Pirate items

so my suggestion revolves around reworking how pirate modules are acquired, with the new OS system these items could be randomly found from pirates, already existent pirate modules would be found like this instead, all pirate modules and weapons would appear as red

 

a few new pirate items would be

 

-Pirate assault rail gun

50% slower fire rate, 10% lower accuracy, 20% longer heat, 100% more damage, rounds are explosive and affected by damage modifiers

 

-Pirate beam cannon

has a weak energy burn effect, as well as a 25% boost to heat duration, has a 30% lower damage however, tactical power over firepower

 

-Pirate plasma gun

plasma gun with no accuracy boost under sustained fire, ramps up fire rate instead

 

-Pirate “Crusher”

powerful fully automatic kinetic shotgun for frigates, unlimited heating, weapon deals large amounts of damage, however the weapon has a short range (2km or something)

 

-Pirate M.A.C.

destroyer active module, fires a projectile dealing significant damage (5k kinetic, projectile has a 5km movement speed and no ballistics tracker, making it quite hard to hit a moving target), has a range of 10km and a cool down of 16 seconds (subject to change)

 

-Pirate “Dragoon” system

CPU modifier increasing weapon damage by 10% and critical damage by 5%, reduces weapon range by 10%

 

-Pirate reinforced hull plates

hull mod, boosts hull strength by 20%, also blocks 30% of critical and explosive damage, reduces ship speed by 5.6%

 

-Pirate flares

active module, on activation breaks all missile locks to the ship with a 50% chance of success each, contains 3 charges recovering one every 10 seconds, 1 second delay between charge usage. redirected missiles target enemies

 

-Pirate engine refit

boosts afterburner energy efficiency by 10%, as well as boosting acceleration by 5%, reduces speed by 1%

 

-Pirate “Chimera”

interceptor weapon, fires EM missiles that home in on targets, missiles are slow and easy to evade however

 

-Pirate “Stoker”

fires a powerful thermal orbs (1 per second, fires in a fashion like that of the singularity cannon), orbs detonate on contact with surfaces creating radioactive clouds

 

-Pirate antivirus software

CPU mod, automatically disables controlling effects when they are applied, drains 25% of ship energy to disable a controlling effect, can only activate once every 10 seconds, disables one effect per activation

 

-Pirate weapon mod

capacitor mod, upon firing primary weapon the damage of the shot is boosted by 15%, activates once every 5 seconds, reduces capacitor volume by 10%

 

-Pirate overclocked shields

shield mod, boosts all shield resistances by 30 points, reduces capacitor volume by 12% (this should probably just be a shield mod)

 

-Pirate bomb rack

interceptor-specific module, on activation drops a bomb which detonates after 15 seconds, bomb deals light EM damage and scrambles the radars of all targets within a large radius

 

-Pirate emergency shield repair kit

guard active module, repairs a massive burst of shield on activation, no additional effects, costs a large amount of energy and has a long cooldown

 

-Pirate targeting overload

fighter active module, increases range, damage, and projectile velocity for a few seconds, a useful module for burst damage

 

more suggestions are to come,

I love it all.

 

Pirate crusher sounds like what the hijacked cyber frigates in T5 Adrian’s Thread use. Insta-kill if caught off guard.

41 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Pirate crusher sounds like what the hijacked cyber frigates in T5 Adrian’s Thread use. Insta-kill if caught off guard.

i hope it’s not that ridiculous, i’m thinking more heavy blaster dps, with less range, plus the fact that it can keep firing indefinitely, overall it would be effective against other frigates, too inaccurate and short range to fight smaller, faster targets though

Love the suggestion … pirate modules to me have 1 of 2 things making them different than their counterpart … 1) higher output and longer cool down / shorter active time … 2) lower output and shorter cool down / longer active time …

 

-Pirate assault rail gun

heat rate reduced by 50% , cool down increased by 50% , 100% more damage, rounds are explosive to 100 m and affected by damage modifiers

 

Etc…Etc…Etc… this could actually happen … Pirate modules are a give and take thing  , you loose as much as you gain , but in the right hands , and in the right circumstances , they are awesome

I want a rail with max projectile speed and damage, but super low RoF so I can demolish things like I’m firing a hecking canon.

nice ideas

Pirate flares should totally use that 50% to redirect a missile to a random enemy in 3km or something.

16 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Pirate flares should totally use that 50% to redirect a missile to a random enemy in 3km or something.

I was considering it, the problem is that it is kind of an NY18 thing now, leave it up to the devs I guess, anyone with any ideas please post a suggestion

4 minutes ago, evo888 said:

I was considering it, the problem is that it is kind of an NY18 thing now, leave it up to the devs I guess, anyone with any ideas please post a suggestion

It was literally a suggestion of mine from ages ago. Way before NY18. Titled “Pirate IR Flares”

25 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

It was literally a suggestion of mine from ages ago. Way before NY18. Titled “Pirate IR Flares”

fine, I changed it

*added some new stuff*

Cool and good.

On 17.1.2018 at 7:42 PM, evo888 said:

-Pirate “Crusher”

powerful fully automatic kinetic shotgun for frigates, unlimited heating, weapon deals large amounts of damage, however the weapon has a short range (2km or something)

Broken in t3

 

On 17.1.2018 at 7:42 PM, evo888 said:

-Pirate “Dragoon” system

CPU modifier increasing weapon damage by 10% and critical damage by 5%, reduces weapon range by 10%

Oh god… when dogfight is meta i see this thing getting a lot of love

 

On 17.1.2018 at 7:42 PM, evo888 said:

-Pirate flares

on activation breaks all missile locks to the ship with a 50% chance of success each, contains 3 charges recovering one every 10 seconds, 1 second delay between charge usage. redirected missiles target enemies

Tai’kins will love this item

 

On 17.1.2018 at 7:42 PM, evo888 said:

-Pirate “Chimera”

interceptor weapon, fires EM missiles that home in on targets, missiles are slow and easy to evade however

Pls no more of those.

 

On 17.1.2018 at 7:42 PM, evo888 said:

-Pirate antivirus software

CPU mod, automatically disables controlling effects when they are applied, drains 25% of ship energy to disable a controlling effect, can only activate once every 10 seconds, disables one effect per activation

Bye bye ECM, was nice knowing you…

 

On 17.1.2018 at 7:42 PM, evo888 said:

-Pirate weapon mod

upon firing primary weapon the damage of the shot is boosted by 15%, activates once every 5 seconds, reduces capacitor volume by 10%

I can only see this being used on gauss/positron builds

 

But overall: that’s a nice fresh load of modules, they are intuitive and probably fun to play.

On 18.1.2018 at 1:07 AM, TheDarkRedFox said:

I want a rail with max projectile speed and damage, but super low RoF so I can demolish things like I’m firing a hecking canon.

Use thermal energy burner, before it was nerfed.

You guys should focus on trying to get better while using existing stuff, instead of trying to come up with tools to compensate your capabilities lackings. 

1 hour ago, xKostyan said:

You guys should focus on trying to get better while using existing stuff, instead of trying to come up with tools to compensate your capabilities lackings. 

Are you serious about that? Those modules are not “compensating” anything. They all have their individual strenghts and weaknesses like any existing items. I don’t get if you are just trying to upset people or if talking like that is your nature, but you need to turn it down a notch. You might end up hurting someone. (Not me i am already dead on the inside.)

 

Just admit that these are creative and neat ideas for once. You don’t have to like them

yes, i find it’s a nice idea, all news ideas are good about OS, we need !

I would like it, if these new ‘Pirate’ weapons would only be buyable in a certain pirate-station deep in the galaxy, with dockable hangar.

Or that they might have a pirate-module forge where you put in credits and your standard version of a module and get a ‘tweaked’ modified ‘pirate’ version of that module back, like a tuning workshop of sorts…

2 hours ago, avarshina said:

I would like it, if these new ‘Pirate’ weapons would only be buyable in a certain pirate-station deep in the galaxy, with dockable hangar.

Or that they might have a pirate-module forge where you put in credits and your standard version of a module and get a ‘tweaked’ modified ‘pirate’ version of that module back, like a tuning workshop of sorts…

i imagine they would be bought in a pirate black market, or found in crates

I meant - that a pilot docks at the pirate-station hidden in outer space at an secret place only accessiblke after some mission or reputation change - and then one could alter one’s standard modules in an anvil:

anvil.jpg.1b8a834ab13baba2ae0bd20c832dd64b.jpg