Nerf Skrah launcher

It’s too strong. Like a heavy blaster with no spread, on an interceptor. Even more broken on ECMs, as seems to be the new fashion.

Your statistics must surely show that EVERY SINGLE INTERCEPTOR is using it now?

Please don’t just launch a weapon and then never balance it… You have to keep an eye on these things…

1 hour ago, millanbel said:

Your statistics must surely show that EVERY SINGLE INTERCEPTOR is using it now?

Surely this is an exaggeration.

2 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Surely this is an exaggeration.

Yes. But not by much. Maybe a quarter of ECMs use the kinetic supercharger instead, and a quarter of cov ops use the red explosive gun (in t3). And you still get the odd plasma guns from newer players since that’s what they get used to first in lower tiers.

benefits of every one using same gun - you can boost your resist to that type

11 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

benefits of every one using same gun - you can boost your resist to that type

That’s besides the point…

which is?

That everyone is using it and that should not be the case

Every thing new is “everyone is using it and that is should not be the case” that is called human nature.

It’s not really new anymore… I’m sick of stuff being introduced and then left as such, not looked at again.

Or you can start from providing constructive points on why it should be nerfed, and personal feelings aren’t really that great as data.

The cooling time/overheat is decent.

The range is good.

The damage is good.

The spread is low.

You deal even damage close to obstacles.

2 minutes ago, Lord_Xenon said:

The cooling time/overheat is decent.

The range is good.

The damage is good.

The spread is low.

You deal even damage close to obstacles.

what is decent, what is good, what is low? Everything is relative, you wanna prove a point be so kind and provide some ground.

We can’t do that. Which is why I asked the devs to check their stats. That’s what they base all their other balancing off, after all.

As you say, all I can give is my personal feeling that it hits like a heavy blaster, even to high kinetic resist shields. And also my personal experience that I see a lot of people using it, which either means 

a) hype because it’s still fairly new (but I doubt this is the reason)

b) it’s easy to aim with

c) it’s too strong

10 minutes ago, millanbel said:

We can’t do that.

Go to options, enable detailed statistics for modules. Then apply basic math.

Just now, xKostyan said:

Go to options, enable detailed statistics for modules. Then apply basic math.

Damage depends on so many things though. Overheating, cooldown time, crit mods, how easy the weapon is to aim, target resists, target implants… There’s no way “basic math” can see which weapon is better.

16 minutes ago, millanbel said:

There’s no way “basic math” can see which weapon is better.

And the gut feeling of a gauss tackler pilot that refuse to equip proton wall, when “there are so many ECMs”, can?

1 hour ago, xKostyan said:

And the gut feeling of a gauss tackler pilot that refuse to equip proton wall, when “there are so many ECMs”, can?

I also fly inties you know. And yes, gut feeling can see. I SEE skrah doing a lot more incoming damage to me than say plasma gun, whether it is on my tackler or my engineer or my command. And that is with similar EM and kinetic resists because I usually plug the hull’s kinetic hole. I also can SEE skrah cannon ceptors staying further away from me that a pulse laser ceptor, while still seeing the same amount of damage incoming.

Also please don’t mix up threads. On this thread I am not talking from a tackler’s point of view, but rather a general ship point of view. Skrah rips through an anaconda just as much as a hyena

You have not had Supernova rfb tearing your stitz apart, have you Skrah is nothing comparing to it.

Skrah does more dmg than a PP in short period of time, but pp does more prolonged dmg and can be boosted further with supernovas. That is a basic math that people learn in elementary school.

Skrah has terible base dmg, its all about crit and crit dmg and its cooling cycle is quite long if its not ECM, even on ECM its 25% of a cycle that you cant shoot, shared coolers kill your manuverability making you that much easier target.

Atleast in t5 yhere are ways to make glass cannons and boost its dmg considerably, but thats the same for all gunz, but complaining about it being so OP in T3 is really border line a “git gud” case.

For once kosty has a valid point. Even if it is used by everyone and has slight advantages in some areas, all of this can easily be countered by resists or careful positioning.