Actual 4 Man Sqaud Solution.

Dear DoomB0t

I recently released a video about 3-4 man squads in pvp. It gave many tears sad to say:

1dm2wbS.png

bKinmwj.png

IF you didn’t get a chance to watch, here it is at exactly the right time.(actually it wont let me skip in the link so please go to 2:20 in the video)

: (My goal is to pull on those doom heart strings.)

Even in the video Milf, KT(NUke) and I stomped our opposition only proving your point that PVP squads with the right people are too powerful.

In this video I gave a problem, not a solution.  I apologize for that, so here is my solution.  Its elegant and simple.

You have stated in the past that 4 man squads were too powerful. That normally they are the vet players in the game who squad making it a death squad.  They normally communicate on TS.  Which allows to to focus fire, work toward objectives.  I agree that’s what makes them fun.

To fix this any player in a 4 man squad playing the Standard PVP mode gets a main weapon damage reduction by 40-50%. or higher. (This can possibly be expanded to missiles and i think it should but no already created module exists for that could take more time)

Make it known that if you want to play in a squad there will be penalties for balancing purposes.  Which then forces the best players in the game to communicate on TS, focus fire and work together toward objectives.  Then let the 4 man join normal pvp games without the need for any squad on the other side.  This should apply to 3 man and 2 man squads but reduce the damage reduction accordingly.

Also this simple solution works exactly opposite to your original statement, if your team has a xxxx squad who is not on TS, who do not focus fire they will be a detriment to their team.  If implemented correctly vets will get to 2-4man squad without having to wait 20min in que.  And Beginner - average even great solo players will get to take on the vets with a major advantage.  (I can only imagine taking on a T5 guard solo with a 50% reduced kinetic supercharger)

I do not believe this would be a complicated implementation into the game from a dev perspective as:

The Effect is already available “weapon inhibitor”

and to me its a simple if, then statement for the matchmaker.  If squad = 4 and game mode = pvp, then  player damage reduction =-50% (or higher)

xW0OGbc.png

Well, that sure would help making squads less overpowered. Random groups of friends playing casually shouldn’t need any penalties like that though; they’d just get murdered and rage quit, wondering what the hell is going on.

Anyway, I’d rather just set things so that squads could face larger numbers of random players if no other squad of same caliber is available. A killsquad of 4 well equipped veteran players should go against 8 randoms. Much more intuitive than surprise stat changes.

I don’t think nerfing squads in that way is necessary.

Honestly, the best way of fixing the squad issue is encouraging people to squad up. It is simple statistics when I say this: The more squads you have in queue, the less likely it is that a squad of newbs will face a squad of pros. Simply bring back squadding, and make it very easy to get games in squads. This will encourage more people to squad up, which will overall make for a better game.

After all, what is the point of video gaming if you can’t play with your friends casually?

After all, what is the point of video gaming if you can’t play with your friends casually?

Lots of friends just don’t let me do my stuff, want me to play with them all day. I usually prefer solo over squading, unless it’s a difficult task.

No.

Star Conflict is a game that is 99% based on skill. If you’re better, you win. Squads don’t need any kind of nerf, people just need to stop random queuing and getting their period because they got rolled by a squad of good players.

If you run into 3-4 people in a skill based game that’re better than you, and/or they’re on voice coms, you lose. There’s literally nothing wrong with that. The devs just need to put 4 man squads back into T4+ PvP.

When I die in PvP it’s 5% people catching me at the worst possible time and 95% them being better than me. It would be utterly shameful for better players to be “nerfed” just because they’re good.

-50% dmg makes 4 man squads a 2 man squad in dmg,i don’t think lowering dmg is good idea.Maybe -20 points on all resists or -20,30% speed

Actual combat penalties for squading is a terrible idea

No.

Star Conflict is a game that is 99% based on skill. If you’re better, you win. Squads don’t need any kind of nerf, people just need to stop random queuing and getting their period because they got rolled by a squad of good players.

If you run into 3-4 people in a skill based game that’re better than you, and/or they’re on voice coms, you lose. There’s literally nothing wrong with that. The devs just need to put 4 man squads back into T4+ PvP.

When I die in PvP it’s 5% people catching me at the worst possible time and 95% them being better than me. It would be utterly shameful for better players to be “nerfed” just because they’re good.

I simply agree so freaking hard with this. It’s all about skills.

One time, and I was involved in the freaking thing. We were like 5 frigates, and a single interceptor, he took ALL OF US DOWN. That happened way back when I was yet a beginner. I don’t consider my self a pro either.

^

This. Simply restrict 3/4-mans to T4 and T5 and you have yourself an ideal scenario. Vets stick to those tiers to fight each other like how it’s friggin’ meant to be and lower tiers are sealclubber-free! It’s a win-win for the newbies and the vets.

Simply restrict 3/4-mans to T4 and T5 and you have yourself an ideal scenario. Vets stick to those tiers to fight each other like how it’s friggin’ meant to be and lower tiers are sealclubber-free! It’s a win-win for the newbies and the vets.

This really should be the thing to do, but devs seem to dislike teamwork oddly much for a game that is basically all about teamwork, thus these crappy compromise proposals along the lines of this thread.

I don’t like the damage penalty solution. There is no way that could ever be balanced.

Mecron’s solution could work.

Here is my proposal: do like in Robocraft. Squads can be matched against a sqyad of a different size, but this is compensated by the team with the small squad having an extra player overall. As long as the matches are big enough, this works fine. Current t5 in EU/RU primetime has enough population for this +1/-1 system now.

Well, that sure would help making squads less overpowered. Random groups of friends playing casually shouldn’t need any penalties like that though; they’d just get murdered and rage quit, wondering what the hell is going on.

At least they would get games.  Also not knowing whats going on.  There could easily be a warning pop up when entering que.  If they can t read not much we can do.

No.

I really like your response but we need to be realistic.  Yes we want it back but unless the Devs deem it fair they wont.  Any discussion to a solution is the right path in my mind.

Here is my proposal: do like in Robocraft. Squads can be matched against a sqyad of a different size, but this is compensated by the team with the small squad having an extra player overall. As long as the matches are big enough, this works fine. Current t5 in EU/RU primetime has enough population for this +1/-1 system now.

I love it.  Make it so. (any solution is a good solution.)

This. Simply restrict 3/4-mans to T4 and T5 and you have yourself an ideal scenario. Vets stick to those tiers to fight each other like how it’s friggin’ meant to be and lower tiers are sealclubber-free! It’s a win-win for the newbies and the vets.

Love it, make it so. (any solution is a good solution.)

This.

Maybe a 50% disadvantage is a bit much. I say 15% penalty for a 3-man wing and 25% for a 4-man wing.

Maybe a 50% disadvantage is a bit much. I say 15% penalty for a 3-man wing and 25% for a 4-man wing.

no

No.

But 4 man squads would be a good counter to dessie spam :wink:

No.

But 4 man squads would be a good counter to dessie spam :wink:

yeah until it is a 4 man squad with 4 destroyers, or even better 3 destroyers + command.

4 man squads were awesome. Bring them back! There are so many people who want 4 man squads back. 

yeah until it is a 4 man squad with 4 destroyers, or even better 3 destroyers + command.

The day destroyers came out i had the same though and a thrill crossed my bones.

Conspiracy mode on: one of the reason they removed 3+ squad is this. :stuck_out_tongue: