Destroyers balancing

I came up with some ideas most people will not like but regardless i wanna hear some opinions about it.

So, since the plasma arc destroys pretty much every module in one go in most cases, i had this idea about the thrusters on a destroyer (the parts that help it rotate and stuff).
1- Would it make sense to make them into independent “modules” so they too can be blown out?

2- One life per destroyer regardless of the game mode?

3- Two active destroyers per team instead of 3?

4- A system that could allow more than 2 or 3 players in a team with destroyers installed in slots, but limiting the active numbers of destroyers in usage so others have to wait to use theirs until one of their teammates die in one?

5- Instead of aim assist aiming at the middle of a destroyer, should it focus on the elements/modules?

Just came to think of…

6- Remove them altogether?

8 minutes ago, OmegaFighter said:

Just came to think of…

i-dont-know-man-sometimes-i-dont-want-to

1 hour ago, OmegaFighter said:

Just came to think of…

AGREE!!!

None.

Come on guys. Now that the Ellydium ships are there, destroyers are nothing.

I did the test. Thar ga can down a sirius from full to zero within 8 seconds. 

Yep, you heard me right. 8 seconds. A single overdrive while using Alien intuition, and you’ve killed a sirius.

By yourself alone, without any buff or whatsoever. 

15-20 seconds for  vigilant/tyrant is enough.

If you guys would spend more time trying to shoot modules on a destroyers you would know that 5 is already implemented and each module has an aim assist on it.

Just now, xKostyan said:

If you guys would spend more time trying to shoot modules on a destroyers you would know that 5 is already implemented and each module has an aim assist on it.

I didn’t notice tbh, just had a mild suspicion while playing vigil.

How about this:

7.Remove the whole game and the universe itself as our existence is pointless and nothing but an endless torment in order to prove ourselves being special but either way we all end the same way,dead,cold and alone in this vast universe as nothing but insignificant particles.But yeah you could also try dodging their fire and modules or whatever I don’t really care now leave me alone.

1 minute ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

How about this:

7.Remove the whole game and the universe itself as our existence is pointless and nothing but an endless torment in order to prove ourselves being special but either way we all end the same way,dead,cold and alone in this vast universe as nothing but insignificant particles.But yeah you could also try dodging their fire and modules or whatever I don’t really care now leave me alone.

Nah

The obvious solution to this problem is 

stairway-37.jpg

number 2 sounds great, just dont limit the number of destroyers in a match, because thats when i uninstall the game

Just now, MiniCoflict said:

number 2 sounds great, just dont limit the number of destroyers in a match, because thats when i uninstall the game

Then you have already uninstalled the game right ?

Because destroyers are limited to 3 per team.

As much as i like jokes I would like to see some votes too, i did not do this for myself namely, it’s for the “less fortunate”. For all i care i can torture anyone forever and however i want in pvp if i want but i would like a bigger playerbase, so please, feedback first, jokes last this time.

1 minute ago, ORCA1911 said:

As much as i like jokes I would like to see some votes too, i did not do this for myself namely, it’s for the “less fortunate”. For all i care i can torture anyone forever and however i want in pvp if i want but i would like a bigger playerbase, so please, feedback first, jokes last this time.

Problem is that 4 is impossible to do. What if I’m in capture the beacon, and my last ship remaining is a destroyer, but I can’t use it ?

What if I have only a destroyer equipped ?

1 is effective only against sirius, which suffer quite a lot about the NY and Ellydium guns.

2 Same as 4. What if I have only a destroyer ?

And I still don’t understand all that ruktus about destroyer. I can definitely agree that they are OP. But, at the exception of vigilant because of it’s ridiculous laser, you can ignore them. 

And if blackhole bother you, then fly something that can disable them.

IMO the main topic should be about standard ship balancing. 

Easy, vote 3, 5 or none then. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Hey, don’t look at me, just trying to provide a solution to a very common semi-problem based on my own experience. I like a fat score just as anyone else here. lol

2 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Kosty, what is it that the target (a dessy module, e.g. wormhole projector) has a aim assist on it, do you mean an assistence for the opponent to hit one’s dessy module?

13 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Easy, vote 3, 5 or none then. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Hey, don’t look at me, just trying to provide a solution to a very common semi-problem based on my own experience. I like a fat score just as anyone else here. lol

Agree, more only 5 for me, maybe 3 if not the re-balance (again) of the MatchMaker routines are too complicated, because there are other things to do atm, I guess.

I think 1 life per destroyer is reasonable considering that IF I get killed using it then maybe I should change my approach anyway.

2 hours ago, avarshina said:

Kosty, what is it that the target (a dessy module, e.g. wormhole projector) has a aim assist on it, do you mean an assistence for the opponent to hit one’s dessy module?

yes if you have AimAssist ON (and you should) in options game will help you to a certain degree to hit each destructuble module on a desstroyer, it works the same way as you get aim assisted when aim and shoot in the leading marker (and couple pixels outside of it too)

20 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

I think 1 life per destroyer is reasonable considering that IF I get killed using it then maybe I should change my approach anyway.

… you have the much longer time-to-wait until respwan…

Picked 4. No matter how it’s made, the general idea is alright. But “none” was in my mind. Also, i would have definitly picked choice number1 if it had been, thrusters burning down inties xD, to counter plasma arc. Same way FS cruiser burn us down.