PROPOSAL TO BALANCE DESTROYERS
- Destroyers will have their old module back like it was: 40% (60% for Federation) speed increase, 12% (20% for Empire) damage increase, 250 (400 for Jericho) shield points/second recharge. Their speed modules to be limited to propel them up to a maximum speed of 250m/s. When warping, speed limit will be 500m/s. Their mobility or agility LIMITED to 40 degrees per second.
- Destroyers will deal 50% less main weapon damage to any ship that gets close to 750m, because their role is not meant to be close quarters.
*they already have an issue attacking ships up close: not all guns can shoot the target, so it will make it more difficult to counter interceptors or other ships up close, leaving the responsibility to their teammates, like if should be*
- Add another module to the Destroyer: Destroyer Bridge (control room). When destroyed, radar systems will be offline. 80 seconds to repair.
*Destroyers would now have: Engines, Capacitor, Bridge; 4 turret modules*
- Destruction of Destroyer modules will result in a % of hull damage instead of hull points, based on total hull points:
1. For Federation and Jericho Destroyers:
Module 1: 10%
Module 2: 10%
Module 3: 10%
Module 4: 10%
*Destruction of all modules in a Federation or Jericho Destroyer, would deal 75% hull damage.*
2. For Empire Destroyers:
Module 1: 5%
Module 2: 5%
Module 3: 5%
Module 4: 5%
*Destruction of all modules on Empire Destroyers, would deal 50% hull damage.*
- Destroyers will not be punished by the x2 explosive damage. Instead, if the destroyer loses its shield, the destroyer will suffer x3 damage TO THE MODULES from all ships around 2000m for 10 seconds. (CONCEPT: Think of it being a system overload for the shields being gone).
- Destroyers that have their shields popped to 0 points (with 120 second intervals), their shield explodes with a EMP that affects the destroyer itself and any other ships in 500m radius, for 1 second, and deals 1000 EM damage to anything on that radius, including the ** Destroyer itself . Additionally, the destroyer will suffer a 10 second shield reboot: the **Destroyer will not be able to recharge shields in any way for 10 seconds.
- Destroyers will be able to ram ships, dealing quite a damage proportional to the ship size (small ships get hit hard, eyes on that)
- Destroyer that gets destroyed, is no longer available to the player. In short: Destroyers will not respawn on PvP.
A Destroyer that gets rammed by a ship flying at +2000 m/s will be destroyed.
Slotting Destroyers only will not be allowed. The player will be prompted to slot a regular ship to one of the 3 or 4 slots available
Reactor Meltdown: Phase 1: When a Destroyer is at 10% or less hull points, it sets off radioactive debris (cloud) around him, damaging the Destroyer and any ships in a 300m radius for 500pts/s until hull integrity > 10%. Phase 2: If destroyed, it sets a 1000m nuclear explosion. (Similar to Covert Ops’ Reactor Overload module.)
ART CONCEPTS: Add a 5 second core overload animation + Reactor Meltdown Phase 2 explosion, as ship destruction animation.
(Instead of just exploding when destroyed, Destroyers will go on a 5 second “critical state”, with small explosions on its hull, emergency alarms, and then explodes violently, like a nuke. Nothing can be done during those 5 seconds, just admiring its chaotic demise.)
ANYTHING IN BLUE = these values can be tweaked.
PURPLE = It refers to the Destroyer ships.
*<text>* = notes