Developer blog from October 15th: New formula for skill rating

I know this.  But I still think it’s a flawed idea and system.

Then stop complaining and go to the higher Tiers!

I’ve been playing T3 since the patch, my PS has gone DOWN. I played ONE single T4 match and it went back UP by 200 points. And I was in the middle of the charts, too.

So, if you have almost all the ships in the game, but play T3 for a month, letting everything else rust you will have ~6000 rating. If you play only T1 you can not expect more than 2000 => T5 is 8-10K ?

=> Basically it says which tier do you play mostly and how good you are in it ?
4500 = bad T3 pilot / Good T2 pilot that started in T3 
6000 = good T3 pilot 

for example ?

So, if you have almost all the ships in the game, but play T3 for a month, letting everything else rust you will have ~6000 rating. If you play only T1 you can not expect more than 2000 => T5 is 8-10K ?

6000 = good T3 pilot 

for example ?

Not really. You could be playing always in tier 5 and have less than 8k if you are bad. But no matter how good you are, you will never have more than the rank you are playing.

6000 = good T3 pilot 

for example ?

Something similar, yes. It’s still too early to tell what’s the soft cap for each Tier (or Rank), but they do exist.

PR is now a number that shows how good you are in a certain Tier. For the pilot STILL in progression, that’s a good thing. But if you have T5 ships and still decide to play T3 (as I am, atm), your PR will be MUCH lower and other pilots in higher Tiers can see you as a bad pilot. It’s a double-edged blade for corp recruitment.

So, I play T4 … Tier dies (sadly, the last revive a week ago lasted as much - a week) then I go back to T3, because I hate 2v2 T5 matches and my rating drops to T3 soft cap.

Maybe it is because it is new, but it is way too confusing.

The only problem here is people caring so much about that number holy fish just play the game. I had 1870 of the new rating because I haven’t played in ages and it doesn’t mean I’m less skilled than a guy with 5 or 6k. 

I can’t understand how people are so pissed about this. Just play T5 if you want a big number to boost your epeen, or keep playing lower tiers and keep a “low” number if you don’t give a damn.

But if you have T5 ships and still decide to play T3 (as I am, atm), your PR will be MUCH lower and other pilots in higher Tiers can see you as a bad pilot. It’s a double-edged blade for corp recruitment.

Well, I hope that most corporations out there don’t judge based on profile statistics only :wink:

Apart from that I think it is still a good feature, though it needs some time to ‘settle in’. With the new rating, pilots won’t try to desperately survive and let the team die, just in order to keep their DSR high, etc. Objective gameplay gets a boost. I already observed that (especially in beacon hunt!!!) people actually go for the beacons… some even in LRFs !! That’s new…

And it could also be a motivation for all pilots who want to have a high rating, to actually move up in tiers and create more population in the higher tiers.

Let’s give it some time and see how it fares…

Well, I hope that most corporations out there don’t judge based on profile statistics only :wink:

Apart from that I think it is still a good feature, though it needs some time to ‘settle in’. With the new rating, pilots won’t try to desperately survive and let the team die, just in order to keep their DSR high, etc. Objective gameplay gets a boost. I already observed that (especially in beacon hunt!!!) people actually go for the beacons… some even in LRFs !! That’s new…

And it could also be a motivation for all pilots who want to have a high rating, to actually move up in tiers and create more population in the higher tiers.

Let’s give it some time and see how it fares…

Since the change has not been advertised, and abour 90% of player base don’t know the forum exists, I really doubt that has something to do with the change.

Since the change has not been advertised, and abour 90% of player base don’t know the forum exists, I really doubt that has something to do with the change.

No, those 90% are just off the rockers with happiness their SR just skyrocketed to 3k+, up from 800+.

The only problem here is people caring so much about that number holy fish just play the game.

Will you believe me that I did not even once saw my own profile (and checking my SR) for literally months before I wanted to play some T4 and realizing : If 1300+ then go to lonely town.

I do not care about that value. I am just wondering what (not who) cares about it. (Looking at MM)

After playing some games in T3 and T5 and looking at profiles of some pilots from NASA and “randoms” i use to meet in games it looks like

In T3

___  < 6500 - Below average - average pilots 

6500 - 7000 - Average to good pilots

7000 - 7500 - your Usual Carries

T3 saturates at about 7800, meaning in order to have positive rating at ~7800 you need a win, R9 ship, and about 50% of teams efficiency score (i am not sure, but it feels that game size is accounted as well in some way). Surprisingly deaths are not as critical to final rating, they have some effect, but not the driving force.

In T5 

It looks like 8500 - 9000 range for a Better pilots and for 9000+ exceptionally good/carries

The only problem I have with new rating is that it is very hard to “predict” pilots efficiency in a game because you don’t know in what tier he obtained his rating. You can be terrible T5er with 6500-7000 rating, but in T3 that is fairly good. I mean for corporation applications, at least before you could filter out pilots below certain “mark” so no one wastes their time, neither the applicant nor officer.

I am totally confused on how this is suppose to work. 

Played 7 games last night (T2)   5 wins 2 loss watched it drop from around 3700 to 2900ish  

Kind of figured I started with a low number due to being in T2

What was confusing was even though I was always in the top half (1-4) in ranking on my side each time and even in the games I won that it kept dropping. 

So is it taking the RANKING of ALL my ships I have in Hanger and not just my current 4 ship lineup ?

I begining to wonder if there is a possiblity of going NEGATIVE    :fed013:

( kind of like the Karma system have either  + or - number)    :004j:

Since essentially I am MAX out Level 15 in all factions is this a way of saying “Hey you want HIGH numbers”  get the FUNK out of  of T2-3 and play T5 in order to have this evolutionary 8000+ rating ?  

After playing some games in T3 and T5 and looking at profiles of some pilots from NASA and “randoms” i use to meet in games it looks like

In T3

___  < 6500 - Below average - average pilots 

6500 - 7000 - Average to good pilots

7000 - 7500 - your Usual Carries

T3 saturates at about 7800, meaning in order to have positive rating at ~7800 you need a win, R9 ship, and about 50% of teams efficiency score (i am not sure, but it feels that game size is accounted as well in some way).

Untrue and let me tell you why. I started out with ~5800 in T3. I am now standing at ~5600 because my rating has been declining and going downhill since I started playing in T3. It has NOT gone up, no matter what I do.

And, so far, my scores have been 1.1-1.8 times larger than the second score. Course I’ve also died a few times and have only played with the Ricasso, so far. My fit has grown more OP, thanks to resi.

Every tier (or ship rank?) has a saturation level if you are above or at that point due to playing higher tiers, means that it is exponentially harder to keep positive rating gains. For example if i go to T1 right now, with my 8260 rating, even if i stomp the crap out of every thing, 30+ kilsl, 99% of teams efficiency in 12v12 game, no deaths, win i will lose rating, and not just lose but drop gonna be huge, up to 500 rating per game. 

This is not how it use to work, where it was driven by yoru deaths, forget about old system, new system is driven by the rank you fly in and your performance in relation to your team’s performance (i.e. efficiency score).

Untrue and let me tell you why. I started out with ~5800 in T3. I am now standing at ~5600 because my rating has been declining and going downhill since I started playing in T3. It has NOT gone up, no matter what I do.

And, so far, my scores have been 1.1-1.8 times larger than the second score. Course I’ve also died a few times and have only played with the Ricasso, so far. My fit has grown more OP, thanks to resi.

Ricasso is an R8 ship, R9 ship should have higher saturation curve (i assume standard prems are counted as top ranks as well in this, but god knows, maybe it is based by MM rank)

I started with 7970 in T3, after ~30 games i got settled in around 7500, but i have to perform very-very well to not go down. Looking at other “regular” guys i use to fly in T3 in my timezone, and knowing how well they perform usually, they got settled at around 7000-7500 as well, with some of those that never play for win, but for kills getting down to 6000 while they use to have ~1800SR

Plus here is an idea, maybe you are at the rating you belong…

He is from WPK!

He belong at over 9000 rating!

In T5 

It looks like 8500 - 9000 range for a Better pilots and for 9000+ exceptionally good/carries

I tryharded too much the last few weeks cause of the MM to tryhard again to reach this.

What is disturbing me with the new SR is the fact it’s taking efficiency in count unregarding what you did during a battle.

When you blocked ennemie’s movement for 2-3 (went to 6 minutes) because you are blocking them out of the objectives, literraly offering the game to your teammates but not rewarded in adequency, it’s more than frustrating.

Ricasso is an R8 ship, R9 ship should have higher saturation curve (i assume standard prems are counted as top ranks as well in this, but god knows, maybe it is based by MM rank)

I started with 7970 in T3, after ~30 games i got settled in around 7500, but i have to perform very-very well to not go down. Looking at other “regular” guys i use to fly in T3 in my timezone, and knowing how well they perform usually, they got settled at around 7000-7500 as well, with some of those that never play for win, but for kills getting down to 6000 while they use to have ~1800SR

I’m not an “average” pilot. My old rating swayed between 1450-1650. My scores were still above all the other participants in the matches I was in and it STILL went down.

So, either Premium ships have “Premium MM” again, or something in your logic is amiss. Just because I’m using F2P ships, I should get a lower score? Seriously?

He is from WPK!

He belong at over 9000 rating!

Absolutely not. I’m utter shaite compared to pilots like Kurdi or megaderper.

I’m not an “average” pilot. My old rating swayed between 1450-1650. My scores were still above all the other participants in the matches I was in and it STILL went down.

Yes, because ~1550 rating is a clear indication that one is not average, again couple guys i meet a lot, that use to have 1800 rating went down to 6000 while me having average 1600 stayed at 7000-7500, I guess it is about how you play.

So, either Premium ships have “Premium MM” again, or something in your logic is amiss. Just because I’m using F2P ships, I should get a lower score? Seriously?

Dyslexia strikes again?

Ricasso is RANK 8 ship, and it looks like each rank has its own rating saturation point, the higher the rank, the higher saturation mark (maybe it looking at your hangar and averages out of 4 ships, maybe it only counts ships you flew, dunno this)

OK. So everybody is just inclined to their e-peeing.

The only way they can make me care about the rating more than how much fun I get from a match is if they incorporate it again like the famous 1300 barrier in T4/5.