Nukes

Guided hydrogen bombs?

Id say mayb even 5 charges in a cartridge because if u can see the red light and beeping, u have more than enugh time to fly 1000 m away from it 10 seconds… Well unless u hide it beside the beacon where no one can see it

Do not get me wrong. I am all for buff on nuke, BUT

It is not really realistic to have 1 tiny interceptor with 3 nukes on board.

Sure, 12 or 8 missiles, 3 mines that explode on impact… and have more damage than the nuke ?!

3 mines x 10K = 30K damage.
Maybe 2 nukes x 15 will do ? And less primer timer. Maybe 6 ?

The damage now, considering cartridge amount and 10 sec primer time is just laughable.

XBLja.jpg

Another way to think about is is 20-25K damage with manual trigger. With minimum delay, ofcourse. Like LRF have manual trigger, but only one in cartridge and 1 sec delay ?

Somewhat the effect of the singularity bomb guards have. With 1 sec delay after activation and constant beep sound to alert people. We do not want a CO lay a nuke on next beacon and then just camp with his right click, right ?

Although it will really make distinct role of real covert ops, not just the heavy hitter of the interceptors. I will not open the topic of the 3 roles here.

Some people read what they want to read.

Tactical Nuke real dammages = 8710 (detonation) + 13070 (300m Radius in 10 seconds). Total 21780 dammages

Proximity mine = 10888 (Detonation in a 195m radius)

For the Anomaly Generator on Guard, if you or your target move, the charge is depleted and not a single dammage is dealt. And 1.3 seconde is enough to hard punish a bad positionned guard.

Some people read what they want to read.

Tactical Nuke real dammages = 8710 (detonation) + 13070 (300m Radius in 10 seconds). Total 21780 dammages

Proximity mine = 10888 (Detonation in a 195m radius)

For the Anomaly Generator on Guard, if you or your target move, the charge is depleted and not a single dammage is dealt. And 1.3 seconde is enough to hard punish a bad positionned guard.

seriously? Who sits in the middle of a radioactive cloud and doesn move?

seriously? Who sits in the middle of a radioactive cloud and doesn move?

Somebody controlled by an ECM/Tackler/Guard, or Somebody who didn’t pay attention or engaged in a dogfight?

The Term “Tactical is here for a Good Reason”.

If you throw it directly on the target, it will hear the “BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP” of the Nuke and move away, but if you are smart, you will drop it 5-6 seconds before the ennemy reach the location and if it doesn’t pay attention it will have do deal with the detonation and a part of the AOE

Secondly, the Nuke can be also use to deny a zone.

If you only use missiles with special effect with the only goal to kill peoples, you loose all the Tactical and Strategic interrest.

Somebody controlled by an ECM/Tackler/Guard, or Somebody who didn’t pay attention or engaged in a dogfight?

The Term “Tactical is here for a Good Reason”.

If you throw it directly on the target, it will hear the “BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP” of the Nuke and move away, but if you are smart, you will drop it 5-6 seconds before the ennemy reach the location and if it doesn’t pay attention it will have do deal with the detonation and a part of the AOE

Secondly, the Nuke can be also use to deny a zone.

If you only use missiles with special effect with the only goal to kill peoples, you loose all the Tactical and Strategic interrest.

it doesn’t make nukes any better, area denial is extremely small, so in fact you can not “deny” any position with it, you can not keep people disabled within the field for a long time, because it takes so much effort you would’ve already killed the target with something else by then.

it doesn’t make nukes any better, area denial is extremely small, so in fact you can not “deny” any position with it, you can not keep people disabled within the field for a long time, because it takes so much effort you would’ve already killed the target with something else by then.

You know as well as me what will happen if we have an ‘UP’ on the Nuke.

And I don’t want to come back in this infernal Circle.

Rakza do not like nukes, let’s keep them useless.

300m area denial, when you capture a beacon from 700 ?

If the area denial was 1000 as it is its blast I am fine with no change in any other way.

For 10 seconds you chose if you can tank the damage per second or stay away and wait. 

I just had a match where there was 2 Jericho LRF clouds and 1 self destructed CO around the beacon And even after our dumb LRF exploded another one I still managed to dodge the clouds, enemy fire and capture the beacon. On a fighter ! Imagine interceptor. 

Just put 2-3 nukes in te cartridge :smiley: I don’t find it that op.

Just put 2-3 nukes in te cartridge :smiley: I don’t find it that op.

give them the recharge of the octopus and i think this would be optimal.

If you die from a nuke you deserved it imo.   They’re so easy to avoid it’s not even funny.

They’re so rare you don’t have to worry about them.

If the nuke leaves 1000m cloud for 10 seconds, maybe with reduced damage it will act like a static pulsar defending a beacon or station in detonation. Or even deny repair in beacon capture. 
And since the damage may be friendly too it denies the beacon entirely. Example beacon hunt : Nuke = neither team can cap it for 10 sec after the detonation.

I do not know, but it looks nice in my head.

Anyway the range of the cloud have to be > beacon capture range, so if you plant next to beacon you can deny.

Also 1 per cartridge will not make it OP. In beacon hunt you can use it maximum twice for denial unless you have 2+ CO equipped. In tier up to 4 that is.

I vote to have 3 nukes in a cartridge instead of 1 as we have now. That is all. 

With huge cooldown like the full reload of missiles, and we are talking. That way you can hurry it with implant, but generally you will have to wait.

NO just plain NO     1 in a Cartrige is enough ALREADY   

Nukes are just terrible to begin with.  Why not just change that weapon entirely?  A bit extreme, but it seems to be a pretty broken and abused part of the game in some cases.  What might work that wouldn’t be overpowered or underpowered?

I used to be two, even after the radiation nerf.  When was there a stealth nerf?!?!?!

I used to be two, even after the radiation nerf. When was there a stealth nerf?!?!?!

You know, i dont know when that happened… Whatever, nukes suck, need to be better. HOWEVER, at least nuke users on your team arent as bad as a nawb spamming tackler slow missiles.