Help with Empire LRFs

Please give tips on how to build and play in sniping mode and out of sniping mode.

Here is my build right now and stats.

thanks if you help

// that attach files isn’t working for me. for some reason it says undefined. 

post-245332-0-17098000-1403895989.png

post-245332-0-17451400-1403896070.png

You should ask MrDick about how to attach images. :lol:

still would appreciate help though…

1. host images to imgur

2. get direct image link (example http://i.imgur.com/WFKAVZA.jpg)

3. use Image button on SC forums in editor and paste image link into it

1. profit

who is O. Winkler. looks like a pedo

You should ask MrDick about how to attach images. :lol:

:sad:

Empire LRF Help?

Main Weapon should be usable to defend yourself good, Beam Lasers with Curved Reflector are very good for that. Nearly 4000Dps in T3 on Mk4.

Modules: Weapon Overcharge, Tachyon, EM Field or Reverse Thruster, Hull Regeneration ore Nanocomposite. (Would prefer the Regeneration)

Passive: There is no perfect set, but u should go for all resistences, Thermal For Long Range fight, EM for some Intys who tryhard to kill u, Kinetic… Nobody knows. But thermal is most important.

Engine: Definitely Rotation Speed.

CPU: Depends on ur main weapon, usually crit or range.

Damn important for each shipclass: Use a good implant setup.

Fitting is always the easiest thing, but learn to play Long Range good enough that u extremely useful for ur team. (Minimum 8 Kills per battle) You have to learn to aim and learn the best timings, it’s easy, even with 20 FPS. I hope i could help you, if not i’ll slap u ingame. :lol:

Greets, (Veteran) Long Range Pilot, OmegaFighter

Greets, (Veteran average) Long Range Pilot, OmegaFighter

:learn:

Modules that depends what is your primary gameplay: LRF or Heavy gunship

1)LRF

actives: tachyon, dmg boost, hull heal, warp or cloak

Engine - acceleration

Energy - Heatsink or dmg 

shield - thermal resist

Hull - plated, thermal resist, galv

Cpu - faster lock up(have to); horizon or sensor range

1. Heavy hunship

actives: tachyon, heal hull, warp, hull resist or lock debuff

Engine - verniers

Energy - Heatsink or dmg 

shield - thermal resist

Hull - plated, thermal resist, galv

Cpu - depend which weapon

You should start with long range Positrons after while when you get use to them change to LRF mode(after positron pewpewpew it should be quite easy to aim)

1. host images to imgur

2. get direct image link (example http://i.imgur.com/WFKAVZA.jpg)

3. use Image button on SC forums in editor and paste image link into it

1. profit

http://puush.me/ is better IMO. Just Ctrl+Shift+3, bam instant screencap with link like this!

Here are examples of “Heavy Positron Turret of Death”:

(these videos are made pre Reverse Thruster, i would definitely incorporate it in the ship if wouldn’t be so lazy to farm it)

Snipe when your main guns are overheated or when targets are to far

P.S. for engine i prefer Collision Compensator and strafing implant - because mostly  I am strafing in and out of cover, helps with hugging asteroids and when you get circled by inties rotation hardly gonna help with positrons, but strafing allows you to somewhat dodge and throw his movement vectors, plus helps you to utilize your own mine field better.

Energy - Heatsink or dmg

or Emergency barrier

or Emergency barrier

or Acceleration Coils

:learn:

Modules that depends what is your primary gameplay: LRF or Heavy gunship

Don’t edit my quotes, nub.

He want to know how to fit a Empire LRF, not a cheap Tillo frig. :lol:

I “average” u away, i would kill ur Archdragon LRF with T1 Tackler! (Probably not, but u know.)

Anyways, ur fittings are useless if u can’t fly the ship or can’t hit sth with it.

Locking time is not required, i flew most time on my LRF without decreased locking time and i killed anyways many ships. But now i use it and it’s very good, i use the Beam Lasers since today and u can wrek everyone with that weapon, the Dps is awesome!

or Acceleration Coils

Or nothing.

Heres my Chiron setup (Pls note this is set up for invasion mode currently)

Eng0lfK.jpg

And this is how I would set it up for normal Pvp etc

YQzSYyA.jpg

Here’s my Archdragon setup:

Jd8HSWJ.jpg

Snipers are lame. Do you want to be lame?

Here’s my Archdragon setup:

Jd8HSWJ.jpg

Snipers are lame. Do you want to be lame?

There are my ADragon beams:

QfsQo8g.jpg

Snib is lame. Do you want to be like Snib?

Wtf Tillo ? Have they buffed the gazors since I last played or something ? The beam cannons used to be good for nothing …

Snib is lame. Do you want to be like Snib?

Wtf Tillo ? Have they buffed the gazors since I last played or something ? The beam cannons used to be good for nothing …

yep, heavily buffed, higher dps than positrons

I already use builds similar to all of yours, except Snib’s build. And I have been using lasers for weeks Omega. Did you just discover their usefulness today? XD

I’m using positrons right now but the mechanics are so weird. You charge it and it doesn’t go to .3 spread until you charge up the second time. Also, when you move your positron fast enough the inner circle moves ahead while the circle that actually tells you where it’s points runs behind to catch up. Also again, I don’t release button and still shoots then I can shoot shortly after again. Anyone care to explain? Also when I was doing pve a long time ago when I was first starting, I died and saw someone using posi. It seemed to snap on the targeting reticle/bubble. Did it use to do that?

So what I’m really asking is how do you snipe so well and keep on the targeting reticle both in and out of sniping mode. I can never keep my cursor on the target sometimes on far away frigate. That is the bane of my SC existence.