Behemoth "updated 11/15/2017 requirements pending 12/01/2018

Behemoth: By December 1st 2018 Required ship - Ronin: The Staple Ship of Behemoth, and shall be treated as a badge of membership and a minimum of eligibility for full membership. 

New activity requirement - 15 days maximum starting 12/01/18

To retain or obtain membership, please showcase your Ronin to WolfKhanGeneral or any vice president. 

you may enter the corporation via any officer who is trying to gain the ronin to gain membership/vice president status, however to retain citizenship and gain membership you must gain the Ronin within 6 months or before 12/01/18. those entering the corporation shall be informed of this and then given officer status if they agree. if in the case where a pilot does not agree, their citizenship shall be revoked.

once a new officer appears, i shall give them a 6 month time limit to gain the ronin starting 12/01/18 for those that gain citizenship after that date. I will make a list on this page and each pilot’s possible end-date.

Your name will be added to this page under official Behemoth members when you are certified. 

Officers, VP, send me a message via the forums and in-game stating new official members ID’s that have gained their Ronins, and I will add them to this page. 

Recommended Proper Ronin Builds  -

pvp builds

Xsw2hrq.jpg

kh6U0WF.jpg

G7icPLw.jpg

The two recommended weapons are heavy blasters or destructor.

middle shield module is swap-able with anti EM, thermal, kinetic, or adaptive shield depending on preference. 

EJsioXi.jpg

f6VFc2g.jpg

switch the rank 12 implant to the top one for pve, the bottom one for pvp.

D1AzyWh.jpg

It is suggested to have a pulsar available in groups where it’s possible to have modules for different reasons. spectre field, shield booster L and emergency shield boost are required. the 4th module being optional.

for pve switch spectre field out for pulsar. 

UrHeh63.jpg

pve build - 

MW6r3YB.jpg

This page shall contain basic strategies that will be known by each Behemoth member. The purpose of this is to streamline basic teamwork fundamentals to tie everyone together when fighting in most game-modes

with or without corp-mates. Best of luck pilots. - WolfKhanGeneral 

Official Behemoth Members: Vice Presidents + CEO

TopKitty

dabaus

radude

Ifeelit2

TheJesterMan

devildrey33

WolfKhanGeneral

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Members within training to become members or need more time to get the ronin to become members. these pilots will be given officer to set them apart while gaining the ability to invite friends who agree to get the Ronin as well. they will be given until 12/01/18, and after that initiation of new members will be given 6 months to get the ronin. if this time is insufficient, we will raise that limit to 12 months.

Kazumi

V2357

MoonKatAK

scheva

ChinaNumber1

Darkwolfstar

Septiectous

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(For existing members grinding for the Ronin, send me a message in-game if you feel you won’t make it in time and I’ll give you some leeway and set your name inside the list of exemptions.

Send me another message after you gain the Ronin and I’ll take you off the exemption list)

Members under exemption 'working for Ronin, but won’t make it in time for the new mandated time

MastahJedi

Ivan90vk

shyatt

omgdutchlol

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

‘proper build’

A Ronin can be a massive threat in the right hands. It can have high dps, a massive tank, a vast array of debuffs and the ability to seriously impact the game. You however decided to not have any range or dps, a relatively weak tank and only one useful debuff, only that you could have 150pts of additional shield regen and 50 additional hull regen (which is even more useless, since guards can passively regen hull anyway.)

You wasted FIVE SLOTS just for that tiny amount of extra regen! Duuuuude! ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

(Sorry, i couldn’t help it ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) )

120 base, 282 with modules, after rank 12 implant 352.5 shield regeneration.  

352.5 - 120 = +232.5 base shield regeneration. effectively x3 shield regeneration without the use of active modules which may be used in battle situations instead of just to get the shield ready for the next battle and be utterly useless if the enemy comes a moment sooner than the modules re-activation time-frame. 

the gun has 4110 dps with 2011 range which is decent for any ship. if I were to use the flat reflector for range, it would be at 3386 with the range at 3983 which is only a minor improvement in range, but may be useful I’ll admit, though within 2k range is generally where most fighting actually happens, and the range of the gun encourages the positioning of the pilot’s ship which improves the usefulness of the active modules. As for tank - signature masking -16% basic enemy main gun damage when passive, and -62% main enemy damage when active for 5 seconds (which adds up when you have 2,3,4 Ronins.)

Each resistance point is equal to 0.01 x shield volume. 50 resistance points = 0.50 etc. true shield volume is an accurate measure of how much tank you actually have.  after that equation, add base shield volume to the new number.

Let’s add up the shield tank for the Ronin in volume. 23650 base shield + 7425 shield booster L + 19845 emergency shield boost + 352.5 passive shield regeneration over 34 seconds = 62,905 base shield volume.

Add in resists -

base volume 62,905 x 1.51 kinetic = 94,986.55. now add base volume = 157,891.55 with an upwards possibility of +150 resists which comes to base volume x 3.01. add base volume. = 252,249.05 volume.

base volume 62,905 x 1.62 EM = 101,906.1. now add base volume = 164,811 volume total.

base volume 62,905 x 1.05 thermal = 66,050.25. now add base volume = 128,955.25 with an upwards possibility of +150 resists which comes to base volume x 2.55. add base volume = 223,312.75 volume.

active module effects - using spectre field, you gain 0.432 shield volume and hull volume from resists per ally within 2k range for 7 seconds, which are valuable not only for the invisible time for allies of 5.4 seconds, but also for yourself which can add up to substantial overall short term shield volume gains. 3 allies in range? + 1.295 resists x volume and just add that to the overall volume total.  

kinetic upwards possible total of 333,711.025

EM upwards possible total of 246,272.975

Thermal upwards possible total of 210,417.225

With signature masking the equation is changed slightly.

enemy damage(in this equation we’ll equate that to 4k dps x -0.62 =  2,480 now subtract that from 4k and you get 1520 enemy base dps (which is worth only 1520 total volume deduction per second) within 2k range for 5 seconds. substantially increasing upwards total shield volume worth, even when you add 3 other damage sources of the same amount. 

as an example kinetic of 333,711.025 x -0.62 = -206,900.8355. turn that into a positive and add it to the upwards total. 206,900.8355 + 333,711.025 = 540,611.8605 total shield volume from the upwards limit of kinetic defense. (which may or may not be a right equation for this, but it gets close, in any case)

333,711.025 divided by enemy dps 1520 = 219 seconds to get through the shield. 

adding extra damage sources - 1520 x 5 = 7600dps from 5 sources. 

333,711.025 divided by 7600 = 43 seconds to get through the shield. 

within both times, you have enough time to add the shield booster L at least twice, and the emergency shield boost at least once, which adds even more time for yourself.

of course that gets lessened after the 5 seconds active time for signature masking, this is just to show the power of using it.

with passive signature masking at 16% 4k enemy dps is reduced to 3,360 dps before resists are added to the equation.

in the event that you have ally Ronin Behemoths with spectre field allowing you to go invisible, the possibility of you surviving shoots through the roof.

I’ve never seen  guards passively regen hull without a module outside of pve or one of those team power-ups, explain. are you speaking of active modules, passive modules, or some kind of feature in a mode.

This build was terrible 2 years ago, it was terrible 1 year ago, it is terrible now

feel free to build one yourself kosty. 

Guards frigs will regenerate 200 hull/s if you don’t use modules and weapons for 5 sec, so you should at least be able to drop the hull regen for a cpu or some resists ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

It is also true, that this ronin build might be able to tank low-ish, consistent dps indefinitely. BUT all the things that would be dangerous to guards in the first place have massive alpha burst damage, like a gunship on overdrive with aiming overcharge or a stabilized vigi with lasers. You simply won’t have enough time to regen all that shield.

Wasting so much potential damage output and range for additional regeneration will only turn you into an utterly harmless brick that can simply be ignored. Noone (exept some nub frigs) will die to a ronin with 2k range on its destructor. At least use the vulcan with some crits and the ronin’s kinetic boost for close range damage. A proxi mortar would be even better, in case you own one.

But if you insist on this build, you should consider swapping that shield kit out for an energy converter. That will work well with the laser, the regen and it will give you some lost damage back ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

thanks for the info, I changed out the hull regen for a crystal plate. 

as for the weapon range, you’re probably right in certain situations, but there will be times when a high damage laser at close range is very useful against fighters and sometimes interceptors while retaining good damage against frigates.  switching the main gun to heavy blasters simply for the sake of some extra range and similar damage output, 2727m, 3913 dps. don’t mind the spread, it doesn’t efffect it much at this range. the heavy blasters may also be used to destroy normally hard to hit small modules like the micro-locator by allowing the reticle come down to 0 spread where lasers would have a tough time. 

as for switching out the shield booster L for the energy converter, I can’t say I’m a fan. it’s a rather short duration of time and while it would add dps, it just would make the ship weaker over-all tank-wise.  

if you’re using the destructor with the flat reflector, it’s fairly low damage over-all, I’d suggest equipping it when in a group and using it with focus fire to make up for the dps loss. 

as for the kinetic boost vs the +10% damage, I can’t say that the kinetic boost would be better per-say except in allowing kinetic weapons a higher chance to hit the enemy, I’m going to have to go with the +10% damage. as for crit damage, I just don’t feel that it’s something that should be focused on in this build, though weapon choice is up to the pilot’s preference.

I was never able to really get to ‘like’ non-thermal weps. just never felt right to me

while the energy converter is situational and can reduce the over-all tank, that being said, perhaps the energy converter could be of use, I don’t have one though. in games with lower population, I’d switch out the spectre field out for it. 

screenshot-171116-191540.jpg.abe25b5b7f47bc7ed9247ac4cf54fbf6.jpgscreenshot-171116-191631.jpg.416f24b99743fede1dde7b795a350284.jpg

here is a PVE Ronin that can solo almost every map in PVE even Ariadne’s Thread if the beacons are caped. With all resistances activated it has over 900 thermal or kinetic resistance  and with a destroyer debuffing it does 30,000 DPS at 1.59 shots per second to large targets  and 40,000 DPS solo to a destroyer at 1,000 meters. In PVP you have an eng so the shield can change to another module [‘Spectre’ Field 15] or [Mass Propulsion Inhibitor 15] or [Missile Shield 15] … hope

this helps

I assume allot of those resists come from the 12a implant when against a large group in pve? (top one)

17 hours ago, xKostyan said:

This build was terrible 2 years ago, it was terrible 1 year ago, it is terrible now

And the day has come… I never supposed that I will say this, but:

WolfKhan is onto something here. The pure regen is of course crap in PvP, BUT. Signature Masking and Pulsar are what make this build work. I built myself a Ronin, like that, just changed implant from 9c to 9a. It’s terrible against 2-3 ships in PvP if they know what they are doing, however it survives my standard Predator test (go to Ontregos Drift and attack head on the group with Predator & company). So it got me thinking. I built identical Tormentor-S and went to coop. It survived but it was lacking something. So I removed 2x[Capacitor Power Relay 15] and put pulse discharger and iridium heatsink (so basically traded 60 shield regen for 20% damage boost). As bots are always closing in to 1km it shines there. 4.3k dps, energy burn 24-120 per second allowed it to survive against 2 Waz’got, 2 Tai’kins and a Thar’ga focusing fire on that ship. Shield regen is ~200 per second, but you still can feel it. As for PvE? It is really map specific. It sucks on open stages with bosses, but it’s ok if there are a lot of small targets with high damage and low health.

Conclusion: a little modification to the proposed build is now my fav ship for Coop, but I never will use it in PvP again (sorry WolfKhan!), also if anyone likes to fly guard in OS it’s pretty good in surviving encounters with aliens.

2 hours ago, niripas said:

And the day has come… I never supposed that I will say this, but:

WolfKhan is onto something here. The pure regen is of course crap in PvP, BUT. Signature Masking and Pulsar are what make this build work. I built myself a Ronin, like that, just changed implant from 9c to 9a. It’s terrible against 2-3 ships in PvP if they know what they are doing, however it survives my standard Predator test (go to Ontregos Drift and attack head on the group with Predator & company). So it got me thinking. I built identical Tormentor-S and went to coop. It survived but it was lacking something. So I removed 2x[Capacitor Power Relay 15] and put pulse discharger and iridium heatsink (so basically traded 60 shield regen for 20% damage boost). As bots are always closing in to 1km it shines there. 4.3k dps, energy burn 24-120 per second allowed it to survive against 2 Waz’got, 2 Tai’kins and a Thar’ga focusing fire on that ship. Shield regen is ~200 per second, but you still can feel it. As for PvE? It is really map specific. It sucks on open stages with bosses, but it’s ok if there are a lot of small targets with high damage and low health.

Conclusion: a little modification to the proposed build is now my fav ship for Coop, but I never will use it in PvP again (sorry WolfKhan!), also if anyone likes to fly guard in OS it’s pretty good in surviving encounters with aliens.

replacing his 3xcapacitors, changing his weapon (or at least an ammo), and swapping a signature masking for pulsar is already a completely brand new build. Especially in PvE where you can feed your 13-1 constantly, passive tanking is next to negligible due to how tiny the amount is comparing to an active tanking. Investing these 3 capacitors into more dmg or maneuverability or even energy to open up 2d hull slot for something else, and actually utilizing these changes makes the ship actually more effective and consequently tankier.

If you can kell bots couple seconds faster, that is how much less dmg you have to tank, and in SC it is not possible to boost passive regen anywhere near the values that would represent the same amount of dmg mitigation.

200+ shield regen is still in the realms of proper shield tanking, so I’d say that’s a decent choice, though I will say for the sake of pvp vs pve, in pve use the 9a implant and in pvp use the 9c, there will be times in pvp where people will neglect the shield entirely. I support this optional build setup. props to niri. 

With purple equipment the base shield regen will be at 212 and with the 12c implant it’s at 265 regeneration per second.

if you switch out the asynchronous shield projector the base is at 170, with 12c it’s at 212.5 per second, which isn’t necessarily bad in the grand scheme of things. 

pulsar is suggested for pve. instead of swapping signature masking out kosty, switch out the spectre field for pve. for pvp, it depends on how populated the servers are, one can be better than the other. 

niri, I will say that these setups are all-rounder type builds, they’ll do great in pve because of how they’re built, and they’ll provide better base-line for pilots who are are uninformed in how to make their ships for pvp, basically it allows for any type of pilot to tank good amounts of damage and provide more time to survive against the enemy trying and kill them instead of dying in the first few seconds and they get to dish out a decent amount of damage, even if it isn’t considered to be allot by ‘critical hit’ vets. 

the type of strategies to be used are hit’n run until you’re forced to do all or nothing. do the most damage you can while providing time for

your allies to position themselves for their assault. the more decent setups out their in the game will provide a better challenge for pilots of all types.

all of those ‘nub frigs’ I hope will get a little more tanky for both pve and pvp. yes, lots of damage will kill you, but you gain time, much valued time for your allies and improve your odds of survival. much of that survival comes from the regeneration after the fight, not necessarily within it, though that helps, which gets you ready for the very next one which would normally kill most pilots. 

to note, having 200-300+ shield regeneration with great shield tanking isn’t just for show and giggles, it’s there for the same reason interceptors have decent shield regen when they’re able to dodge, the spectre field in a group of Ronins who are able to heal themselves within their invis time with or without an engi are invaluable as a hard to kill force. it’s there for the sake after each battle that the shields are ready for the next, while they do provide some support within the fight, it’s after the fight where they shine the most whether it be behind a cloak or behind a rock, it should be noted that it practically requires high dps pilots to take these down properly, but with some effort that your allies will use to their advantage, best of luck. 

13 hours ago, WolfKhanGeneral said:

I assume allot of those resists come from the 12a implant when against a large group in pve? (top one)

NO … 114/118 base res + 150 spec mod res + 40x10 enemies=400 + 15% above 50%=200 + 9A Gigas II 12x10=120[Signature Masking 15] activated = 60% enemy damage output(which actually puts it over 100%)  so 118+150+400+200+120=988 resistance  or  +/- 90%-95% resistance based on 230=70% … so yea it does tank .

God every half a year you re-publish this terrible build heavily focused into passive regeneration, followed by some ridiculous math, and regardless of how many math, comments and bashing your build gets, you still come back with the same thing  ![:015_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/015_2.png “:015_2:”)

2 hours ago, WolfKhanGeneral said:

With purple equipment the base shield regen will be at 212 and with the 12c implant it’s at 265 regeneration per second.

if you switch out the asynchronous shield projector the base is at 170, with 12c it’s at 212.5 per second, which isn’t necessarily bad in the grand scheme of things. 

i t is BAD, it is extremely bad because you to invest 4 passive slots and implant into that if it cost a 1, maybe 2 passives or passive and implant - yeah, sure there would be some value to it, but not at the cost of 4 slots+implant.

Gunships in t5 output steadily 6-7k DPS with 10k+ under DMG buffs, your mere 200 passive regeneration, even under dmg reductions and resists are hardly hitting 10% Dmg reduction OF A SINGLE TARGET because regen is linear, and that at a cost of 5 units (4 paasives+implant) this is the worst Price-Value you can get for tanking.

As an example, if you shift 2 modules into engines for strafing and that lets you avoid 1 second of dmg every 10 seconds, that is already 10% dmg mitigation of ALL TARGETS you dodge.

Or if you invest that into DMG forcing targets to retreat and have less Up time shooting at you, that is already infinitely more dmg mitigation that this mere 10%,

Or increased Firerate on that Destructor with more range, because your curved reflector is hardly doing any dmg on a gun not backed up by any crit chance/dmg/fire rate/overheat cycle, it’s dmg is so bad that a stupid build with passive regen like yours would tank it. Increased FireRate+range on a destructor backed up by overheat engine will faster burn energy forcing enemies to retreat or have fewer options to survive and do dmg, which is again an active dmg mitigation, which is infinitely more than your passive mere 200 pts/sec

And in PvP you want to scale your survivability off amount of enemies shooting at you rather than how many friendlies you are going to have around you, so for survivability Pulsar > Spectre field in a PvP, Spectre field is only useful on a faster Feds while backed up by an organised group with commands+healers for extended dmg mitigation 

57 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

114/118 base res + 150 spec mod res + 40x10 enemies=400 + 15% above 50%=200 + 9A Gigas II 12x10=120[Signature Masking 15] activated = 60% enemy damage output(which actually puts it over 100%)  so 118+150+400+200+120=988 resistance  or  +/- 90%-95% resistance based on 230=70% … so yea it does tank .

okay, so for pve you have - 

hull -

103 kinetic +41 from crystal plate assuming you have enemies locked onto you. +12 per enemy locking onto you, let’s assume that’s 40 enemies at once. that’s +480 to hull (and shield)

104 EM +41 +480

74 thermal +41 +480

hull is at 

624 kinetic

625 EM

595 thermal.

with 480 of those resists coming from the 9a implant, which is most of your resists, and only if you’re being targeted by multiple enemies for both shield and hull.

enemy damage  - 16% regularly from signature masking, -62% for 5 seconds when activated, which is useful. 

shield -

150 comes from the special F module which can only go to one type at a time, so let’s put that to EM damage since that’s normally where the enemy hits the most depending on the map,

+480 from the 9a implant provided 40 enemies are locking you at once, (if not, you can take that 480 away against boss enemies, like the cruiser)

114 kinetic +480 = 594

-25 EM +150 special F module + 480 = 605

118 thermal + 480 = 598

shield total: 

594 kinetic with a lower end of 114

605 EM with a lower end of 125

598 thermal with a lower end of 118

hull total:

624 kinetic with a lower end of 103

625 EM with a lower end of 104

595 thermal with a lower end of 74

those are your base stats, generally.

utilizing the active modules - 

-16% signature masking to enemy main gun damage. 5 seconds of -62% enemy damage when active every 25 seconds or less within 2km

pulsar for 12 seconds + 43.2 defense points per enemy in range of 2km every 40 seconds.

with these, yes your tank is going to shoot through the roof at certain points when they’re able to be used.

you have the shield booster L and the emergency shield boost, which no doubt helps, but you likely need to use them to get your shield back up and then use pulsar on a bunch of enemies to keep using them.

which isn’t a bad plan, but can be dangerous for you at times. 

I’m not saying it’s a bad build, it seems like a good one for what it’s used for.

screenshot-171116-191540.thumb.jpg.2be7c17b71e988c9cebf3768d4da5fe4.jpg                                                                                            

you have 13-1 feeding your Active regeneration

1x engine for a cooling engine (increase your shooting cycle) boost your DPM considerably more than 1 CPU on most of Frigates weapons

7-3 + optionally 10-2 implants are enough to sustain your energy at 100% and let you click away at all the actives and never let go of AB

I find EM torps better in PvE than Anomalies since you can easily pop all the turtles or swarms of bots on the move, while Anomaly is the only good at hitting beacons/cruiser/destroyers, where Torps can do the same

49 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

1.____ Gunships in t5 output steadily 6-7k DPS with 10k+ under DMG buffs,

2.____your mere 200 passive regeneration, even under dmg reductions and resists are hardly hitting 10% Dmg reduction OF A SINGLE TARGET

3.____As an example, if you shift 2 modules into engines for strafing and that lets you avoid 1 second of dmg every 10 seconds, that is already 10% dmg mitigation of ALL TARGETS you dodge.

4.____And in PvP you want to scale your survivability off amount of enemies shooting at you rather than how many friendlies you are going to have around you, so for survivability Pulsar > Spectre field in a PvP, Spectre field is only useful on a faster Feds while backed up by an organised group with commands+healers for extended dmg mitigation 

1.  yes, I am aware of high dps ships. let’s say there’s 3 sources of 10k for a total of 30k dps which will be reduced to below 15k with just the signature masking for about the same amount of time as their +damage modules last, and then further still with resists, in the end, you likely won’t be the one to retreat the first time, and they’ll try again, try to take down at least one per bout and retreat, gather up your shields once more, and be ready for the next run just as fast, or faster than the enemy will be. these ships still do decently well at surviving as long as their modules are working. rely on your allies, you’re not alone in the fight. do your best.

yes, you may die in the end, but just about all ships do. remember that positioning is everything and know when to retreat and come back again to kill your damaged enemies who will likely still be licking their wounds from the first bout. remember to rely on your allies abilities and not just your own, and support them when needed with the signature masking and spectre field.

1. the base regeneration is really meant for after the battle, while it helps a small amount within battle, it’s not its main feature or use.

1. strafing vs turn rate, while strafing can be useful, it’s not very great on frigates, and turn rate frigate vs frigate strafing, the one with the more turn rate will dodge the most damage due to being able to get behind the enemy easily. 

1. spectre field is to increase the probability and encourage teamplay, while giving players a tool to save an ally where simple damage reduction would not be able to save them in time.

as for speed, the special gives +70% bonus speed bringing the guard’s speed up to fed standards when not under fire. used for quick positioning. 

Again, I am not arguing about your shield slots or actives (with an exception of Pulsar vs Spectre, but that is really beside the point they both carry very similar effect), and what you described is a no-brainer gameplay promoted by your actives. My point is that instead of wasting 5 fitting units into meaningless passive regen, that is absolutely invisible during active gameplay, you should invest these fitting units into enhancing active gameplay, which results in more weight in team battles and easier recovery after active part.

yWseLRq.jpg

Why not both? 9870,  5670 more than 120 + the 12c implant gets you over 28 seconds, about the time-frame the shield booster L recharges for what the regeneration gets you.

in that case, why not use the regeneration as the replacement and get both the spectre field and the pulsar for extra defense instead. though I’ll miss the shield booster L, it’s not a bad use for the regeneration.

I will note that when you are not under fire, the use of the emergency shield boost isn’t recommended because it turns off immediately after you lose your energy stores, which happens rather quickly if you’re not being hit by anything even with high base energy regeneration, so rely on the shield regeneration outside of battle for the most part and be ready with the defensive/offensive modules. this build requires the user to be careful on his/her next move, but has a nice reward in terms of usability for allies and yourself alike. it’s recommended to have a healer, especially when the healer will thank you for having a health pool that’s much easier to keep up with, since you’re helping out.  it gives the regeneration another use, and the possibility of utilizing both the signature masking and spectre field one after the other, or at the same time. 

though, in smaller games, it may be better to just keep the shield booster L

q1PQxaF.jpg