Joystick Implementation

I’ve played the game since the start of the CB, and I think this is a brilliant game, the upcoming updates will surely make it even better.

I have one small problem, this game is based around flight, and a joystick would make controlling the ships much easier. 

Its not that i have much of a problem kicking xxxx while using the keyboard/mouse, but all the same i would appreciate it, a lot, if you could perhaps look into this.

I’m sure there are others who would also benefit from this.

I’ve played the game since the start of the CB, and I think this is a brilliant game, the upcoming updates will surely make it even better.

I have one small problem, this game is based around flight, and a joystick would make controlling the ships much easier. 

Its not that i have much of a problem kicking xxxx while using the keyboard/mouse, but all the same i would appreciate it, a lot, if you could perhaps look into this.

I’m sure there are others who would also benefit from this.

+1

+1

You would gain a massive amount of seasoned flight simmers out there.  Those guys are serious and won’t go back to flying with a mouse.  Let out Saitek X52 Pros get into the action!  Please :slight_smile:

I play with my left hand on a razer orbweaver and on my right hand a razer naga with 12 buttons. 

One hand for manuvering, and rockets, the other for aiming and modules.

I play with my left hand on a razer orbweaver and on my right hand a razer naga with 12 buttons. 

One hand for manuvering, and rockets, the other for aiming and modules.

Mmm, not enough left hand buttons for me, I use keys T Y G H B N F1-3 for this game, and a 4 button mouse (RAT5 Cyborg) with next / previous weapon bound to it.

The game def needs joy option though. I would undoubtedly swap my keyboard for my throttle and possibly use the stick occasionally switching to expert mode instead of basic just for fun.

+1

With joystick, this game is more fun.

well… I tried playing this with joystick once… and hated it. Especially aiming on long range seemed impossible to me. But I think giving people more options can’t be wrong, so:

+1

Please implement this!!!

I used to love my joystick gaming back in the day of Wing Commander, X-Wing vs Tie Fighter and Freespace, but I really couldn’t imagine playing this game with one.

Movement and aiming are somewhat independent; ships are more like turreted tanks in space as opposed to “fly that way means you shoot that way” kind of sims.

Hell, I’ll probably stick to mouse and keyboard flying once Star Citizen comes out too.

But to each his own. :wink:

I tried to use my stick yesterday but i failed. Is there still no joysticksupport implemented?

I tried to use my stick yesterday but i failed. Is there still no joysticksupport implemented?

No, and I don’t think it will be. Controlling the ship in all 6 axes with just a joystick would be very difficult and cumbersome.

Mouse is better for this game.

No, and I don’t think it will be. Controlling the ship in all 6 axes with just a joystick would be very difficult and cumbersome.

Mouse is better for this game.

I agree, but seriously, guys, get a game pad and a better mouse. 

razer-nostromo-gallery-1.png

I agree, but seriously, guys, get a game pad and a better mouse. 

razer-nostromo-gallery-1.png

This is actually pretty bad device for any “serious” “competitive” gaming.

This is actually pretty bad device for any “serious” “competitive” gaming.

Eh? I dont understand what you mean? *munches on Sweet Roll of smartness* 

Eh? I dont understand what you mean? *munches on Sweet Roll of smartness* 

while some games will work on it, there are simply not enough buttons for direct shortcuts (see not button combos) yes you can have 3-4 profiles on it, but profiles/presets are not the same as dedicated buttons.

Even StarConflict is fairly simple game on keybinds, but i am already using about 18 keys on my keyboard (including movement controls) and i have extra 6 on my mouse (not including LM and RM)

while some games will work on it, there are simply not enough buttons for direct shortcuts (see not button combos) yes you can have 3-4 profiles on it, but profiles/presets are not the same as dedicated buttons.

Oh, I dont dispute that one bit. Im just saying that having a keypad for this game is a godsend. 

Oh, I dont dispute that one bit. Im just saying that having a keypad for this game is a godsend. 

so why did you link it than  :dntknw:

so why did you link it than  :dntknw:

BECAUSE ITS A BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO A DAM JOYSTICK! 

BECAUSE ITS A BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO A DAM JOYSTICK! 

Ah, thats why. Yeah, better indeed.

Ah, thats why. Yeah, better indeed.

Seriously, try it!