Developer blog from October 15th: New formula for skill rating

How’s the Spark doing? Did you try that Gauss build you were talking about somewhere already?

I totally forgot all about it :slight_smile: I’ll try it out soon, just gotta get something out of the way

ZCN4Im6.jpg

A bit OT, but what kind of hull build did you go for, and why?  Seems interesting.

A bit OT, but what kind of hull build did you go for, and why?  Seems interesting.

It’s a speed fit. He’s sacrificing his tank to be more mobile. Not something I like seeing on bubbles, truth be told, but ceptors might have a hard time killing him, as well.

It’s nowhere close to competitive build…

but is fun!

It’s nowhere close to competitive build…

but is fun!

Yeah but… a piranha will do the same, and better. Except for the fuking hull size of course…

Yeah but… a piranha will do the same, and better. Except for the fuking hull size of course…

Yes, soooooooo much fun to fly a miniature Frigate…

At Least new system encourage a healthier gameplay for those that do care about the size of their personal satisfaction, rather than the older system that was quite the opposite, plus simultaneous removal of access to everyones rating while in the game should help as well. (…)

I can wholeheartedly agree.

I am glad, that its now Pilot rating. Skill Rating did not encourage the best practices. I have also witnessed positive changes, however on a more inter-player-level. I have no idea if this new number balances better tho, so I hope we get notified, once it affects MM, so we can give feedback.

HOWEVER.

Removing the PopUp all together, not showing the Corporation name is the only noticable downside to this.

They could bring that one back pls?

Btw. even T1 being first in a T3 match costs me up to like 200 pts :smiley:

(not saying this was fair teams…)

t1int3.jpg

I must have missed the memo but it seems with this new “Pilot Rating” … changed to where if you kill or DIE by a BOT it counts.

The old way… if you happen to die by BOT it did not affect your “Rating” or if you killed a BOT did not count towards that “Total Ships destroyed” number in your profile.

I guessing that under the new revamped rating system which goes by Efficency … no matter who you kill … HUMAN or BOT it counts ?

SO even being Killed by a BOT means just that you DIED and it COUNTS as a death thus affecting your efficency

I mean lately I have seen more and more “pilots” beeline towards the nearest BOT as normally they seem to be easiest  “Ducks” in a shooting gallery.  

There are 2 factors you have to consider for your new rating:

1. Efficiency score in relation to your team

2. Ship rank you flew

These 2 are the most significant modifiers in calculations, deaths/kills aren’t that critical anymore, as long as you have a score. For example when i had 9500 rating, i had a game, 6v6 where i died about 5 times, but i held ~80% efficiency score of my team in CTP mode, we won the game and i was in plus rating after that. Next game 6v6, I did not die once, I was 2d on aboard, having same efficiency as 1st, him and myself had ~30% of total teams efficiency each, we won the game, and i lost about 80 rating.

no way is 7500 good player. I consider myself average and hover around 9k. anybody who calls themselves good and isn’t at least 10-12k is lying. Any number I can reach is not a good player, it is an average or mediocre player.

no way is 7500 good player. I consider myself average and hover around 9k. anybody who calls themselves good and isn’t at least 10-12k is lying. Any number I can reach is not a good player, it is an average or mediocre player.

What-Minion.gif

Max rating is 9992 or 10k

9k is little above average in T5

What-Minion.gif

Max rating is 9992 or 10k

9k is little above average in T5

if the max rating is 10k then it is highly inaccurate. this game is easy and I haven’t even platooned at all.

if the max rating is 10k then it is highly inaccurate. this game is easy and I haven’t even platooned at all.

:fed014:

squading is bad for your rating.

:fed014:

squading is bad for your rating.

it is in world of tanks, but there are respawns in this game. plus i’m talking about platoon with the optimal ships to maximize my output. engineer and maybe guardship but interchangeable with ecm. If you’re thinking I’d platoon with anybody without them being specifically there to augment me then you are sadly mistaken.

No such thing as a platoon in Star Conflict, and you clearly have no clue how skill rating works. If you’re going to complain, try actually playing the game first.

it is in world of tanks, but there are respawns in this game. plus i’m talking about platoon with the optimal ships to maximize my output. engineer and maybe guardship but interchangeable with ecm. If you’re thinking I’d platoon with anybody without them being specifically there to augment me then you are sadly mistaken.

There are 2 factors you have to consider for your new rating:

1. Efficiency score in relation to your team

2. Ship rank you flew

These 2 are the most significant modifiers in calculations, deaths/kills aren’t that critical anymore, as long as you have a score. For example when i had 9500 rating, i had a game, 6v6 where i died about 5 times, but i held ~80% efficiency score of my team in CTP mode, we won the game and i was in plus rating after that. Next game 6v6, I did not die once, I was 2d on aboard, having same efficiency as 1st, him and myself had ~30% of total teams efficiency each, we won the game, and i lost about 80 rating.

ppl you squad with mostly aren’t Aces so they will be before you in eff board alot… and that’s how you lose rating

No such thing as a platoon in Star Conflict, and you clearly have no clue how skill rating works. If you’re going to complain, try actually playing the game first.

what exactly is a jasan tree?

ppl you squad with mostly aren’t Aces so they will be before you in eff board alot… and that’s how you lose rating

i guess that makes sense

I don’t know how you still call it “skill rating” it has nothing to do with skill.

It is just a measure of how much efficiency you get, and what tier do you play. If you want to farm it, play recon in beacon games.

anybody who calls themselves good and isn’t at least 10-12k is lying.

anybody who calls himself good and points you at his rating is lying aswell.

I don’t know how you still call it “skill rating” it has nothing to do with skill.

It is just a measure of how much efficiency you get, and what tier do you play. If you want to farm it, play recon in beacon games.

I have not preferred interceptors for a long time. When it comes to killing they can be very situational and I prefer something a little more durable for any situation.  The Gunship is the AK-47 of Star Conflict. As soon as I finish the lightbringer I will grit my teeth and begin the federation line, despite my general dislike of T5 federation fighter design because I would like to use bubbles on a gunship without requiring vast modifications for speed first.

of course with that said I can appreciate a good interceptor or two on my team. I usually make it a point to support them as it keeps them alive longer and by proxy, myself, and hence my unnatural lust for killing tacklers.