"Kidnap" Crystal

4 hours ago, MightyHoot said:

They never been.

and talkin is just broken.

Why would you take a recon, when you can take an Enhanced scanner and Phase Suppressor / Peregrine special ? 

2 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Why would you take a recon, when you can take an Enhanced scanner and Phase Suppressor / Peregrine special ? 

> Implying ppl have craftable ships

37 minutes ago, MightyHoot said:

> Implying ppl have craftable ships

Phase suppressor isn’t for craftable ships. 

Neither is Enhanced scanner. 

Recons were a good pick when most of the game modes were about beacons, and Spy drone was the only way to reduce healings. 

But now, games are mostly team battles (including survival) or domination ; where there are far better options. 

And there’s now a gun available to all inties that debuff heals, which even has a good DPS. 

Even funnier, all ellydium ships are immuned to healing debuff due to their default 50% malus. 

Recons need a rework. IMO their situation is even worse then what guards were before their update. 

With the kidnapp crystal you can literally teleport ANYWHERE on the map. I think the full abusing potential of that module has not even been used. On top of that, you teleport with stuff around your ship, which is now total bs. 

52 minutes ago, QACinnamonTroll said:

With the kidnapp crystal you can literally teleport ANYWHERE on the map. I think the full abusing potential of that module has not even been used. On top of that, you teleport with stuff around your ship, which is now total bs. 

No. 

It lets you RETURN to location from anywhere on the map and at the condition that you’ve not been disabled or beacon destroyed in between. 

It’s totally different.

And once you’ve placed your return point somewhere, you can’t change its location. 

Either wait 90 seconds without heal, or warp somewhere you don’t want to and loose effectiveness. 

Once again, between jump crystal and return crystal, if you remove the steal ability then there’s absolutely no comparison between them. 

Don’t forget that with jump crystal you can jump up to 16km, and change direction between two jump. 

You can without problem do a U 

Going everywhere on the map is a piece of cake. 

19 hours ago, Spongejohn said:

Don’t argue anymore.

I think giving orders to other players its the worst thing you can do…

15 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

Recons need a rework.

I agree 100%!

Anyone know whats the minimum range to which taikin must fly to enemy to be able to kidnap? Someone told me it is 200m, but I dont think it is actually a real range.

1 hour ago, specopsbarton said:

Anyone know whats the minimum range to which taikin must fly to enemy to be able to kidnap? Someone told me it is 200m, but I dont think it is actually a real range.

200m radius.

100% sure of it

1 hour ago, specopsbarton said:

I think giving orders to other players its the worst thing you can do…

I’m not giving any order. It was an advice. 

If you don’t know the difference maybe you need to work on your text comprehension skills.

2 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

No. 

It lets you RETURN to location from anywhere on the map and at the condition that you’ve not been disabled or beacon destroyed in between. 

It’s totally different.

And once you’ve placed your return point somewhere, you can’t change its location. 

Either wait 90 seconds without heal, or warp somewhere you don’t want to and loose effectiveness. 

Once again, between jump crystal and return crystal, if you remove the steal ability then there’s absolutely no comparison between them. 

Don’t forget that with jump crystal you can jump up to 16km, and change direction between two jump. 

You can without problem do a U 

Going everywhere on the map is a piece of cake. 

Oh No! If we remove broken module effect everyone with broken ship will have to use the other broken special which is even more broken. That cannot happen!

Just now, MightyHoot said:

Oh No! If we remove broken module effect everyone with broken ship will have to use the other broken special which is even more broken. That cannot happen!

Not saying that it’s not broken. I’m just saying that if we remove it, nobody will use it anymore. Which as sad a being broken. 

16 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Not saying that it’s not broken. I’m just saying that if we remove it, nobody will use it anymore. Which as sad a being broken. 

So what? One less broken feature is +1 for me ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

2 hours ago, Spongejohn said:

I’m not giving any order. It was an advice.

Yeah right…cat just spill milk and said it was not me lol

2 hours ago, Spongejohn said:

If you don’t know the difference maybe you need to work on your text comprehension skills.

I know the difference. No “Please” word before “Don’t argue anymore.” means only one thing.

1 hour ago, MightyHoot said:

So what? One less broken feature is +1 for me ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

Instead of plainly removing a cool feature due to being broken, you can balance it.

The goal of ellydium ships is a vast ammount of possibilities available. If there’s only one special that dominate all choices, then what’s the point ?

What about return crystal having no activation time when nobody is around, with no blind.

And when there’s somebody within 200m range at the activation, there’s 3 seconds activation time + blind, and you have to stay the whole 3 seconds within 200m or it gets canceled ?

20 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Instead of plainly removing a cool feature due to being broken, you can balance it.

You can’t balance that… Make crystal cloaked, reduce its CD then remove kidnapping enemy ships. Teleporting allies can stay, maybe even with increase range. Imagine this, you go cloaked behind enemy lines, xxxx a crystal, swirl around with that OP hologram back to team then ususpiciously teleport a strike team for pincer attack. That would be much better than stealing single ship to your team just making 99% of your team wait and do nothing.

Or maybe even rework it entirely. Press once to drop a crystal. Press again to drop another crystal, then tunnel is created, allowing you and your allies to teleport from one crystal to another until one of entries got destroyed.

23 minutes ago, Rob40468 said:

Press once to drop a crystal. Press again to drop another crystal, then tunnel is created, allowing you and your allies to teleport from one crystal to another until one of entries got destroyed.

This looks interesting! It allows for back attacks at enemy, and also retreat for team if needed.

4 minutes ago, specopsbarton said:

This looks interesting! It allows for back attacks at enemy, and also retreat for team if needed.

I like it! +1

Also if timed right and enemy ship starts flying toward it and ecm disable the ship making it fly into the tunnel then said enemy is screwed ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Spoiler

My +1’s are meaningless by the way ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

58 minutes ago, Rob40468 said:

You can’t balance that… Make crystal cloaked, reduce its CD then remove kidnapping enemy ships. Teleporting allies can stay, maybe even with increase range. Imagine this, you go cloaked behind enemy lines, xxxx a crystal, swirl around with that OP hologram back to team then ususpiciously teleport a strike team for pincer attack. That would be much better than stealing single ship to your team just making 99% of your team wait and do nothing.

Well, cloaked crystal + warping allies, maybe. May be OP for squads if the crystal is cloaked.

Reducing CD won’t have any effect. There’s close to no CD on the module already. 

1 hour ago, Rob40468 said:

Or maybe even rework it entirely. Press once to drop a crystal. Press again to drop another crystal, then tunnel is created, allowing you and your allies to teleport from one crystal to another until one of entries got destroyed.

Sounds cool. But it’s totally different.

I think that what they wanted to do with Return Crystal is something similar to LeBlanc from LOL. Considering that Tai Kin also has a Clone ability we could get something pretty close.

Return Crystal

Radius of the returned area reduced to 150 m.
Preparation time increased by 0.5 seconds.

Still not a big changes, its very easy even for me newbe fighter player to capture enemy…

Just now, specopsbarton said:

Return Crystal

Radius of the returned area reduced to 150 m.
Preparation time increased by 0.5 seconds.

Still not a big changes, its very easy even for me newbe fighter player to capture enemy…

“not a big change”

That’s a 25% radius nerf. It’s not a small value at all.

If a fighter gets warped away, he’s doing something wrong.

3 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

That’s a 25% radius nerf. It’s not a small value at all.

Seriously I think you dont understand why kidnap crystal is broken - if me, a player who dont play good small ships can easy kidnap enemy, then imagine what skilled can do…50m less its too small change, to help frigates/destroyers defend against it since taikin can be invisible almost all the time…

3 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

If a fighter gets warped away, he’s doing something wrong.

We talk about frigates/destroyers being kidnaped not fighters, since small fast ships can very easy avoid it.