Faceless man Squads

So currently the game is totally random. You have 50% chance to win or lose.
The balance of the games totally random, but in the last few month I didn’t have close games.
Usually one side was much stronger than the other.

Why ppl was complaining about the squads? Because ppl learn the pattern. If that x guy is on the enemy team together we usually lose Even if this was not true, they believed they get frustrated, and complained about balance.

My suggestion is the next. Hide all pilot and squad information in random pvp. The name and the tag is useless anyway. It doesn’t hold any useful information.

The player has no name. The player has no squad. The player has no corp. The player is just a player, no matter what is on the side or team. The player will protect the engi, the player will kill the target, the player will go to objective.

Without visible player informations, we can reintroduce squads. The games won’t be less balanced, the random players will still have 50% chance to get into the winning squad. Squads can play against randoms, without anybody can realise it.

Advantage:

• Nobody will complain about squads
  • Nobody will cheat the game to help the enemy team corpmates

Disadvantage:

• Nobody will become famous in pvp

Disadvantage:

• Nobody will become famous in pvp

Not necessarily a bad thing both in terms of player ego and how many games are still won. Team hunts/avoids the guy with a name to him or her. Would force people to stop playing the players and play the team. Something which just lacks now.

GREaT IDEA!!

Not necessarily a bad thing both in terms of player ego and how many games are still won. Team hunts/avoids the guy with a name to him or her. Would force people to stop playing the players and play the team. Something which just lacks now.

I agree :slight_smile:

you guys wanna nerf me, right

i mean that is my secret weapon, knowing ppl

i think however, the same reason as names can be negative is actually the thrive of getting known by name

it may even become another disaster. i mean, seriously, imagine they would have done that in the game, coming from them all it would earn is criticism for again “turning features off”.

no, simple answer to crying from players is to listen to the essential part, not the “they were so big, and many, and had friends”, and stop acting like in a game people get hurt.

also, atm. there are no squads. so what the games are at the moment have nothing to do with all this.

and i think, your theories about what makes people afraid is just the wrong message. people will not get better, if you hold their hands.

Don’t think this is a good idea, you can’t find new people for a corp/community if you can’t recognise the same player after each game.

Damn no. 

I just love when I find people I know in random PvP, especially when they’re in the opposing team. Or when you encounter the same good guy in the other teams, and you both start killing each other on sight… 

I think this would make it even worse for complaints against squads. Possibly giving the opposite effect.

Example.

Newish player joins a team and is up against a death squad of very good vets.  They won’t realize the difference between those really good vets killing him and just an everyday squad against him.  So the only assumption he can pull from a scenario like this is:  that squads are “op”.  

They will not see,

1. well this is a team of vets in a corp

2. These vets normally play together

3. They are onTS

4. They actually are using tactics to win.

I think it was a joke. But yeah i get the point here… sometimes you just look trough the names and you can already predict who will most likely win. Wich can affect players efforts sometimes.

I have a better suggestion, players who ‘cryabout’ squads, get their own server and each one of them gets theri INSTAWIN button, whoever smashes the button faster… wins. :stuck_out_tongue: or… hesus… they can play vs AI now! Why arent we having squads back yet?

I think it was a joke. But yeah i get the point here… sometimes you just look trough the names and you can already predict who will most likely win. Wich can affect players efforts sometimes.

I have a better suggestion, players who ‘cryabout’ squads, get their own server and each one of them gets theri INSTAWIN button, whoever smashes the button faster… wins. :stuck_out_tongue: or… hesus… they can play vs AI now! Why arent we having squads back yet?

Why dont you play your squad vsAI?

also, atm. there are no squads. so what the games are at the moment have nothing to do with all this.

and i think, your theories about what makes people afraid is just the wrong message. people will not get better, if you hold their hands.

Don’t think this is a good idea, you can’t find new people for a corp/community if you can’t recognise the same player after each game.

Maybe this could be solved by keeping the names on the death summary and scoreboards at battle end. Players with the interest and squads on ts will learn who is in what ship (minor info) and recruiting corps will be able to see who played well in a game. Cant really tell if good from a scoreboard but neither can you tell till flying with them. Also i didnt see any mention of notification changes in top left, if players really that interested perhaps that could be left there too. If just the knowledge pre match for the newer player is enough to make them whine then force them to die once and take part as cannon fodder at least, i know i had to do it enough to learn and i’d rather have cannon fodder n00b than a whiney disconnect.

I don’t like the idea of playing names and squads hidden, but admittedly there could be some benefits to it.

Some sort of compromise could be that each player’s name would be hidden till their ship has been locked to once. Could be actually interesting gameplay wise too. Recons would have some actual reconnaissance to do at the start of each battle then.

I don’t think that this is a good way. Pilots should know, who they’re fighting with.

Overall I see, most of the reactions are negative so I have to agree with you we shouldn’t go to this direction. But let me defend a bit the idea.
:slight_smile:

you guys wanna nerf me, right

i mean that is my secret weapon, knowing ppl

i think however, the same reason as names can be negative is actually the thrive of getting known by name

it may even become another disaster. i mean, seriously, imagine they would have done that in the game, coming from them all it would earn is criticism for again “turning features off”.

no, simple answer to crying from players is to listen to the essential part, not the “they were so big, and many, and had friends”, and stop acting like in a game people get hurt.

Yes it would earn criticism, but when did this hold back the devs from remove a feature? I get your point, I don’t think this is the perfect solution. But this would have some great advantage. 4example It would make everybody equal. Equally noname. this would help to move the game to a “fun and brainless” pew-pew way, without removing the possibility to play clever in a team, or just have fun with friends.

Community-wise probably this would have a negative effect. The corps would lose an important surface where they can advertise themself. On the other hand, the deathsquads become an enemy of the solo players because of that advertisement. IMO we should advertise the corps in SQ and Leagues in this case. About the recruiting, yes you can’t just pick good players from pvp. you should fly with the candidates to see what are they doing. 

I just love when I find people I know in random PvP, especially when they’re in the opposing team. Or when you encounter the same good guy in the other teams, and you both start killing each other on sight… 

I also like that. But it has the opposite side as well. When the player die as a cap just to help win his friends on the other side. 

I think this would make it even worse for complaints against squads. Possibly giving the opposite effect.

Example.

Newish player joins a team and is up against a death squad of very good vets.  They won’t realize the difference between those really good vets killing him and just an everyday squad against him.  So the only assumption he can pull from a scenario like this is:  that squads are “op”.  

They will not see,

1. well this is a team of vets in a corp

2. These vets normally play together

3. They are onTS

4. They actually are using tactics to win.

Yes, they won’t see it. But that will help them to enjoy the game itself.

It is not a complete joke. but I like the instawin button idea :smiley:

I don’t like the idea of playing names and squads hidden, but admittedly there could be some benefits to it.

Some sort of compromise could be that each player’s name would be hidden till their ship has been locked to once. Could be actually interesting gameplay wise too. Recons would have some actual reconnaissance to do at the start of each battle then.

It has several advantage, and yes it has some serious disadvantage as well.

I don’t think that this is a good way. Pilots should know, who they’re fighting with.

It is just hiding some informations. StarConflict has a great tradition about it. I would introduce it in a Ninja patch :slight_smile: But seriously. Most of the pilots has no idea who is the enemy.

Gizmo doesn’t deserve a Nobel Peace Prize for this suggestion. It would be far too low an award.

He deserves a Gizmo.

A girl doesn’t need a squad :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s funny how people try to ‘’‘fix’’’ squads since it never was broken, in all others games you can play with how many friends you want and sometimes get a bonus for it. This is the only one where playing together is considered ‘OP’. So if we stop to think… All others games are broken or… ?

the sad thing is that we can’t even blame the devs, the cry babies comunity is a good percentage of players of this game too.

About the idea, we actualy decided to give it a try. Will see what happen  :001j:

I love this. You can’t tell who is in squads together, so anyone could be coordinating. This actually eliminates the idea of players from the same corp coordinating and maybe just making the games look more coincidental (which, in the end, all games pretty much are, anyway…)

Well unless you get a 3v3 with three OWLs on one side and three xTEDx on the other like we had yesterday… :stuck_out_tongue: Then you kinda know who is the squad.

But honestly in the few matches I’ve tried with my squads, it has been really good. We slaughtered xTEDx but that’s because they all had frigates, and then we had a really good fight against a NOVA squad. We lost, but then we tried to find a counter to their strategy for the next game (which didn’t happen they must have found someone else). THIS is Star Conflict. THIS is what it should be. Not some solo arcade shooter where it might as well be a free-for-all, there’s so little coordination.

Oh and as a sidenote, I don’t mind fighting destroyers in these condititions, since we are able to focus fire as a squad and kill them, even though it still takes time. Without a squad, they are simply unkillable.