More NEW sounds in Open Space

I am bored with the same words the pirates say in Open Space. The say the same words every time they want to attack me. Also, they seem to have about 3 set phrases: ‘we’ve got a new hero’, and a couple more.
SUGGESTION: to make the gameplay more exiting, add more speeches. You can simply hire a native speaker to read 15 new phrases. Then, implement them in the game; update it.

 

Hi, I’ve moved your Topic to Suggestions Section

Say goodbye to your rusty ship merc!

Ah haa fresh meat!

Looks like we got ourselves a Hero over here, waste him!

You shouldn’t have come here mercenary

 

 

On 25/06/2016 at 4:12 AM, RennieAshII said:

rusty ship

fresh meat!

a Hero

You shouldn’t

 

Just FOUR??? ![:005:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005.png “:005:”)

I though this is a modern game with more sounds.

PS Thanks for quoting them.

Those are the ones I remember - there may be another but there aren’t too many.

Personally I think there are not enough voice actors for this game - there is “Our Beacon has been captured!” woman and “AT AAAAALLL CCOOOOSSSSTS!” guy who is probably the same guy as “Beacon B has no defender drones, Get There and Defend It NOW!”

I think there’s two male voice actors – the “AT ALL COSTS” guy, and the “I’m attacking C [giant pause] beacon!” guy. Not entirely sure they’re different people, though. The game probably could use a couple more voice lines. The PVE ones are particularly hilarious ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

Flying in Open Space could become touching with more new voices. I wish some fear generator made AI pirates utter many other emotional responces; at least pre-recorded.

Well, for now we have no plans to record more voices or sounds for the game.

On June 30, 2016 at 3:40 AM, CinnamonFake said:

Well, for now we have no plans to record more voices or sounds for the game.

Then make plans??? It’s not that hard. Xp

On 30/06/2016 at 11:40 AM, CinnamonFake said:

Well, for now we have no plans to record more voices or sounds for the game.

I cannot give you thumbs up. Your reply disappointed me. it’s not just the voices! Just add a dozen new recordings, new sounds. This will make the game entertaining, and it will not cost plenty of money. This will not crash the economy of the game, and it does not consume active resourses like RAM or CPU. You can find native speakers on freelancer sites and pay them 10 dollars for each recording. All the update would take some 150 dollars. Why not include it into your plans? Don’t let down your - still - fans. You must have a lot of donations from us players.

Yeah sure because new dialogues will suddenly change the dynamic of open space and make it interesting…

On 04/07/2016 at 1:23 AM, _terrorblade said:

Yeah sure because new dialogues will suddenly change the dynamic of open space and make it interesting…

and just 15 more sounds to make the gameplay exiting again. This would be enough for a month.

I assume you didn’t realize that was sarcasm.

On 7/3/2016 at 6:23 PM, _terrorblade said:

Yeah sure because new dialogues will suddenly change the dynamic of open space and make it interesting…

5 hours ago, inyazserg said:

and just 15 more sounds to make the gameplay exiting again. This would be enough for a month.

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i think we found out Sheldon is playing SC. …And for a MONTH? A MONTH??? if you are playing SC for the voices, you made a colossal mistake. BTW, if you had any idea of what it takes to record a simple song, you wouldnt be saying this.

On 01.07.2016 at 10:33 PM, TheDarkRedFox said:

Then make plans??? It’s not that hard. Xp

If it will be free of charge, than maybe. But we’re focusing on the gameplay first)

4 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

If it will be free of charge, than maybe. But we’re focusing on the gameplay first)

Well here, you can make a fun event out of it for the staff! ^^

You all could get set up temporarily with a good microphone and record a few lines that you want in the game, and submit them to be judged for placement in the game!

You could take bets on whose gets in and maybe even set up some rewards. ;3

 

This way, the producer doesn’t have to pay for voice actors, and more content is made at the same time~

(That and the devs/staff get their voice in the game!!)

 

 

I especially want your voice in the game!!! X3

19 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Well here, you can make a fun event out of it for the staff! ^^

You all could get set up temporarily with a good microphone and record a few lines that you want in the game, and submit them to be judged for placement in the game!

You could take bets on whose gets in and maybe even set up some rewards. ;3

 

This way, the producer doesn’t have to pay for voice actors, and more content is made at the same time~

(That and the devs/staff get their voice in the game!!)

I especially want your voice in the game!!! X3

You’re right) But if we do voice stuff, that means something important may not get the right attention

It would of course be a side-project amongst the staff, but it would be very nice.

On 06/07/2016 at 10:20 AM, CinnamonFake said:

If it will be free of charge, than maybe.

Good idea. Save money and make the Open Space intriguing. There are two big official groups in social nets: on Facebook, and Vkontakte. How about getting in touch with their moderators? They need new ideas for their walls. Why not start a competition with the users sending you their recorded speeches?

Stage 1: start a competition in community (FB and VK).
a) give clear rules (no swearing, no strong accent, no adult topics).
b) give the deadline.
c) format (f.e. WAV, FLAC, APE or just mp.3 for pre-listening).

Stage 2: let the community choose the best variants.

Stage 3: update the Open Space sound data-base.

Stage 4: update the game.

Stage 5: write this news on the main page of the launcher: “Open Space sound update: We updated the Open Space with some new sounds!”

PS Today I saw the game got some better-looking icons and I liked it. Don’t let this game be liked by just some people. Let it be better for those who LISTEN to the sound in games.

3 minutes ago, inyazserg said:

Good idea. Save money and make the Open Space intriguing. There are two big official groups in social nets: on Facebook, and Vkontakte. How about getting in touch with their moderators? They need new ideas for their walls. Why not start a competition with the users sending you their recorded speeches?

Stage 1: start a competition in community (FB and VK).
a) give clear rules (no swearing, no strong accent, no adult topics).
b) give the deadline.
c) format (f.e. WAV, FLAC, APE or just mp.3 for pre-listening).

Stage 2: let the community choose the best variants.

Stage 3: update the Open Space sound data-base.

Stage 4: update the game.

Stage 5: write this news on the main page of the launcher: “Open Space sound update: We updated the Open Space with some new sounds!”

PS Today I saw the game got some better-looking icons and I liked it. Don’t let this game be liked by just some people. Let it be better for those who LISTEN to the sound in games.

Cinnamon Bun you’ve found our next big contest! There should be max of three-five short phrases or threats per applicant. And just standard rewards like a few score thousand GS.

 

I I really hope AdamWest joins the competition. X3