Destroyers - restrict them to PvE and Open Space

12 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Judging my character and mental capabilities, without knowing me, is just plain stupid and immature. My self-gain was never my primary interest.

We had never met and it should stay like that, but keep your image of me for yourself and worry about yourself instead, okay?

• Koromac:
  • 3,761 posts

Even half of that is enough to make a fair assesment, people make living by doing this, and the kind person I am, helping you here for free.

You are welcome.

1 hour ago, Swifter43021 said:

That’s why he want that nobody get r14 destroyers, because he don’t want to spend more time to get time so nobody should have it.

Anyway. Asking to remove a whole class because you don’t like it is mean and stupid at the same time. What’s the point of farming for 1 year to get a ship useless in PvP in a PvP based game ?

And do you even know how many thousands of dollars destroyers now represent ? Between the months spent to design them (a team of 3d designers and devs), or the players who spent all their GS on it ?

They’ll nerf it if needed, but they won’t remove them. Deal with it.

Making assumptions like that, is not really accurate. I never stated that Destroyers should be nerfed or removed from the game altogether.

I understand, how Destroyers are programmed and designed to work, at least on basic level. I am sure that Doomb0t will be proud of his achievements.

It would actually be funny to see, how much money or GS someone spent in this game, then we can talk, who actually contributed to them in general. Sadly, it’s not possible.

24 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Making assumptions like that, is not really accurate. I never stated that Destroyers should be nerfed or removed from the game altogether.

I understand, how Destroyers are programmed and designed to work, at least on basic level. I am sure that Doomb0t will be proud of his achievements.

It would actually be funny to see, how much money or GS someone spent in this game, then we can talk, who actually contributed to them in general. Sadly, it’s not possible.

You’re asking to remove destroyers from PvP in a PvP game. This is the same as asking to remove them totally. 

Who will spend so much time to craft a destroyer if it’s to use it only in PVE?

And create a mode made specifically for them? Why? To separate even more the players in different game modes, and finish with another unplayed mode? 

Nah, you’ll get used to r14 destroyers. And if you don’t, you can play t2.

Anyway many peoples like destroyers. 

And even if you paid 3 thousands dollars on this game, it doesn’t makes you above other players in any way.

I’ll add that destroyers obviously gave much more money to SC then yourself alone. So if someone who contributed a bit more don’t like destroyers, it doesn’t matter. MMO != one player. 

Contribution is not always measured in money ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Wah wah wah. I have spent a fortune to get my desie and sadly I still get owned by a team of inties. I really disagree with your suggestion.

The ecm nerfs the crap out of a desie. All modules go into cool down with 2 of the ecms active modules. Many times I never get to use my modules due to the cool down times. The thing is I often see R11 desies in a R15 match. I am qued solo with only r15 ships in my load out.

Desies have already infiltrated r15 PVP which makes not releasing the r14 desies suggestion pointless. Further more to remove them from pvp would effectively be like stealing hard earned cash from me and many others who paid for the parts to make these overpriced ships.

What happened to you Koromac? You been pro Nerf lately. You used to suggest good things. I am really disappointed in you man.

35 minutes ago, MassHomicide said:

Wah wah wah. I have spent a fortune to get my desie and sadly I still get owned by a team of inties. I really disagree with your suggestion.

The ecm nerfs the crap out of a desie. All modules go into cool down with 2 of the ecms active modules. Many times I never get to use my modules due to the cool down times. The thing is I often see R11 desies in a R15 match. I am qued solo with only r15 ships in my load out.

Desies have already infiltrated r15 PVP which makes not releasing the r14 desies suggestion pointless. Further more to remove them from pvp would effectively be like stealing hard earned cash from me and many others who paid for the parts to make these overpriced ships.

What happened to you Koromac? You been pro Nerf lately. You used to suggest good things. I am really disappointed in you man.

I mentioned no nerfs whatsoever. Increasing the cost is not a nerf, but only the means of postponing the inevitable doom. Rank 14 Destroyers are not Rank 11!

The sooner they come out, the sooner the game will become unplayable or favorable only to one side - Dessie owners.

DESU, Ninja, NASA, NOVA, etc.

People will get crushed against such corporations and it’s going to be a shitstorm again!

I do not like it as well, but I think that many more players will leave, due to Dessie spam in the end-tiers. How can you not see this? Game will deteriorate in general even further!

Says the guy who has everything. Increasing the cost is a nerf. It nerfs progress. It only hurts the N{}{}bs. Most long term players have a huge stock pile of everything waiting for next item to be released. It wont affect the vets at all hardly. We need to make things easier to obtain for the fresher players to make thing fair. I feel sorry for all the fresh people who never had a chance to get things when it was easier.

All the people you mention will have it regardless of any rate hike. Your suggestion is only gonna hurt the people who have a life and not infinite time to grind.

On 9/12/2016 at 5:55 AM, Koromac said:

I mentioned no nerfs whatsoever. Increasing the cost is not a nerf, but only the means of postponing the inevitable doom. Rank 14 Destroyers are not Rank 11!

The sooner they come out, the sooner the game will become unplayable or favorable only to one side - Dessie owners.

DESU, Ninja, NASA, NOVA, etc.

People will get crushed against such corporations and it’s going to be a shitstorm again!

I do not like it as well, but I think that many more players will leave, due to Dessie spam in the end-tiers. How can you not see this? Game will deteriorate in general even further!

Koro this is very good idea … 10 x + …  IMO Destroyer spam destroyed tournaments, pvp … If u like to stand in one place and shoot go play Dreadnought and Fractured space.

However people already invested time and money in this  class … But to limit number of destroyers to only one per team in pvp, scl and  tournaments  will be good move. 

26 minutes ago, maxer001 said:

Koro this is very good idea … 10 x + …  IMO Destroyer spam destroyed tournaments, pvp … If u like to stand in one place and shoot go play Dreadnought and Fractured space.

However people already invested time and money in this  class … But to limit number of destroyers to only one per team in pvp, scl and  tournaments  will be good move. 

What a stupid idea. Then limit every role to one only. There’s no reason to have only one destroyer per team.

Destroyers die so fast anyway. 300 survivability is 10 seconds with 3 players a 3k dps explosive damage. And they can’t regen effectively. 

You don’t like them? Equip items to kill them. 

To limit only one role to ONE!!! For u very good idea is 7,8 vs 7,8 destros in tournament matches? If I want to play that kind of game I will play Dreadnought or Fractured space.  Fast … ??? How much faster then “normal classes” ??? And all enemy players will wait while  u do that? Game is completely different with damn destro swarm… Probably this is good for pilots who don’t have coordination to fly normally because they only know to click left mouse button right …

But that is good for devs (Money) and guys with cerebral paralysis!

Equip items to kill them. 

One more SC Guru. O thank u for enlightenment …

If enemy team has 8 destroyer in tournament - draw them out. If they want to win, they need to come. Easy as that.
If they have 7- destroyer, focus on the non-destroyer.
But hey? The Ace will want to go through the wall! Why we don’t nerf frigates too? They are way to durable for the Ace inty/fighter!

3 hours ago, maxer001 said:

Game is completely different with damn destro swarm

If they add cruisers, it’ll be the same. If they add drones or infantry, the game will be different too. But why is it a problem ? 

Let me tell you something, different isn’t a bad thing. The only problem of destroyers for me is the black hole. Try the new alien weapons who are powerful against destroyers (they kill their active modules easily -> destroy their hull), or use explosive damage.

BTW destroyers cost more credit for repair then what you get for winning.

Why not restrict ECMs from PvP instead? You know they are much more annoying ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) And everyone can have them, as they are not hidden behind a paywall/grindwall. The matchmaking system puts the same number of players with destroyers i both teams. But if one team spams ECMs that the other team doesn’t have, they usually win a regular PvP. (this part is only half sarcastic, I really hate ECMs ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) )

I have both Federation destroyers and I only use them ocasionally, mostly in Spec-Ops, without being restricted the use of them in PvP. 4 ships slots are barely enough to fill all the roles I’d like to cover in a match without a clunky destroyer to take up one of them. The Desto hype is dead and the only problem I see is destro spam in tourneys. A few months after r14 destroyers hit, it’s gonna be the same. While fighting against destroyers in PvP is annoying, I wouldn’t restrict their use. They created a new role for a ship to play in a game and unless there is more than 4 of them deployed, the game is fine. The devs could perhaps create some new maps that would balance the use of destroyers better (add more cover for example) but removing them from one of the most important parts of the game is just silly.

They should make monocrystals a lot easier to obtain so most players can get their hands on a destroyer, get quickly bored of using it and then return to the classic trio of interceptors, fighters and frigates. What else does a pilot need in PvP anyway? ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)   

We should restrict Engineers to PvE only - in PvP they are annoying, they don’t let enemies dies - and that is the opposite what Arcade fun is - everyone should die!

On 9/11/2016 at 8:13 PM, Marcs25 said:

-1 People still whine about destroyers??? I’m sorry but if you honestly think the devs would even consider restricting a ship class because some players find them “unfair” or “unwelcome” then I got news for you, it just doesn’t work that way. Yes Destroyers are a annoyance sometimes in pvp, but I don’t really think there is much more than that from them. Everyone is not gonna quit with rank 14 coming out, i myself have been waiting for them actually even if I play a majority of t5 right now. Most people I have seen “quit” because of destroyers have come back, honestly nobody believes the bluff anymore, you will come back, eventually everyone does. They are part of the game now, we all gotta live with them. Just quit the crying already.

Completely agree with it!, in a real life battle in the order of survivabilty (high to low) : interceptors > fighters > destroyers > frigates

NOTE: a good frigate build can still kill a destroyer easily if the pilot knows how, otherwise destroyers can hold frigates back, but definetly not a inty or fighter!

rank 14 destroyers will ruin high tier gameplay as it is  currently known, forcing everybody to switch to fast builds with aoe weapons. or preferrably destroyers. It wouldn’t be so bad if their abilities had friendly fire, I remember when the beam had friendly fire, it made intelligence important for using that suppression ability but ultimately rewarding.  They took away the friendly fire presumably to cater to their core customers and I presume this for how heavily destroyers are integrated into the economic model that consists of gachapon crates.

I have finally a destroyer now! And they are xxxx!!! Yes ,thats true, your feared destros are complete and utter xxxx. Tey are unable to strafe, and its a pain to manouvre them since they dont follow the same logic of movement as the other ships. Its true you kill everything, but thats no good if u struggle to get where you want to go.

SO, make destros easier to fly, then u can complain. As now, only an insane masochsist will fly these bricks in Space!

5 minutes ago, theNoob said:

I have finally a destroyer now! And they are xxxx!!! Yes ,thats true, your feared destros are complete and utter xxxx. Tey are unable to strafe, and its a pain to manouvre them since they dont follow the same logic of movement as the other ships. Its true you kill everything, but thats no good if u struggle to get where you want to go.

SO, make destros easier to fly, then u can complain. As now, only an insane masochsist will fly these bricks in Space!

Press Ctrl. You get both strafe and manoeuvrability.

You’re welcome 

Destroyers are east to kill with ecm and a covert ops. Don’t know what the fuss is about.

whyuno LET THE DESSY ALONE damn it ><"!