and now there are 3

That would also be a good solution, however, many corporations (cough cough WPK, DNO, SCORP) have a plethora of fake corporations they could easily launch attacks from.

You might want to rethink throwing accusations like this one. Especially those thrown at a corporation whose members voluntarily help you defend your sectors.

WPK doesn’t have a single fake corporation. We can attack on our own.

And I actually addressed the same issue a couple days ago, here: https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/27924-improving-t4-and-t5-desirability-and-dreadnaughts/#entry332222

You might want to rethink throwing accusations like this one. Especially those thrown at a corporation whose members voluntarily help you defend your sectors.

And I actually addressed the same issue a couple days ago, here: https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/27924-improving-t4-and-t5-desirability-and-dreadnaughts/#entry332222

Oh, definitely. WPK isn’t that bad about fake attacks – SRS is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that’s a real top offender in that regard.

hmmm that’s funny cuz OWL seems to have a ton of fake attacks too. Like HOWL and ARCH. Not to mention others that didn’t show up.

With the current mechanics it is impossible to do so otherwise. It does not mean we enjoy doing it, or have hundreds of fake attacks. We would much rather not be forced to take these measures.

SCORP gets 8+ fakes daily. Look at Terramorphing Station.

WPK is not that bad regarding the fake attacks, but you have several BS corps too. Even if personally you don’t know about them.

hmmm that’s funny cuz OWL seems to have a ton of fake attacks too. Like HOWL and ARCH. Not to mention others that didn’t show up. 

HOWL is same BS corp as RadiX boy.

That would also be a good solution, however, many corporations (cough cough WPK, DNO, SCORP) have a plethora of fake corporations they could easily launch attacks from. So sure, the issue would be partially solved, but it would still be present. We need something to prevent fake attacks filling the queues that block out other corporations from participating, which is where combining the old style seccon map with the new tournament setups could be helpful. Now granted, there would still be an issue with fake attacks being launched for a sector, along with 1 real attack, but that could be avoided with a very simple mechanic that I will create a separate thread for (link soon).

This is a interesting way of showing some gratuite towards the pilots that have been helping the Owls

I think we are losing the focus of the topic, but doesn’t matter.

This is a interesting way of showing some gratuite towards the pilots that have been helping the Owls

We get help from several players from many different corps, and we appreciate all the help.
If we have chance and players, we’ll help for those players in the future to reciprocate the favor.

Not for the corps where they come from, personally for the players, regardless from the corptag.

This system is not good for anybody, too easy to abuse, to easy to manipulate, and these things all reducing the fun factor.

4example not so fun, when we go attack with the HOWLs, the NOVA is next to us as attacked and doesn’t show up.
After that a full NOVA wing come against us as defenders.

The only good thing in the current system is, at least you see what’s happening in the queue.

Actually i d be happy to see so much dedication to the game that someone forms a fake Corp. Anyway i am a bit confused. On one hand it seems that activity is on an all time low…aditionally Owl and Nasa are allied and Russians wont be too happy to attack terrible Fed time zone, while FDEF only defends and Beast…lets not talk about em. On top of that Sectors dont seem to change at all.

And still u tell me u need fake Corp attacks? WTF? Who is even attacking u?

OWLs participate in Jericho time zone too.

Fake attacks are pointless in Fed NA space

Actually i d be happy to see so much dedication to the game that someone forms a fake Corp. Anyway i am a bit confused. On one hand it seems that activity is on an all time low…aditionally Owl and Nasa are allied and Russians wont be too happy to attack terrible Fed time zone, while FDEF only defends and Beast…lets not talk about em. On top of that Sectors dont seem to change at all.

And still u tell me u need fake Corp attacks? WTF? Who is even attacking u?

That is 2 different topic. In Fed space you don’t need fake attacks since there is max 5 corp playing in that timezone.

At Empire/Jericho, if you don’t have 4-5 fake/allied corps you can’t hold a sector.

Ah ok that makes Sense. tx

With the current mechanics it is impossible to do so otherwise. It does not mean we enjoy doing it, or have hundreds of fake attacks. We would much rather not be forced to take these measures.

oh i’m not saying it’s horrible to do. RadiX did it. But just don’t complain about other people doing it while you’re doing it. 

oh i’m not saying it’s horrible to do. RadiX did it. But just don’t complain about other people doing it while you’re doing it. 

There is a difference between doing something to prove a point and doing something to exploit game mechanics because rewards are “so precious”

Yes, we have launched fake attacks with Arch and HOWL, but are we doing it to exploit the game? No.

You may not be aware of it, but WPK does in fact have fake corporations. How else do you think you would have managed to hold on to 12 sectors? Sectors in empire and jericho space switch hands almost daily, the only way to prevent your sector from going down is to launch fake attacks, or hope other corps will launch them for you.

Also, like Gizmo said, we appreciate the help from pilots who volunteer to help us defend, corp tag means nothing to us when people volunteer to defend. Corp tag matters in issues such as this, where corps are abusing game mechanics all to benefit their greed. Granted, WPK doesn’t launch fake attacks nearly as much as DNO, Nova, and SCORP, but they still do it. Both KT and I have written suggestions on ways to fix dreadnoughts in ways that will prevent fake attacks and will allow for real corps to actually participate in dreadnought battles without being shut out by fake attacks. The question that remains: will the devs do anything about this?

My guess is probably not (at least not immediately), despite how pressing and important of a matter this is.

You may not be aware of it, but WPK does in fact have fake corporations. How else do you think you would have managed to hold on to 12 sectors? Sectors in empire and jericho space switch hands almost daily, the only way to prevent your sector from going down is to launch fake attacks, or hope other corps will launch them for you.

Pretty sure I’d be aware of it. Whenever we were about to lose a sector, we’d just attack two or three other ones in return. We have done some corp switching/sending entire def wings to our allies, but they were all legit corps and in our eyes it’s a fair game. If you can’t afford to conquer half the map, that’s fine, there’s no shame in that, but stop trying to patronise us like you are right now.

The reason why we still have some sectors is because we simply don’t get attacked. Wonder why that is…

The reason why we still have some sectors is because we simply don’t get attacked. Wonder why that is…

… alliances, m8. + non aggression with russkies

btw

DXToiW1.gif

There is a difference between doing something to prove a point and doing something to exploit game mechanics because rewards are “so precious”

Yes, we have launched fake attacks with Arch and HOWL, but are we doing it to exploit the game? No.

I don’t give a crap about why you think you’re doing it. That makes 0 difference. your motives mean nothing. You are exploiting it and you are complaining about other people doing the same thing you are! Talk about being a hypocrite. 

Pretending like you know more about another corporation than its officers and throwing accusations like this without evidence is silly

I wonder why you couldn’t imagine things like alliances/truces and the first thing that came to your mind was fake corps

On that point, how stupid are you believe that we can prevent attacks on 12, TWELVE sectors with fake corps. Do you realize how many fake corps that would take?

Pretending like you know more about another corporation than its officers and throwing accusations like this without evidence is silly

I wonder why you couldn’t imagine things like alliances/truces and the first thing that came to your mind was fake corps

On that point, how stupid are you believe that we can prevent attacks on 12, TWELVE sectors with fake corps. Do you realize how many fake corps that would take?

Well it is unlikely so to speak. You have to consider that in the case of shifting sectors and comparable high number of dreadable russian corps, you would have to make alliances with several different russian Corps, which would surely be a feat considering u generally cant speak their language and normally there is not much at all between russian and english community. Alas i d believe that WPK is a very good Corp and your sectors might just be held by might alone. Anyway, why not just tell us if u use fake corps or not?

There you go erikerikson