Developer blog from October 15th: New formula for skill rating

The problem with the new rating is when you have bad teammates and loosing the battle, this equals in a rating loss.

Not really, except you’re worse than your entire bad team.

The only ship class that needs a buff is the fighters

Especially gunships or what? >.<

Fighters don’t need buffs. They just need more toys to play with. They are the middle between interceptors and frigates after all and they have had more time for research since the advent of space travel.

Fighters don’t need buffs. They just need more toys to play with. They are the middle between interceptors and frigates after all and they have had more time for research since the advent of space travel.

more modules for all ships are always good. i bet this is planned anyway  :00999: 

I think CovOps Orion should be toned down a notch, rather than buffing fighters as a whole or frigates.

Ships which are underpowered and need a huge buff:

Covert Ops

ECM

Gunship

/sarcasm off

I think this change will be good, cant be worse than the current system we have. I always valued more average efficiency per battle than that precious DSR. It is only logical to reward player that focus on team play and care about objective. Your rating should be tied to what you can accomplish in a battle rather than how many kill without dying you can get in a battle.

I think CovOps Orion should be toned down a notch, rather than buffing fighters as a whole or frigates.

Noooo leave my Covert Ops alone!!

Infact it needes to be buffed to 200% for the whole game xD

Ships which are underpowered and need a huge buff:

Covert Ops

ECM

Gunship

/sarcasm off

the gunship needes its 15 sec overdrive back XD

Damn you. But yes, I agree with you. I’m hitting folks in T3 for 6k crits with Orion…

Damn you. But yes, I agree with you. I’m hitting folks in T3 for 6k crits with Orion…

if you do that mutch damige it means their resistance is xxxx

Where do the new skill rating matter? Match Making ? Or just bragging rights ? Thank you.

if you do that mutch damige it means their resistance is xxxx

That’s against Jericho Frigates, so very likely.

So, the following will be considered in the new skill rating calculations:

1. Your efficiency relative to maximum efficiency in the team. If you are about average compared to your team, or even at the top — that’s a plus, since it increases the coefficient during rating calculation.
  2. The number of deaths in combat. The less you are taken down in the fight, the higher the rating grows. Try not to die!
  3. Team’s victory or loss. If you see that the team is losing, you need to earn as much personal effectiveness to break from the average value of the team and then rating loss will be negligible.

Then fix the match maker, and allow standard top of the tier ships to be flown without fear off being placed in a higher tiered battle.  It is much harder to not die against higher tiers, any pilot will agree.  If this new skill rating is to be the “new standard” for your game, then you need to ensure it’s not broken due to simple match making mechanics. 

The new system just stinks.

I did great, no kills but tons of assist.

Engineers don’t get rewarded. Also this would have been nice it is was mentioned in the patch notes today. :01414:

Since was implemented in todays patch.

the only thing that matters is win rate and the manner in which it is procured.

Hereby we announce that the new skill rating system is already enabled! 

• now everyone has the starting values of rating 

• starting values ​​are different and they depend on the previous activity of players 

• within 2-3 days (assuming sufficiently active playing) ratings will automatically come to normal values 

Yay. Transparency.

Then fix the match maker, and allow standard top of the tier ships to be flown without fear off being placed in a higher tiered battle.  It is much harder to not die against higher tiers, any pilot will agree.  If this new skill rating is to be the “new standard” for your game, then you need to ensure it’s not broken due to simple match making mechanics. 

I’m happy about the MM changes, it is wrong that you can just be always top tier with your ships and farm low tier ships. It should be like in WT or World of Tanks, where you can be top tier, or bottom tier depending on your luck.

Of course, I would like that premium ships loss their premium Matchmaking as well. It is not fair for people to face a 4 men veteran squad in rank 8, just because they have full rank 9 premium ships.

Those guys should be playing against rank 10 and 11 (and winning no matter what)

Those guys should be playing against rank 10 and 11 (and winning no matter what)

No, they shouldn’t, even not the R9.

R8/9 vs R10 is ok, but against R11 it becomes unfair.

Another thing is that so often you get an almost full T3 team vs a full T4 team, where is this fair?

You’re happy about the changes because your high-tier gameplay is more comfortable now, more wins, faster MM. But keep in mind that not everyone likes that, especially because this should be a solution, but it isn’t, it’s even more worse now.