Developer blog from October 15th: New formula for skill rating

this little fella is little more durable for any situation

gcLpjVa.jpg

What the holly crap is that thing!

How in the hell did you get 102 Energy regen!?

How in the hell did I totally miss something in my builds!

I love the flares for the tackler counter. Three actives dedicated to giving them the finger. Plus the off shoot chance of stopping that LRF from killing your teams combat drones…

Why the double stabilizers, when you strafe won’t it deactivate your double adaptives?

Please O please do respond!

I cannot in to answers :006j:

No!!!

Hmm could I possibly convince you to tease us with your implants?

How in the hell did you get 102 Energy regen!?

Passive Armor

Ahh, I though it was reinforced beams. Shows how often I use those two modules.

Passive armor is a fantastic module. I use it on most of my T5 inties (or really any adaptive build).

It’s possible to have adaptives on while strafing horizontally and vertically at the same time.

OT: David is that you play SC? I always saw it as a child staring into a fish tank.

It is me. My wife got a kick out of my buying myself a big screen for my birthday last year, just for SC.

She put it on her facebook, so I had to put it as my avatar…

I could have sword strafing turned off adaptives, assuming it brought you down past the 110% of max speed.

I guess I have to test this again.

tan plate is passive. i used it on my apollo for a while in conjunction with a cruise module. apollo is a surprisingly good assault craft, especially when there is a friendly engineer somewhere to call home base. Combined with ions and the permanent speed it makes a pretty effective support craft for interceptors. Especially since you can turn completely around off of boost and be coasting fast enough to keep an adaptive on.  You just can’t get into dogfights with interceptors that bind turning to their keyboard.This is something I’ve been curious about trying on federation gunships, so that is the next line i grind the next time i feel like playing star citizen.

I think that a rework of the skill rating system has been needed for some time. I would like to see assist pay off better and credit for beacon capture be given to ships at a further range regardless as to whether they were close enough to directly capture it. Consider the LRF that did put down fire on the beacon, and for all rights did help capture yet he gets nothing. The guy on the beacon wont last long with out its support ships keeping the enemy back. I doubt that you will get it in one try but I am glad to see you are working on it.

My off topic: Frigs have yet to see a damage increase on or anywhere near the level of ceptors and gunships. This puts frig pilots at a very large disadvantage in head to head engagements with smaller ships. Take beam lasers for example, a t3 does 1900 and a t5 does 2100. Yet look at ions that do 1700 at t3 and 2800 at t5. None of the t5 frig weapons have scaled like they have needed to and I would love to see some time put into that.

Fighters and Interceptors have high DPS, but their guns overheat quickly thus can only fire in short burst. Frigates guns may have less DPS on average but can sustain their fire (or hit harder) for much longer and do more damage over time. It’s no wonder that frigates generally do much better in PVE where they can kills lots of NPCs while Fighters and Interceptors struggle to keep up.