Engineering frigates: you have ONE JOB

I think part of the reason why these modules get ignored is because of how insignificant the repair/regen rates are, especially in T2/T1 matches where ships can get right screwed even with support. I immediately figured out how the things worked back in the good ol’ days when every frigate had fraggin’ pulsar.

Their current state just saddens me.

This just makes me sad, I came in after specialization and my second ship was? engineer :sad: .  I might just have to go back to flying one t3 so people can get heals. FOR THE GOOD OF THE TEAM :kamikadze: !

Capnnic: let’s not return to the days where the glorified trashcan could singlehandedly capture a beacon.

Hey, not every engineer sucks, I’ve seen a couple of competent supporters, and I myself really like to play that role.

Capnnic: let’s not return to the days where the glorified trashcan could singlehandedly capture a beacon.

Anyway, yes, you’re right. Back in those days, it was impossible to kill anyfrig given enough engineers.

And I prefer to call it the ‘Flying Coffin.’ Unless another ship has that dubious honor. And I certainly hope it’s not the Phobos.

We gotta make a list in our minds of who is actually a good engi and know prior the match starting what we’re going to do. At least that’s what i’m doing. Good engi? I can stress my ship for better results. Unknown engi? Don’t count on me to save your sweet xxxx. The best engi i know in my line of T3 is Fuzah and i never go too far from his ship and our duo is usually domintating the little area we’re present at.

Phobos IS a flying coffin.

We gotta make a list in our minds of who is actually a good engi and know prior the match starting what we’re going to do. At least that’s what i’m doing. Good engi? I can stress my ship for better results. Unknown engi? Don’t count on me to save your sweet xxxx. The best engi i know in my line of T3 is Fuzah and i never go too far from his ship and our duo is usually domintating the little area we’re present at.

Phobos IS a flying coffin.

Gimme time to unlock the Styx, just gimme some time (currently flying 6/9 Anaconda) :smiley:

Anyway, yes, you’re right. Back in those days, it was impossible to kill anyfrig given enough engineers.

And I prefer to call it the ‘Flying Coffin.’ Unless another ship has that dubious honor. And I certainly hope it’s not the Phobos.

Phobos is the flying coffin.  It can’t do it’s job, kill, without dieing too much.

An engineer can do it’s job well, but it’s best not to be the front of the wave.  It’s more how it’s flown.  You have to fly it knowing that the healing logo is a giant target.  Anyway, I’ve bought the Acid Hydra at least, once I’m done with some T2 ships leveled up I might get it up to the Empire engineer line.  I’m still using my Grizzly for PvE though.

Phobos is the flying coffin.  It can’t do it’s job, kill, without dieing too much.

This was around for months now, but phobos can do its job, it just has less available jobs comparing to DE or Wolf/M

This was around for months now, but phobos can do its job, it just has less available jobs comparing to DE or Wolf/M

You kiddin’ me? The Phobos is just awesome.

There is also the extreme… where you have the engineer hitting the dang buttons like continuously…?   Not only is it annoying but it distorts the view… so now you can’t see in front of you and you have to move… kind of bad when your the capt or… your protecting the capt…

You kiddin’ me? The Phobos is just awesome.

Troll!

I like playing Engineer, My Anaconda Engy, always has it’s three buffs on, the are on as soon as I spawn. and do not go off until I die.

Not every engy player sucks. I have often had folk say in chat  “tnx Windswept!”, they dont say that when I kill the guy shooting at them from my Guard… :slight_smile:

I wish i could be that good, just need that styx first. fed engies dont have the staying power for my playstyle.

S for Styx, S for slow, S for sturdy, S for strafe, S for snipe, S for survive → my personal motto when it comes to the Styx.

50k survivability for my Styx. Not fully synergized yet, and with some Mk1 parts still. But even then, the lack of mobility can punish any bad positioning or overextensions on my part. (And I’d kill for a rear camera. I keep reversing into asteroids.)

Also, just a quick question to gather opinions: which modules do you guys pick for your engie? I tend to go with static barrier and triple auras (shield, hull, energy), so I don’t have any deployable healing stations whatsoever. I have to depend on other engies to provide those.

Mass Shield still heals well enough despite its hard nerf patches ago, though. Hence, if there is any remote station I’d rather use, it’s the repair station.

Energy emitters are nice, but since I play with pugs fairly often, I can’t count on my team having many Command fighters at once.

Troll!

The most fun I’ve ever had in this game was flying those R7 Fighters, all 3 of them.

Mass Shield still heals well enough despite its hard nerf patches ago, though. Hence, if there is any remote station I’d rather use, it’s the repair station.

Energy emitters are nice, but since I play with pugs fairly often, I can’t count on my team having many Command fighters at once.

Energy emitters mean you get to perma afterburn, along with your team, and their modules can still work in an energy neutralizing field.

Tell that to my Guard. Engies can never heal me, for some reason.

50k survivability for my Styx. Not fully synergized yet, and with some Mk1 parts still. But even then, the lack of mobility can punish any bad positioning or overextensions on my part. (And I’d kill for a rear camera. I keep reversing into asteroids.)

You will love the Styx at 9/9 sinergy and everything blue, you can get up to 61-62k survivability, 64 with diamond coating booster.