Engineering frigates: you have ONE JOB

Tell that to my Guard. Engies can never heal me, for some reason.

Because Jericho guards have such huge shields that it takes forever.  My emergency shield booster has more hit points, ignoring resists and “survivability,” than my Katana S.  I have a purple T3 healing station, it heals 253 a second for 60 seconds for a max of 15180 shields.  If I went solely shield projection splitters, then in 60 seconds that healing station could only heal just under half of my Crus S shields.  Right now it could do 3/4.  A guard can tank, but it just takes forever to heal.

Because Jericho guards have such huge shields that it takes forever.  My emergency shield booster has more hit points, ignoring resists and “survivability,” than my Katana S.  I have a purple T3 healing station, it heals 253 a second for 60 seconds for a max of 15180 shields.  If I went solely shield projection splitters, then in 60 seconds that healing station could only heal just under half of my Crus S shields.  Right now it could do 3/4.  A guard can tank, but it just takes forever to heal.

I’m sitting on a… roughly… 30-32k shield buffer, iirc, can’t accurately remember. Every time I’ve flown with Engies alongside it, I’m just tossing myself forwards while my squad’s Engies are going “Ory, no! Your shields!” My shields are, like, 10-15% up, by that point, so I just say “It’s fine… We’re fine… See? They’re barely scratching my shield… We’re fine…” And I just keep getting hammered from every direction and I just sit there, taking it all, shooting back at them.

Business as usual on my Guard.

Half of a guard’s job is to be the focus of focus fire.

Half of a guard’s job is to be the focus of focus fire.

Exactly. So I never understood their stress in me going willy-nilly out of rocks with low shields. I’m the perfect mark and while half their team is busy focusing me, my team can go around and kill primary targets.

I’d be willing to play dedicated engineer, but first the people i play with would have to prove its worth it.

Objection !

Engineer can be Guard too !

1383604245-hahem.png

Oops I did it again :smiley:

GuardGineers, Welcome back :smiley:

Objection !

1383604245-hahem.png

Residente has a Styx with higher survivality, and he heals :stuck_out_tongue:

Was do you think i do with this?

Was do you think i do with this?

Then I also want to squad with you ¬¬

Objection !

1383604245-hahem.png

Residente has a Styx with higher survivality, and he heals :stuck_out_tongue:

All hail to the GuardGineers

karpIMR.png

I’m working on it…

56uFZy2.jpg

I pick my alligator mk3 with 32k surv over this flying coffin any day and night

Exception Outpost map-any mode, that map is just made for frigballing+fighter support

Since it’s a T2 ship it’s actually pretty powerful.

All hail to the GuardGineers

karpIMR.png

What sorcery is this??? My Styx clocks in at only 63k survivability, and one additional level of synergy isn’t going to boost that by too much. Fortunately, my 63k is already enough to tank a fair bit of damage.

Now I feel bad about my engineers :/ 

They probably got mostly armor, instead of resists. Causing high EHP, but xxxx tank once you damage them since it takes forever to repair.

70k hp is, once again a higher value than even the Crus-S, considering I can only get mine up to 65k. Not to mention Guards are far easier to kill than Engies, nowadays…

70k hp is, once again a higher value than even the Crus-S, considering I can only get mine up to 65k. Not to mention Guards are far easier to kill than Engies, nowadays…

You mean your Crus S is at 65k AFTER the patch? What sorcery is this? Mine had 66k before, now it’s at 56k… Or are you adding active resist mods to the roster / phase shield?

You mean your Crus S is at 65k AFTER the patch? What sorcery is this? Mine had 66k before, now it’s at 56k… Or are you adding active resist mods to the roster / phase shield?

You kidding? My Crus-S was at 73k before the patch.

Edit: on Hangar.

You kidding? My Crus-S was at 73k before the patch.

Hmm, time to step back again from advancing to T4 and re-check my Crus then.