destroyers need a new module

since destroyer modules became assembled, the destroyers have become significantly less intuitive to fight (all use the same modules), so i was thinking “what if there were 5 different modules to purchase, rather than 4?”. if a new dessie module was added to all ranks, it would add some new gameplay aspects, i’m thinking the new module should highlight the support job of destroyers, here are some ideas, tell me what you think

-shield reinforcer

a turret-like device that automatically regenerates the shields of the ally with the least shields within range, on activation the device will provide the currently selected ally with a temporary shield, can only be activated when it has a target.

-plasmid projector

this device fires a slow moving anomaly which drains energy and shields from enemies, and gives energy and shields to allies.

-“tremor” minelayer drone

on activation, spawns a drone which will spawn mines around the map, drone cannot attack.

Destroyers are already enough OP.

this would fix that, it would make destroyers more like a support ship than a gunboat. also, if it is purchased and not made then destroyer combat will become less monotonous

Destroyers should be moved for other game mode, something like destroyers vs cruisers vs carriers…

2 hours ago, aldermatias said:

Destroyers should be moved for other game mode, something like destroyers vs cruisers vs carriers…

put these comments where they belong, please. this is a suggestion to improve the meta, NOT one of your public circle-jerks

1 hour ago, evo888 said:

put these comments where they belong, please. this is a suggestion to improve the meta, NOT one of your public circle-jerks

This wasn’t a “public circle-jerk”.

10 hours ago, aldermatias said:

Good idea, heavy battle.

On 2017-07-25 at 3:48 AM, AKmatiAK said:

Good idea, heavy battle.

On 2017-07-24 at 5:05 PM, aldermatias said:

think about how it would affect the game if another mode was just added to make a few crybabies who can’t restrategize happy

On 2017-07-19 at 8:59 AM, AKmatiAK said:

Destroyers are already enough OP.

destroyers are not “OP”, Ace. they are monotonous to fight because every single one has the same f*cking load-out, destroyers are not a “one size fits all” ship, they need more standard options

They need to be removed or limitted.

On 19.7.2017 at 3:25 AM, evo888 said:

since destroyer modules became assembled, the destroyers have become significantly less intuitive to fight (all use the same modules), so i was thinking “what if there were 5 different modules to purchase, rather than 4?”. if a new dessie module was added to all ranks

evo88: we have the 2 concepts of modules: active and passive. But from what you say I assume you meant to adress the active module situation in destroyers, right?

For that it is to say that my

* rank 8 destroyer has 6 active modules

* rank 11 dest. has 8 different act. modules

* rank 14 dest. has 11 different act. modules

to choose from for the 4 active module slots in all destroyers of all ranks.

Could you please specify what you meant, exactly?

1 hour ago, AKmatiAK said:

They need to be removed or limitted.

Flying destroyers made it possible to experience an new “cruise feeling” and “tactical feeling” in SC – that in itself was marvellous right from the start.

Look at the statistics: it was the “Age of Destroyers” that produced the biggest increase in player response and number of players since 2014 – destroyers will & should stay. ![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”)

37 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Look at the statistics: it was the “Age of Destroyers” that produced the biggest increase in player response and number of players since 2014 – destroyers will & should stay. ![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”)

And after that decreased it to lowest amount…

I am not that super great destroyer fan boy, actually I mostly fly them in Open Space because of the survivability. In regard to the proposed DLC and/or GS premium modules for the destroyers of the 3 standard factions:

On 19.7.2017 at 3:25 AM, evo888 said:

-shield reinforcer

a turret-like device that automatically regenerates the shields of the ally with the least shields within range, on activation the device will provide the currently selected ally with a temporary shield, can only be activated when it has a target.

-plasmid projector

this device fires a slow moving anomaly which drains energy and shields from enemies, and gives energy and shields to allies.

-“tremor” minelayer drone

on activation, spawns a drone which will spawn mines around the map, drone cannot attack. …

#1 -shield reinforcer: this is a variant of the “Multiphase shield” active destroyer multipurpose module which increases shield resistances. I would go with resistances module not with more shield volume module. Would be cool to have a Premium Multiphase shield as DLC or for GS with enhanced parameters, should i_ncrease free synergy gain by 10% and doesn’t break._ 

#2 -plasmid projector: a nice variant of photon emitter/gravitational_lense. Should be really slow and should be vulnerable to fire (can be shot down) and should explode on contact. Should also be a weapon against other destroyers. Long cooldown, rather slow moving speed, high damage to big targets: in other words a Premium Unguided Heavy Destroyer Missile , should i_ncrease free synergy gain by 10% and doesn’t break._

#3 -“tremor” minelayer drone: I like that mixed. The Minelayer Drone should not automatically place mines across the battlefield. It would only be cool if one could select the area of the battlefield in which the drone should operate atuomatically (e.g. a path) from the map by left click, with auto respawn every 5 min or so. Or, alternately, it rather could weave mines around the (moving) destroyer. Mines should be hackable by Interceptor:ECM active module: System Hack, which converts mines in a radius to your side. Chance that it could be exploited to deny beacons, but on the other hand an interceptor ecm could hack them , convert them to own friendly mines and even destroy the destroyer that is sitting duck inside its own minefield, should i_ncrease free synergy gain by 10% and doesn’t break._

Your proposals triggered these ideas of mine:

In DLC and/or for GS I would rather buy a Premium Energy Router (=the destroyers special module). Its like a combination of (parts) of your ideas into the “G”-key special module “Energy router” that is faction-role specific and available in all destroyers of all ranks:

#A - Empire Premium Energy Router: Reroutes energy flow in ship systems. Allows to select between increasing max speed by 22% , weapon damage by 22% , or restoring 270pts of shield volume per second. On activation drains 100en energy pts. Passively restores hulls by 96 pts/s in a range of 3000m.  Increases free synergy gain by 5%, doesn’t break (lowering repair costs).

#B - Federation Premium Energy Router: Reroutes energy flow in ship systems. Allows to select between increasing max speed by 33% , weapon damage by 14% , or restoring 270pts of shield volume per second. On activation drains 100en energy pts. Passively restores shields by 130 pts/s in a range of 3000m.  Increases free synergy gain by 5%, doesn’t break (lowering repair costs).

#C - Jericho Premium Energy Router: Reroutes energy flow in ship systems. Allows to select between increasing max speed by 22% , weapon damage by 14% , or restoring 420pts of shield volume per second. On activation drains 100en energy pts. Passively restores energy by 110 pts/s in a range of 3000m.  Increases free synergy gain by 5%, doesn’t break (lowering repair costs).

1 hour ago, AKmatiAK said:

And after that decreased it to lowest amount…

Look at the facts: the lowest amount of playerbase ever was obviously caused by Thar’Ga/Tai’Kin OP-madness and consecutive coming of kill-rate farming … All the turbulence and nerfs and buffs of destroyers did raise interest and held up hopes, with elly super-op ships (like the “one man army Taikin”) … 'nother story!

3 hours ago, avarshina said:

evo88: we have the 2 concepts of modules: active and passive. But from what you say I assume you meant to adress the active module situation in destroyers, right?

For that it is to say that my

* rank 8 destroyer has 6 active modules

* rank 11 dest. has 8 different act. modules

* rank 14 dest. has 11 different act. modules

to choose from for the 4 active module slots in all destroyers of all ranks.

Could you please specify what you meant, exactly?

regarding this, the problem is that the r8 variant has too few modules. and even less considering that 33.33% of said modules are only really available to people with money, if there were 5 active modules that you could just up and buy it would add more destroyer styles to the fight, leading to more intuitive combat. i like the suggestions that you made for my 3 modules, i hope that the devs look into it

other possible modules:

-S.F.D.D. (stasis field deployment device)

launches a device 4km in the selected direction, then the device will arm itself and immobilize the first target to come into range for a second or two. (the devs can change up the numbers)

-“Grendell” P.D.S.

launches a drone that will move in a direction before stopping, arming itself, and then the drone begins to shoot down missiles (has a long range, slow firerate though)

i don’t know how the unique special modules would be implemented though

Just now, evo888 said:

i don’t know how the unique special modules would be implemented though

As modules for the active module slots, perhaps?

maybe

Ok but I would love more team-based modules for destroyers. They are so massive you should be able to put literally anything on them. It would be stupid simple to magnify engineering devices and equip them on a destroyer. Maybe like a turret that acts like a quickly reloading Gremlin Drone beam to heal allies at a distance. That would be epic.