JP's gears are grinding.

And NASA jumped all over DYN’s case because we liked T2 better…

Not that I’m bitter or anything, just pointing out some double-standards.

Now go play T5 with the big boys and stop zerging T3.

My personal opinion:

While JPhack indeed mentioned staying in T3 purely for fun, one detail is, that after this synergy change, people are _ forced _ to play low levels, if they didn’t happen to open up all ship trees when pre-0.9.

Secondly, I also think that people should be allowed to play the tiers they want to, as long as the motivation, reason behind is legit.

Back in the days, there was some suspicion that the T2 farming was related to the Sector Conquest. But that was actually problem of the game design. f there really is corporation content (like sector conquest), it should be  balanced so, that there is no reason for coprs to fam lower tiers for that purpose. I think the Sector Conquest was changed a bit at some point, that the tier where you fight affects how much you gain points? (Or has it been fixed? If not, it is still broken).

So when discussing these, note also that motivations and reasons might be different (for both playing lower tier or blaming someone for playing lower tier), and situations might have been different (game has changed between patches, and possible corporation related loopholes might have been fixed).

Now that I think more, I’m not sure if that problem was fixed in some patch? Are sector conquest points now tier related (higher tier => more points)?

People who leaves first of all watches the sun on the flashing mind. https://soundcloud.com/lovehaus/staring-at-the-sun

This gave me all sorts of ideas for suggestions. Support.

I’ve flown T2 for a long time now because I just enjoy it more than T3.

I’ve had fun in T3, and even T4, but the truth is that there is simply too much bullshit in T3 and up for my tastes. I don’t like a lot of the modules - the Guards ability to cripple engines and weapons; the CovOps spamming nukes; the ECMs existing. The general balance of the tier feels like almost every ship has either too much defensive power or not enough offensive power, and whilst this could well have been done to force teamwork, in my opinion it just leaves me frustrated to see a ship being focus-fired by 2-3 others, only to calmly slink behind and asteroid and heal with no hope of our team chasing him down for the kill.

I like the fact that if a sniper is bugging me in T2 I can just grab a Recon, Microwarp over and slaughter him in seconds. I like that the modules in T2 are effective enough that using them is a big part of making your ship work as it should, but they’re not so overpowering that guns and missiles can’t carry the day. I like the fact that, if I get bored, I can just switch to a CovOps and roam around killing random people and there’s good odds that my actions can still actually help the team.

Tier 3 is where Star Conflict stops being about fun and starts being about work. Ironically, because of my work schedule, I find it hard to group with fellow NASA pilots (a lot of the big names appear to be in the USA) and get the kind of backup I need to fly higher tiers… so I stopped trying. I’d rather fly T2 and have fun than have to work at finding a T3/T4 game I might not even enjoy all that much.

Biggest issue I have with the game right now? I’m trying to find T2 matches, and the game is putting me in T3 ones…

*Sigh* T3 aint what it used to be either

More than half the time it plays out like the old T2

That said, Damage has been increased, things are dying better in T3.

As for retreating for heals … I wouldn’t necessarily put blame on the game / ships / modules. More of a case that in T2 support play is severely lacking where if you run down someone hard enough you might get closure.

But I’m all for narrowing the gap between powerbands.

I’ve flown T2 for a long time now because I just enjoy it more than T3.

I’ve had fun in T3, and even T4, but the truth is that there is simply too much bullshit in T3 and up for my tastes. I don’t like a lot of the modules - the Guards ability to cripple engines and weapons; the CovOps spamming nukes; the ECMs existing. The general balance of the tier feels like almost every ship has either too much defensive power or not enough offensive power, and whilst this could well have been done to force teamwork, in my opinion it just leaves me frustrated to see a ship being focus-fired by 2-3 others, only to calmly slink behind and asteroid and heal with no hope of our team chasing him down for the kill.

I like the fact that if a sniper is bugging me in T2 I can just grab a Recon, Microwarp over and slaughter him in seconds. I like that the modules in T2 are effective enough that using them is a big part of making your ship work as it should, but they’re not so overpowering that guns and missiles can’t carry the day. I like the fact that, if I get bored, I can just switch to a CovOps and roam around killing random people and there’s good odds that my actions can still actually help the team.

Tier 3 is where Star Conflict stops being about fun and starts being about work. Ironically, because of my work schedule, I find it hard to group with fellow NASA pilots (a lot of the big names appear to be in the USA) and get the kind of backup I need to fly higher tiers… so I stopped trying. I’d rather fly T2 and have fun than have to work at finding a T3/T4 game I might not even enjoy all that much.

Biggest issue I have with the game right now? I’m trying to find T2 matches, and the game is putting me in T3 ones…

Here is one of the biggest problems with a bunch of people playing this game. Just because T3 and up has different modules they think it’s bullshit, stay in T2 and cry OVERPOWERED!

I’ve seen this mentality since before the steam release. Some may not know this but nukes were in T1 a long time ago along with most of those so called OP modules and weapons, but newer players just complained and complained so they took them out.

Jasan there is plenty of your corpmates on during the time you’re able to play but don’t expect to get your hand held. We have been watching you and just can’t figure you out. It’s either this or that. So my advice to you is just figure it out and quit being so damn negitive all the time.

*Edited*

Yeah, I forgot to mention that T3 for me was actually more fun. But in light of this patch made me realise that I had to move up to T4, and with the recent squadron changes…uh, It grinded my gears to a halt. Really pissed about it. 

I miss the old T3 with OP heals and siege warfare. Had time to type and chat and stuff behind rocks. Now I have to fly for real :sad:

T3 “siege” was fun if it went right. I loved flying with Mustache et al and leapfrogging from rock to rock, slowly grinding down the enemy only to be pushed back in turn by a Guard Phalanx.

But a lack of kills in higher tier games can give it a feeling of slow play and little-to-no accomplishment. In that sense, lower tiers seem to produce more satisfying play more consistently.

The current T4 situation feels pretty good so long as it’s a larger match, but it still doesn’t feel welcoming for solo play. I only break out the Garm now when I see corpmates looking for squaddies.

Which is Tier5’s fault maybe.

Before 0.9 we had 2 levels of play (excluding beginners)

T2 for minimal teamplay, FFA deathmatch

T3 for The Game

and that was a great place for Star Conflict. remember your blog? and how I was trying to sell you T3 game play etc. good times.

unfortunately that’s all gone now.

T3 is basically the old T2 with bigger ships.

Once in awhile I get into T3 games with familiar faces but we’re still drowned out by a majority of FFA pilots even squads.

Playing T4 is like the old T3 except you have this visible power difference in ships when T5s are put into the mix. I see some crazy sh.t happening now and again. and the only good games seem to be in the rare small scale T4 only skirmishes.

I know Tac, Luckyo, Koystan et al is trying to sell that the power gap is not that huge a deal but like it or not perception still plays its’ bit and people don’t see the incentive to move up. So now, the old T3 is effectively being broken up. Half the players fly in T3 FFA - the other in T4 trying to make it work.

The other contributing problem is the friggin prices on T4 premiums and lack of proper T4 DLCs.

Peeps who’ve bought DLCs will want to maximize their purchase so they stick to T3 and play their gold ships

Peeps like me don’t see the incentive on buying T4 premiums anymore thanks to Gaijin synergy

I’m stuck trying to make the Garm work in a T4.5 game

Why should I bother when like you - we can just tier down and have fun :stuck_out_tongue:

I still want my T5 Imperials tho. Best looking inties and fighters. And that sexy fed Engineer. Atleast the compulsion to get great looking ships still bothers me enough to keep trying to level up. But for spending my 2-3 hours a day for my online gaming fix … T4 feels too much like work and not enough fun.

Peeps who’ve bought DLCs will want to maximize their purchase so they stick to T3 and play their gold ships

Peeps like me don’t see the incentive on buying T4 premiums anymore thanks to Gaijin synergy

I’m waiting to not be pissed about that.  At least a possible gs refund on gs bought premiums.  I’d sell my Spirit and Eagle-B in a heartbeat in that situation.   I can understand not giving a premium on DLC unlocked ships.

It is free to play, and I’m feeling done paying.

I agree on all point guys. Surprisingly I have been against Yurkusactuary alot for some reason. Mmh. Weird. 

There this another thing. Is it just me or when your squad with 3 in T4/5, you end up on alot of 3 vs 3 games? I played almost 5 of that in a row…Talk about lameness.

There this another thing. Is it just me or when your squad with 3 in T4/5, you end up on alot of 3 vs 3 games? I played almost 5 of that in a row…Talk about lameness.

If you queue with 2 people in T4/5, you frequently get 3v3 games with a bot on both sides. This has been observed repeatedly the past days by in particular ZapBrannigan, Kipps and myself in various combinations.

If you queue with 2 people in T4/5, you frequently get 3v3 games with a bot on both sides. This has been observed repeatedly the past days by in particular ZapBrannigan, Kipps and myself in various combinations.

I knew it! Tell me when your Q’ing up in a Squad of T4/5. I rather face off a squad is well known and is coordinated. And I want to have bragging rights when I throw a sweet roll at your windscreen, making you fly into a wall from your blindness…winning the match! 

Also has anyone noticed the lack of new people as of late. There is not many people asking questions anymore. Is everyone being directed to the forum or what?

Might be time zone related, when I am on the questions seem to have multiplied by a factor of 10, there are moments when I have to devote 100% of my attention to answering them. And since I am male and rapidly approaching the definition of senior citizen, I’m rather poor at having multiple conversations at the same time. My brain doesn’t really have multi-threading capabilities, so I handle them in sequence rather than parallel. :frowning:

In theory, a single significant distraction (you can replace this with the term attractive/intelligent/interesting woman) could shut down the entire process and take up all processing power.

Or some sufficiently tasty noms, like ya know, a sweet roll, some jaffa cakes or any form of haribo goodness.

So are you saying, we need someone along the lines of a crazy girl to handle the questions? 

Thats a great IDEA! 

Also, JP just got the eagle-M, rank 12 Federation Covert Ops. SUPER EXCITED! 

Come here to say “hello” at my ToR S. I have coi… Cookie Mortar :smiley:

It’s really badass

It’s really badass

Yeah man! I cant wait!

Yeah man! I cant wait!

Does it mean you are not planning on quitting anymore?