Colours that you bought should be available for all colour slots.

As the title says. I pimped out first ship a bit, I was feeling flush, but I was surprised that the colours you buy are only available for the 1 ‘colour slot’. Just would be nice to have the colour you purchased available for all slots.

+1

As the title says. I pimped out first ship a bit, I was feeling flush, but I was surprised that the colours you buy are only available for the 1 ‘colour slot’. Just would be nice to have the colour you purchased available for all slots.

It’s actually worse than you think. You may buy another color, but you will lose your previous one, on the ship you bought.

I asked for explanation and they told us that it is like a “luxury”, which you must always pay with GS.

So, to summarise:

You never keep your previous color in general.

If you switch or change any color after you bought the first one, the first one is cancelled out, which means you need to rebuy the same color just for one specific ship.

You never keep anything!

Basically how I see it, you are paying the workers to apply a paintjob. If you want to change your paintjob, even if it is just back to a colour you had before, you are still logically going to have to pay them again!

Basically how I see it, you are paying the workers to apply a paintjob…

Logically, if I am a mercenary fighting in a war, nobody is going to touch my ships unless they are employed by me. That’s just common sense to avoid sabotage and tracking devices. Hence, I’m not paying for outide labor. At most I’m buying cans of paint off the black market.

Logic aside, this is a game. Paying for extras multiple times feels like a ripoff, especially when the developers could be capitalizing on a wider array of colors and additional choices.

Perception is 90% of reality. If players perceive a game mechanic as being needlessly money-hungry, the devs might want to reconsider.

Logically, if I am a mercenary fighting in a war, nobody is going to touch my ships unless they are employed by me. That’s just common sense to avoid sabotage and tracking devices. Hence, I’m not paying for outide labor. At most I’m buying cans of paint off the black market.

Logic aside, this is a game. Paying for extras multiple times feels like a ripoff, especially when the developers could be capitalizing on a wider array of colors and additional choices.

Perception is 90% of reality. If players perceive a game mechanic as being needlessly money-hungry, the devs might want to reconsider.

I already proposed more than once, how. Check all of my suggestions.

It’s actually worse than you think. You may buy another color, but you will lose your previous one, on the ship you bought.

I asked for explanation and they told us that it is like a “luxury”, which you must always pay with GS.

So, to summarise:

If you switch or change any color after you bought the first one, the first one is cancelled out, which means you need to rebuy the same color just for one specific ship.

You never keep anything!

I never noticed this but your right, this is outrageous! Buying a colour scheme is expensive enough, yet if you want to shake it up a bit you will get totally ripped off. Come on devs, even you know this is taking it too far! Please stop it!

Basically how I see it, you are paying the workers to apply a paintjob. If you want to change your paintjob, even if it is just back to a colour you had before, you are still logically going to have to pay them again!

What workers? It’s a tiny bit of code.

Why are some people just happy to be ripped off?

I still think it should be that you buy a “set” of colours as such and that you can move that set to (any) different ship if you want but you can only have one instance of that set - if you want colours on 2 different ships at once then you need to buy another set. Perhaps even if they were only for that tier of ship if they want to be stingey xD

So, to summarise:

You never keep anything!

You pay for the paint job not for the “colors”, if you repaint your ship you pay again, if you want your old color back you gotta pay the guys painting your ship again. 

Don’t you guys like realistic games? Eat that!

What workers? It’s a tiny bit of code.

Why are some people just happy to be ripped off?

You’re not ripped off, the colors add nothing to the gameplay. There’s no necessity to buy them. The prizes are high and the system is cheesy but well if you really like your fav ship to have certain colors you’re going to end paying for it.

Heh it costs more to paint a ship than to get a new one after the last ones blew up in battle :slight_smile:

It is a cosmetic change. If you can’t afford it, it doesn’t matter.

You’re not ripped off, the colors add nothing to the gameplay. There’s no necessity to buy them.

Just because that they add nothing to game play and are not necessary doesn’t mean you can’t be ripped off. I’m sorry but paying for a colour, that even says no expiration on it, then purchasing another and that last colour is taken off of you with no warning what so ever, that is shady business.

It is a cosmetic change. If you can’t afford it, it doesn’t matter.

:fed014:

Just because that they add nothing to game play and are not necessary doesn’t mean you can’t be ripped off. I’m sorry but paying for a colour, that even says no expiration on it, then purchasing another and that last colour is taken off of you with no warning what so ever, that is shady business.

:fed014:

You don’t need any warning, it is common sense. You are paying for a cosmetic configuration. If you want to change it, you pay again, and the previous one is erased. All F2P games work like that, except in case they are one time bought cosmetic equipment.

So far the cosmetic income must be good since the prices has been the same since Beta.

You don’t need any warning, it is common sense. You are paying for a cosmetic configuration. If you want to change it, you pay again, and the previous one is erased. All F2P games work like that, except in case they are one time bought cosmetic equipment.

So far the cosmetic income must be good since the prices has been the same since Beta.

It’s not common sense, this is the first time I have come across it in a F2P game, all others I have played, you pay for the colour and get to keep it till the end of time.

It’s not common sense, this is the first time I have come across it in a F2P game, all others I have played, you pay for the colour and get to keep it till the end of time.

We have played different games then.

In Warframe it doesn’t work like that, but do you know why? Because you when you go to the store buy the whole color palette. So you can put any color in any Warframe for unlimited time. As you say, it’s common sense.

It’s a rip-off, no matter how you put it.

You don’t need any warning, it is common sense. You are paying for a cosmetic configuration.

Orly?

That’s not how stickers used to work in beta. And enough players of my old corporations were surprised when they found out that they had to re-purchase “permanent” paint that I wouldn’t call it common sense…

All F2P games work like that, except in case they are one time bought cosmetic equipment.

Let’s go down the list of F2P games on Steam.

DOTA 2 - buy a skin or a voiceover, get it permanently. Can share with other players, too.

TF2 - buy a hat or other cosmetic item, get it permanently. Strangifiers and keys are one-use, but strangifiers are free, and keys are… keys.

Warframe - Not sure, never played it. But a quick google seems to say that you can equip skins, colours, animations, etc. you buy on any warframe.

War Thunder - Again, not sure, never played it. But from what I can tell, you can unlock skins/decals with grinding, or unlock by buying. Permanently.

Unturned - I have no idea. Apparently you can be a premium player, but from what I can tell, there’s no cosmetic purchases available.

AdVenture Capitalist - I have played this one, but not bought any cosmetics. But you can buy a suit for your avatar, and it probably stays on through ascensions.

Robocraft - Well, apparently you can buy “cosmetic cubes”. Google search seems to imply that you can place these once per cube, but reuse them if you’re unsatisfied.

Pray tell, what free to play cosmetics were you referring to?