Jericho torpedo

I play Interceptors, Corvettes and Missile boats.

I’ve both shot team mates and been shot by them. Though after having learned of the torpedoes friendly fire dangers, I’ve made every attempt to minimize the damage. When targeting an enemy in close proximity to a friendly I take several things into account. First, if its even necessary. if its just two guys scrapping around then I’m sure there’s better things for me to do than to waste a torpedo to shake them both up. Secondly, everyones health, particularly that of the friendly units. If the enemy is near death or at least significantly lower than the friendlies then I’m not holding back, I’m going to try to take him out or at least weaken him enough to be finished off. Third, I make priorities based on whether or not there is a high value objective nearby. If they’re both fighting near something thats crucial to the outcome of the game such as a beacon, a captain, or a bomb, then its important for everyone to whittle down the defenses as much as possible. Sometimes in these cases its best not to detonate near a friendly, some times it is, again, its all circumstantial.

If a Missile Boat on my team has assigned the targeting of an enemy above my own life then I just have to trust that decision and accept it. This happens all the time when taking points and I actually don’t think I would ask anyone not to shell such heavily defended positions especially if I’m the only friendly in the vicinity. When I’m the one guiding the missiles I’ll usually try to minimize the friendly fire damage but I’m not going to stop shelling a threat. I think ThatOneGuy has a very good point, if you hate getting shelled by your own artillery to the point where you’re blaming them for doing what they’re meant to then you should either try switching up your tactics or play longer ranged class. I’d suggest not criss crossing your target near high value objectives, if I as a missile frigate can see a safer side of the combat zone to detonate then I’ll aim there. Also don’t ‘hug’ targets, cause thats annoying for all parties involved, and I’ll give no sympathy.

There should, however be points taken away for friendly fire, I agree on that. Though it should be more about notifying the frigate pilot that he’s danger close, not so much about heavily penalizing them.

As for an alarm though, it could be useful though I’m imagining it to be just as panicky, uninformative, and annoying as the current general alarm. Either way I don’t see it quelling any frustrations over being killed by friendly fire and would probably do more to exacerbate the issue than solve it.

“If the enemy is near death or at least significantly lower than the friendlies then I’m not holding back”

So you nuke your teammate when he has a certain win situation just for a kill steal? :01515:

“If the enemy is near death or at least significantly lower than the friendlies then I’m not holding back”

So you nuke your teammate when he has a certain win situation just for a kill steal? :01515:

On the other hand the teammate still gets his 80 assists points and can return to the teamfight faster, adding an important dmg dealing source.

Which is why I suggest say, a 30 points penalty for simply hitting an ally and a 100 points penalty for killing him.

The worst case I’ve seen was a 5x friendly fire incident on a beacon, and that was from my side only, the other side was also busy shelling their own people.

Spammed nukes, spammed deathrays, spammed torps. Totally didn’t care who they killed.

Friendly fire warning? Not the audio one, but if you are near a blast radius of a friendly torp, you get a blue “Missile” icon instead of a red one to tell you to get the hell out of there?

So the point is the fighter and the ceptor die so much?

If that the point i think should reduce ship repair payment for these 2 class by 50%.

Play as a support ship i have try to care about allies much but when in bomb beacon map(sorry i dont remmeber its name) if an enemy get bomb close to beacon i ll not care how many their, my priority is protect beacon and i ll blast out the beacon with tolerpo if any enemy bomb get close it.

At the first time i play I think it unharm to allied but after played manny battle i had found it, so that an experience. I think this should have an notice when press alt to see the skill information, some thing like a red text “this skill may harm your allied, try thinking before blast it”.

P.S: sorry my bad english.