Double_Tap_Blink - Thar Ga Blink.

Star Conflict Masters Of the Universe.

This is a simple suggestion:

Many players and yourself might be Familiar to Unreal Tournament where you could doubletap to dash left or right which was also called dodging.  This double tap that I am refering to is a very qick (left, left) key combination that caused the player to qickly dash left.  I would like to see something similar with the TharGa blink.  Instead of pressing up once you use a quick (up,up) key combination that allows the player to blink.

Right now flying the tharga with that module installed calls for refraining on using strafe up until you want to blink.  This is a bit weird on how you fly.  And this quick key combination would easily fix the issue.

As a thank you for reading here is Adam West punching a shark.

giphygif.gif?rect=0,0,500,250&w=500&auto

Simplest solutions are the best

15 hours ago, AdamWest said:

.   I would like to see something similar with the TharGa blink. …

What is a Targa blink???

2 minutes ago, avarshina said:

What is a Targa blink???

Teleportation sphere

2km forward teleportation when you strafe upward. 

In this case he is right: its unlogic to loose the strafe up option for the control of a module.

But OT: What such module exists??  Now I know why these smallships/fast gameplay - “geniusses” like the 750m danger bubble around destroyers in where one does 3x damage!! Jump in kill, jump next dessy - kill  : kill 10 dessies in 2 minutes. Man, they really really like comfort zones!!

I have better suggestion, delete that module entirely. Since its passive, it works without energy or when disabled. There is no reason that agile ship with enormous damage output should also jump.

+1

1 hour ago, avarshina said:

What such module exists??  Now I know why these smallships/fast gameplay - “geniusses” like the 750m danger bubble around destroyers in where one does 3x damage!! Jump in kill, jump next dessy - kill  : kill 10 dessies in 2 minutes. Man, they really really like comfort zones!!

meme-tears-ecard.png

1 hour ago, Rob40468 said:

I have better suggestion, delete that module entirely. Since its passive, it works without energy or when disabled. There is no reason that agile ship with enormous damage output should also jump.

Better suggestion, give every interceptor this module. (but with double tap.)

Thank you AdamWest. I don’t know why this wasn’t already suggested let alone actually done this way in the first place. If its a matter of replacing something then replace some of the energy or part of the hull like the spec mod does. I get that most mods when used come at a cost also like increase regen but lose speed or whatever but there is another mod that can be set to get that speed back. In this case there is no other mod that can give the strafe up back.

This behavior has gotten me killed multiple times. I like to strafe in all directions and forget that up is now blink and get screwed cause now I cant blink out of there. The acceleration speed on mine is horrible. Its like I’m not moving at first so if I blink into something then I’m a sitting duck so removing blink isn’t a solution. It truly takes actual skill to use Tharga. Even today with the nerf destroyers got you can still get plenty of kills but its just mostly point and click where tharga you have to keep it moving. You stop and you might get killed kind of like an interceptor only acceleration is way too low.

I do see the flip side of this thing too but know that nothing I say will change it not to mention I don’t even know what you could do to it to make it balanced without making Tharga unplayable like destroyer is now. Destroyer is now just sit back behind the team and hope no one grows some ballz and tries to get in your bubble.

Also is a crit build better for tharga? Seems I don’t get quite the kills most do… I just set it to crit last night and haven’t gotten to test it yet. (still rank 9)

I think that this might not be possible due to technical restrictions. I believe that something similar or the same was already suggested once.

37 minutes ago, AdamWest said:

![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)  I call this whining!

Actually, compared to other modules, teleportation sphere is quite meh, since it blocks upward strafe (which is a big malus)

A strafe or rotation or cruise is better. 

48 minutes ago, Koromac said:

I think that this might not be possible due to technical restrictions. I believe that something similar or the same was already suggested once.

I have never ran into code where something like this was not possible. I was even going to write a program to show that its possible but it would be work done for nothing considering that I don’t know what language this game is written in or how you guys make use of the keypress events. XNA has wrappers to check for key/button press events so I don’t understand how you can say its not possible.

while key/button pressed if longer than 1.5 seconds then don’t use blink - button++; if button == 2 && timer > 200 use blink type thing lol ofc its more complicated than that but that’s pretty much the jist of it…

[ ](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/32760-double_tap_blink-thar-ga-blink/#) 1 hour ago, [AdamWest](< base_url >/?app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id=245182) said:

55 minutes ago, avarshina said:

![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)  I call this whining!

Nailed it your a freaking Oxford Dictionary.

13 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Actually, compared to other modules, teleportation sphere is quite meh, since it blocks upward strafe (which is a big malus)

A strafe or rotation or cruise is better. 

This is an easy one to debate. . .  is it an instant escape from enemy team . . . yes.  Can ECM prevent you from using it . . . nope.  Does it take the enemy 1-2 seconds to re-orientate to your direction . . . yes.  Swifter its an instant escape 100% of the time.  How could cruise, or strafe ever compare ?  I must be missing something.

9x4yaAp.png

Keep in mind that this fits all Alien ships not just Thar’ga exclusive. Now imagine teleporting destroyer and tackler. Next year the entire pvp match will be alien ships jumping around.

It isn’t an instant escape. It’s only 2km. 2Km is barely 3 seconds with a 700m/s ship (cruise) and even an interceptor have more then 2k range.

I’m not saying that it’s not good. Just that the other choices are extremely powerful too.

Sphere of swiftness is absolutely necessary on Thar ga because it increases both speed AND acceleration. And without swiftness Thar ga’s acceleration is slooooooow.

Rotation sphere works perfectly with Swiftness because they compensate each other malus/buff so you keep an extremely good rotation speed with AB. And rotation is really important when dog-fighting (especially with a close range weapon such as Thar Kth).

Same goes for the strafe motor. Which compensate the AB cost malus and is super useful once in close range (dog-fighting once again) 

While Teleportation sphere is just a semi-escape which would take less then 3 seconds to reach and you loose your upward strafe.

Combined with the fact that thar ga can use reboot for disables/slow or even use energy converter (multipurpose module with really low cooldown) and r8-2 implant (you don’t need r8-3 since you have strafe AB reduction cost), you can survive any disable.

So yeah. Unless you don’t know what you’re doing, IMO it’s much better to go for Swiftness+Strafe+Rotation and use Energy converter or Reboot as a GTFO card.

Keep in mind that this fits all Alien ships not just Thar’ga exclusive. Now imagine teleporting destroyer and tackler. Next year the entire pvp match will be alien ships jumping around.

Yup.

On a frigate it will be useful.

But on a 700m/s ship, I don’t think so.

Doubletap directional buttons to teleport or just W is perfect, still wondering why space since games existed nobody went for space with such a feature.

26 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Doubletap directional buttons to teleport or just W is perfect, still wondering why space since games existed nobody went for space with such a feature.

You did not play Black-prophecy did you ?

Nah, it’s always shift or double tap w, space is up by default for me ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

The double tap blink is a simple and effective solution tbh since it would allow for Thar’Ga to strafe upwards without consequence and for the module/passive activation to not happen accidentally - well, on paper anyways.

On 09/02/2017 at 1:57 AM, Milfeulle said:

9x4yaAp.png

Now this will be an interesting thing to see for sure  ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)                                                   [minibump]