Balance Of F2P and P2W 1/18/17

For some reason I think this game is kinda like p2l now for majority of people… I see plenty Thar’ga flying around in T5 with particle purge, flares, and shield repair… and what’s even worse, I see destroyers using emergency barrier like huh??? I ended their struggle and sent them a hefty repair bill for such inhumane act.

Yeah most peoples are worse then bots.

4 hours ago, _Bl4ck said:

I always say play smarter not longer ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

1 hour ago, Milfeulle said:

You have seen nothing like i did, blank ships, white mods, not aware of actives being actives and using them as passives and all of that in TIER FIVE

uJfwO.gif

6 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

I always say play smarter not longer ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

You have seen nothing like i did, blank ships, white mods, not aware of actives being actives and using them as passives and all of that in TIER FIVE

Well, since passives are actives now (teleportation sphere Hello) 

Then things will get even worse  ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

2 hours ago, Milfeulle said:

For some reason I think this game is kinda like p2l now for majority of people… I see plenty Thar’ga flying around in T5 with particle purge, flares, and shield repair… and what’s even worse, I see destroyers using emergency barrier like huh??? I ended their struggle and sent them a hefty repair bill for such inhumane act.

Agreed, I see it a lot myself. You kind of just lost the game yourself by a lack of know-how. And the destroyers using EB is massively ignorant. EB is best if you can get out fast and repair fast but a destroyer does neither. And as far as my previous salt toward unsaid, it was just salt and now that I got it off my chest and own a tharga myself then its whateves.

In the meantime I will just take the good with the bad. There are plenty of fps games that I wouldn’t last 5 seconds in but SC I am an above average player even with my handicaps (using a gamepad) mostly due to above mentioned; most players don’t have the skills.

2 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Oh please. Top this:

PbcW49o.jpg

Meh, he has Mk2 stuff, he’s like Tony Stark compared to what i have seen.

I encountered a shield/regen Brave once. He had negative resists on his hull. Amazing.

6 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

I encountered a shield/regen Brave once. He had negative resists on his hull. Amazing.

You should’ve taken a screenie man… xD

Still better then the full speed vigilant I saw. You know that vigilant using the “beam” (useless) special and sitting at 4k+ range without moving

I just don’t get it.

Finally someone has the balls to say it… the devs endorse the Thar’Ga, only reduce its strength a little to get the player base to shut up… Nerf destroyers because why not… 750m and 3x damage, do the math on a gunship> 3500/hit(including res of 25%) x3 and rapid fire… destroyers are useless, I bet in the next week the destroyer usage rate will tank more than 45%.

a6B1mQp.jpg

Nerf.exe was not found.

Patch TLDR :

You can now cancel xenocrystal missions once per day. 

Squad mission to get 30 xenocrystal per week (nice) ! 

Fédération destroyers speed nerfed A LOT

Destroyers take now x3 damages in close range (Thar Kth now deal 150k damage per shot against them  ![:facepalm:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/014j.png “:facepalm:”)) 

Thar Kth nerfed. Now the minimal spread of nearly twice bigger then a shrapnel Cannon (stupid, should have nerfed damages instead). 

Thar Ga Tok damage x2 against destroyers removed (why?). 

Thar Ga hull/shield back to what is was before last patch

No nerf of Alien intuition (why?) 

So in the end, are the Thar Ga dead? 

No. 

Thar Kth is. 

But you can just swap to singularities. Because you’ll still do 18k damage per bubble. 

But now you’ll also deal 110k damage per bubble against destroyers, yeay 

43 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Patch TLDR :

You can now cancel xenocrystal missions once per day. 

Squad mission to get 30 xenocrystal per week (nice) ! 

Destroyers take now x3 damages in close range (Thar Kth now deal 150k damage per shot against them  ![:facepalm:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/014j.png “:facepalm:”)) 

Thar Kth nerfed. Now the minimal spread of nearly twice bigger then a shrapnel Cannon (stupid, should have nerfed damages instead). 

Thar Ga Tok damage x2 against destroyers removed (why?). 

Thar Ga hull/shield back to what is was before last patch

No nerf of Alien intuition (why?) 

So in the end, are the Thar Ga dead? 

No. 

Thar Kth is. 

But you can just swap to singularities. Because you’ll still do 18k damage per bubble. 

But now you’ll also deal 110k damage per bubble against destroyers, yeay 

you are missing to quite big nerfs

1 - Matter absorber (hull passive module) - return way less health - it got shortened in duration

2 - Combat reconstructor (old Matter absorber) “F” module - now shorter in duration

Farming resp is much harder now, possible but gotta try harder though, if it was pure YOLO befor, now you have to mix in gut feeling and map awareness. 

28 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

you are missing to quite big nerfs

1 - Matter absorber (hull passive module) - return way less health - it got shortened in duration

2 - Combat reconstructor (old Matter absorber) “F” module - now shorter in duration

Farming resp is much harder now, possible but gotta try harder though, if it was pure YOLO befor, now you have to mix in gut feeling and map awareness. 

Actually you mistaken the matter absorber change. 

The usual 100% heal for 10 seconds became 200% heal for 4 seconds. 

They said clearly that they increased the heal by 100% per seconds. 

1. It returns less because when you hit 100% hp all of it is wasted within 4 seconds, befor duration change, due to it being longer you had more opportunities to drop below 100% Hull hp and get regen in, with long duration you could easily stack up on 3-4+ buffs rolling all the time, constantly negating dmg, now it comes in chunks and it is much easier to drop from 100% down ← Passive Hull slot (matter absorber)

2)  Special module ‘Combat reconstructor’
    Reduced duration from 8 to 6.5 ← Special F module (used to be Matter Absorber as well, now with new name)

Befor you could easily tank incoming dmg with regeneration, now you have to rely more on restoring rather than direct tanking

Of Course Thk generating less kills in any moment of time cuts regeneration rates as well, but I was flying with Thar’Gatok before Tharkth nerf anyways, so w/e

1. Actually I see the opposite here. 

You can afford to play much more dangerously for a kill. Because before the heal was to slow to be safe when you drop down to 10-20% hull. 

If you managed to get 3-4 stacks permanently then you’re doing one kill per 2-4 seconds, which in the end change nothing. You’ll just get the efficiency of the old “4 stacks” in only 2 stacks. 

I don’t see a nerf. It unlocked more uses. 

1. I know? 

I never said the opposite. 

2 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

Halfed!  ![:005:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005.png “:005:”)

Spoiler

Fédération destroyers’ basic speeds are still the same :  speed=136m/s; afterburners=164m/s …

BUT …

Special module: ‘Federation Energy router’ now only gives you 30% increase of max speed (instead of 60% before patch)

So for Fédération destroyers  with Federation Energy router:

#1 afterburners: 164m/s + (164m/s*30/100) = 213,2m/s max speed

#2 base speed: 136m/s + (136m/s*30/100) = 176,8m/s max speed

And for Fédération destroyers with Empire or Jericho Energy router:

#3 afterburners: 164m/s + (164m/s*20/100) = 196,8m/s max speed

#4 base speed: 136m/s + (136m/s*20/100) = 163,2m/s max speed

… I hate that!!

P.S.: But it seems reasonable because the destroyer-class of ships is much bigger and massive than the frigate-class.

16 minutes ago, avarshina said:

P.S.: But it seems reasonable because the destroyer-class of ships is much bigger and massive than the frigate-class.

Yeah, but it’s still a fat nerf of federation. 

You loose a LOT of mobility, combined with the lower tank and the new x3 damages in close range (which is easier to reach), they die much much faster.