Cartridge Adjustment

I suggest that in order to keep up and improve the fast-paced nature of the game, that cartridges get a very slight rework.

I suggest that instead of having a set amount of charges and a “cartridge” that secondary weapons be continually produced and only have a limit on how many you can carry. That way, when you need to unload on an enemy you can and you dont need to wait ages for the whole cartridge to reload. Here is an example of what I mean:

EM Torpedo:

Recharge: 8 seconds

Cartridge limit: 5pts

Carteidge reload rate: 1pt every 20 seconds.

Small Missiles:

Recharge: 3 seconds

Cartridge limit: 12 pts

Cartridge reload rate: 1pt every 10 seconds.

They have the same recharge between shots, but have more shots and the individual shots reload even with ammo still in the cartridge.

No, having constant flow means everyone will simply spam them regardless if it is needed or not, because there is no downsides to using it, in fact it will be inefficient to have full cartridge.

We already have enough missilies flying around we dont need twice as much constantly

Interesting suggestion but here’s the catch:
When recharge starts?

1. If it starts right after I shoot the first missile - player gets more missiles than before this update
  2. If it starts only when cartridge is empty then it will recharge only one missile (cartridge not empty - don’t recharge)
    3. If it starts when cartridge is empty and continues until fully charged player can start spamming at (max-1) charges to gain more missiles like in 1.

3 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

No, having constant flow means everyone will simply spam them regardless if it is needed or not, because there is no downsides to using it, in fact it will be inefficient to have full cartridge.

We already have enough missilies flying around we dont need twice as much constantly

Then keep the same number per cartridge and use the new reloading mechanic. The worst thing ever is being without missiles when you -really need missiles-.

1 minute ago, gheni4 said:

Interesting suggestion but here’s the catch:
When recharge starts?

1. If it starts right after I shoot the first missile - player gets more missiles than before this update
  2. If it starts only when cartridge is empty then it will recharge only one missile (cartridge not empty - don’t recharge)
    3. If it starts when cartridge is empty and continues until fully charged player can start spamming at (max-1) charges to gain more missiles like in 1.

1 is the right one. More missiles that reload faster. Full cartridges would be inefficient like Kosty said, but it would also be awful to have EM torpedoes flying everywhere. For both the user and the enemy. But either way this would make the game that much more fun imho.

1 minute ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

The worst thing ever is being without missiles when you -really need missiles-…

…But either way this would make the game that much more fun imho…

Although I hate when I’m out of missiles… you know how they also call the small missile? “no skill kill” (or low ping kill lol)
It’s nice to be able to escape with no shield and 5pt of hull because someone ran out of missiles  ![:007_3:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_3.png “:007_3:”)

1 minute ago, gheni4 said:

Although I hate when I’m out of missiles… you know how they also call the small missile? “no skill kill” (or low ping kill lol)
It’s nice to be able to escape with no shield and 5pt of hull because someone ran out of missiles  ![:007_3:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_3.png “:007_3:”)

I don’t know the feeling. I’m always on the offensive unless I’m captain. (And even then I still manage more kills than most.)

3 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

The worst thing ever is being without missiles when you -really need missiles-.

You do realise that small things like this is what defines a good pilot?

1 hour ago, xKostyan said:

You do realise that small things like this is what defines a good pilot?

There’s a difference between a good pilot and an effective pilot.

3 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

There’s a difference between a good pilot and an effective pilot.

Enlighten me

6 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Enlighten me

Good pilot is tactical and pew pew and for whatever reason doesn’t use missiles.

Effective pilot goes for maximum kills and assists for ultra-high effectiveness.

Didn’t I already propose this previously? In one of your threads actually…

That being said, I fully support changing the missile reload system to something more flexible. This current one just encourages to go for missile vomit. Anyhow, the amount of time required to fully reload the cartridge should probably be doubled if this system was to be implemented.

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Good pilot is tactical and pew pew and for whatever reason doesn’t use missiles.

Effective pilot goes for maximum kills and assists for ultra-high effectiveness.

Good pilot is the one who wins the battle under set of conditions. 

5 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Good pilot is the one who wins the battle under set of conditions. 

Effective pilot wins but lets the enemy “capture” beacons in order to get extra eff before they kill it.

That is not an effective pilot, that is an efficiensy whоrе. Learn the difference.

3 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Those are not effective pilots. I call them “trolls” or stat-wh***.
A good exemple of trolling pilot is Tillo… :* <3 (which is the main reason I hate having him in squad)

33 minutes ago, Spongejohn said:

Those are not effective pilots. I call them “trolls” or stat-wh***.
A good exemple of trolling pilot is Tillo… :* <3 (which is the main reason I hate having him in squad)

Lol. Aight.

Well call me what you want. I want a cartridge change.

Stat xxxx is like it! But i want have unlimited rocket also!

Unlimited Nukes and Doomsdays’… This is a bad idea.

Think about AGs,I already adapted my Inq S AGspam build,3 seconds between each charge,1.5 if you also count the detonation time,with permanent reloads,3 hulled SP interceptors will become flying missile silos,definitely not a good idea.

About the effectiveness,being effective doesn’t mean you require much skill in order to achieve that,and there are SO many examples in this game,being good on the other hand does require you skill,and you can still be effective,but some people think that stats are the only thing that can tell how good you are,but,they are meant to tell you what kind of player you are,not how good you are…