ashamed when i come last…i feel like i wasnt useful and i didnt do much. Probably its because i play t3 AND t4 the same amount but since i spent my “credits” on 2 tiers instead of focusing on 1, most of my weapons and modules are still mk2-mk3 so thats probably why im coming last. But the ships i feel im REALLY having trouble with are:guards,ECMS,federation engies and LRFS. Im in the bottom-half of the effeincy board more than i want to, and for the ships that i didnt list, im usually in the middle which STILL isnt good enough for me. I set high goals for myself.

I hope im not asking for too much but

Pls give me tips on ships the ones that i listed above thx

The Mk2/mk3 is not why you are last. While it important to have a good ship build it is more important to understand your ship for what it is good for, when to use it and how. 

If you queue solo you need to have a line up where you have at least one ship that is useful or you know how to use to be useful. I don’t need to be proficient in all roles like Artisan1 said. 

Fed Engie you fly different than Styx, while Styx can just be in the open and absorb a lot of damage with Fed Engie you need to use cover and stay with your team.

The advantage with the Fed Engie is that you are very mobile and can keep up with your team and change positions fast.

The Fed Engie is not really a frigate it is more like a Fighter in regards to mobility and survive-ability.

ECM is a disabler that means you disable the enemy ship ability to do stuff but you can deal only limited damage and it is best if at least one other pilot of your team is around to deal damage to the same ship you are attacking.

Find the weapon that works best for you and the ships fit. Important, try out other weapons even if you suck at them at first. You may like them! I use Positrons on my Fed Engie (that doesn’t mean you have to use the same weapon and this is not necessarily the best weapon for that ship). 

Bind “Turn left/up/right” as z x c. This allow you to tactical turning while firing target at extreme arcs, enough to be called aimbot/hax. Free aim ftw.

Hmm… For fed CO ask me, i always play with it, ~1875SR, 90% of the battle’s 1st with efficiency points, but the matchmaking hates me… Win ratio 0.88

Is there one for a squad? :taunt:

Bind “Turn left/up/right” as z x c. This allow you to tactical turning while firing target at extreme arcs, enough to be called aimbot/hax. Free aim ftw.

This is actually good advice!