Destroyers balancing

I appreciate the feedback people, keep it comin’, feels almost as if we are working together for something ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

23 hours ago, OmegaFighter said:

Just came to think of…

6- Remove them altogether?

agreed.

20 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

Come on guys. Now that the Ellydium ships are there, destroyers are nothing.

I did the test. Thar ga can down a sirius from full to zero within 8 seconds. 

Yep, you heard me right. 8 seconds. A single overdrive while using Alien intuition, and you’ve killed a sirius.

Sounds like you need to prove it. . . . 8 seconds the dps would need to be closer to 15-20K 

13 hours ago, CptDoss said:

thrusters burning down inties xD, to counter plasma arc. Same way FS cruiser burn us down.

Lol, so on a vigilant avoid the instant hit weapon travel up to 9k to reach one, avoid all 1 shot modules that kill cov ops.  Knowing that cov ops have the lowest tank in the game. And then you add damage from engines to covops because they might be able to plasma ark you.  

27 minutes ago, AdamWest said:

8 seconds the dps would need to be closer to 15-20K 

t1KQ9vP.png

over 26,000 effective DPS.

24 minutes ago, AdamWest said:

Lol, so on a vigilant avoid the instant hit weapon travel up to 9k to reach one, avoid all 1 shot modules that kill cov ops.  Knowing that cov ops have the lowest tank in the game. And then you add damage from engines to covops because they might be able to plasma ark you.  

Don’t forget how much time you need to weld that arc into it to make modules go boom.

I like 5- but I would modify it to have a sort of a scroll through feature, where you could cycle through the targetable modules with like, X and Z or something.

Ex: Pressing X would cycle forward through the targetable features: main superstructure -> capacitor -> wormhole projector -> photon launcher -> tempest launcher -> etc etc. Pressing Z would cycle backwards.

Obviously, if the target is behind the superstructure relative to the shooter it would just damage the overall destro and not the structure - and the targeting reticle would change accordingly to indicate that the target is occluded.

This would make it easier to select a certain module to pick off from long ranges like in a gauss gunship.

4 hours ago, Mecronmancer said:

I like 5- but I would modify it to have a sort of a scroll through feature, where you could cycle through the targetable modules with like, X and Z or something.

Ex: Pressing X would cycle forward through the targetable features: main superstructure -> capacitor -> wormhole projector -> photon launcher -> tempest launcher -> etc etc. Pressing Z would cycle backwards.

Yes, right, that would be reasonable. I guess that this is already in place: <Pick Any Target> key in /Options/Key-bindings, imho.

On 09/01/2017 at 0:53 PM, AdamWest said:

If he stand right on my xxxx pop arc and stay there till it goes on cooldown. He deserve being burned. Cov Ops are great, and are effective. You make it sound like they are weak, and because of it easy to counter which is not the case not more than any otehr class and types. 1 shot modules that kill cov ops??? where does that came from. Survival? that mode is the same for everything. not only cov ops. Evade that 9km insta-hit, well we all inties has to do this, not only cov ops.

But Adam, you  could take the good side of my comment and see it as a chance to, get even better than you already are and as a challenge to surpass. And of course i wouldn’t give it the range of the FS cruiser. Just 200 meters or so. Enought so that cov ops has to use his Arc in coordination with his brain. And not just sit and pop.

Would be cool to have an indicator about what mod is on the destroyer and where when you’re close enough. Like 2km

del

On 1/9/2017 at 1:18 PM, Mecronmancer said:

t1KQ9vP.png

well xxxx.

On 09/01/2017 at 8:18 PM, Mecronmancer said:

t1KQ9vP.png

not 26k dps more 11k end 26k dps until full overheating ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

and you need to have your Alien inutuition module up .

the other point , for match making with T5 destroyer , the only to balance the game is to wait a Thar’Ga ship (full Mk4 /5 and full synergie ) on our team … the balance not be only based only on a new last ship that a few people get it early .

My 2cts , on T3 destroyer are pretty well balanced . a team without destroyer can encouter a team with destroyer

on T4 , its above 50/50

on T5 , destroyer can only encouters destroyers and that it , the dev. need to focus and make some changes

" 2- One life per destroyer regardless of the game mode"

that make sense , may be a good way to add more strategy and teamplay

1 hour ago, AdamWest said:

you are implying that cov ops are the hardest to counter more than any other class : what i said —>  Cov Ops are great, and are effective. Then, later i say–>  which is not the case not more than any otehr class and type. That mean not harder nor easier.

You have to worry about ping, speed, possible near by enemys that will target your slowed ship, close tackler, ECM stun, and many more.  But no lets make it worse for that player) Who doesn’t have to worry about all that? Yea a good Arc’ing can be hard but are you suppose make it perfect everytime no matter the circumstances?

1 shot modules that kill cov ops??? where does that came from. Survival? (Nope) (The ehp of alot of interceptors is 10K find a weapon module that does more damage)

Yea right…because there are no command or engineer or you dont have any resistance. Come dont tell me you get 1 shot’ed in your cov op when you ain’t in survival. You’re a pro with those. If so you went all out speed dmg or w/e and forgot all about survivabity. then yea maybe it CAN happen on rare case to blow up form 1 hit.

Quote"—see it as a chance to, get even better than you already are. I was serious there. You’re already Op.

You in the past have posted good games with you dessy.  Match your score with a cov ops in fact beat your score

My answer: I’m an average(maybe above average) player that has been playing this game for years. I am not ashamed of being in the average and I dont have to brag about good battles. Also, i fly anything. Depending on the situation or mood.

2 hours ago, AdamWest said:

well xxxx.

Nah this weapon do nothing against everything else but frigates and destroyers.

Use this :

dgpSZO1.jpg

15k projectile speed.

0.9 spread in half a second

No need to “charge” the DPS.

Never overheat.

One shot transport ships (Yep. It does)

The number of interceptors I’ve one shoted with this gun exceed what you may think.

And I’m considering replacing the hull repair by the crit buff, for more one shots when reboot is in cooldown.

Bye bye, olde ships collection! ![:(:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/(.png “:(:”)

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

Nah this weapon do nothing against everything else but frigates and destroyers.

Use this :

dgpSZO1.jpg

15k projectile speed.

0.9 spread in half a second

No need to “charge” the DPS.

Never overheat.

One shot transport ships (Yep. It does)

The number of interceptors I’ve one shoted with this gun exceed what you may think.

And I’m considering replacing the hull repair by the crit buff, for more one shots when reboot is in cooldown.

Even with 120% crit i doubt that one shot inty that aint rank 12. Even then they get buffed. You get 12 272k dmg crit. That is a one shot if the inty has no resistance at all.  Unless he has been downed a bit… I dont say it can’t happen. And also i wasn’t really Taking Thar’Ga into account. i Admit my wrong.

Instead of making destroyers single-usage/game ships like in CtB what about making their death more punishing not only for the player that flies it but also for his team,whats a few hundred thousand credits when one destroyer death reduces the reinforcement points as much as an interceptor,in a team deathmatch or survival game,maybe it can increase the other team’s score by more in other modes,make a destroyer death mean 3x as much when its about completing game objectives based on killing enemies.

8 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Instead of making destroyers single-usage/game ships like in CtB what about making their death more punishing not only for the player that flies it but also for his team,whats a few hundred thousand credits when one destroyer death reduces the reinforcement points as much as an interceptor,in a team deathmatch or survival game,maybe it can increase the other team’s score by more in other modes,make a destroyer death mean 3x as much when its about completing game objectives based on killing enemies.

The only thing that would do is, push those who doesn’t to stay at the back and snipe as DD, just like it was with the initial repair cost of like 300-500k when they first came out(r8). They wont want to lose the battle and(points) so not want to die and will play it way too safe. Every freacking one whined about it. There are many old thread about how it was. So yea, i think your idea would only bring us back there.

But maybe not. It’s worth the shot, but i really doubt the outcome will be liked.

7 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

make a destroyer death mean 3x as much when its about completing game objectives based on killing enemies.

+1 for that.