about the Joystick...it's hard to use

joystick itself is fine…

but why when we use the joystick than we can’t use mouse any more?

so the only way is to face to the target?

if we can have the auto lock on the target than maybe fine…to balance so block the mouse…

otherwise… anyone can tell me how to use joystick to play this game please…

a fly game without joystick is really a big lost…

Graphic tablet like some OSU player with some shortcuts for strafing is the way to go in SC :3

I tried to use the joystick, but I can’t use the mouse at the same time, even though the option ‘Ignore mouse’ is unchecked. I’d like to try to use the mouse for aiming the weapons and joystick for moving the ship.

Graphic tablet like some OSU player with some shortcuts for strafing is the way to go in SC :3

Do you use a Graphic Tablet? How does it work in Star Conflict?

I bought a cheap one for osu! (to see if I can break my current skill barrier) and will arrive in a couple of days. If it works well in Star Conflict I might give it a try.

Do you use a Graphic Tablet? How does it work in Star Conflict?

I bought a cheap one for osu! (to see if I can break my current skill barrier) and will arrive in a couple of days. If it works well in Star Conflict I might give it a try.

I played 2 or 3 games like that, just worked perfectly as a mouse.

In fact with graphic tablet, it’s the table that adapt itself to the software by simulating the keyboard + mouse.

Then it depend on your tablet (if it have shortcuts that can be used while using pen for example).

I have a wacom intuos pro, with 8 button that can be used simultaneously with the pen.

I tried with it, and it worked just perfectly for aiming. The handy part is Strafe + speed. With a cheap tablet you should be able to target with it and use your keyboard to move.

I’ve not yet found a way to fully use it (so removing keyboard) but didn’t tried that much possibilities.

But while writing I’ve just thought about some things :

Does the keybind “Increase/decrease speed progressively” maintain the actual speed when released?

If yes, then I’ll definitely forget my keyboard to use my tablet as followed :

Touch ring for speed (clockwise = + and counterclockwise= -)

one button for AB

4 button for Strafe

I’ll try tomorrow. :smiley:

I played 2 or 3 games like that, just worked perfectly as a mouse.

In fact with graphic tablet, it’s the table that adapt itself to the software by simulating the keyboard + mouse.

Then it depend on your tablet (if it have shortcuts that can be used while using pen for example).

I have a wacom intuos pro, with 8 button that can be used simultaneously with the pen.

I tried with it, and it worked just perfectly for aiming. The handy part is Strafe + speed. With a cheap tablet you should be able to target with it and use your keyboard to move.

I’ve not yet found a way to fully use it (so removing keyboard) but didn’t tried that much possibilities.

But while writing I’ve just thought about some things :

Does the keybind “Increase/decrease speed progressively” maintain the actual speed when released?

If yes, then I’ll definitely forget my keyboard to use my tablet as followed :

Touch ring for speed (clockwise = + and counterclockwise= -)

one button for AB

4 button for Strafe

I’ll try tomorrow. :smiley:

I’ll try it for sure, but using the tablet as mouse and the keyboard as… keyboard. It will be easier that way.

I just bought the default osu tablet, I think the name was Huion 420. I can’t afford anything else and the good tablets have insane prizes.

I’ll try it for sure, but using the tablet as mouse and the keyboard as… keyboard. It will be easier that way.

I just bought the default osu tablet, I think the name was Huion 420. I can’t afford anything else and the good tablets have insane prizes.

Yeah of course. No need for a 300$ tablet to use it with games. I use it for drawing, but tried it with games too.

A game like League of Legend with 4 button + mouse work perfectly with it (and without keyboard!).

The good point of tablet over mouse is that it’s much more precise and fast when you are used to it.

Yeah of course. No need for a 300$ tablet to use it with games. I use it for drawing, but tried it with games too.

A game like League of Legend with 4 button + mouse work perfectly with it (and without keyboard!).

The good point of tablet over mouse is that it’s much more precise and fast when you are used to it.

Out of curiosity, why did you made your signature static instead of using the original that changes according to what you do?

Out of curiosity, why did you made your signature static instead of using the original that changes according to what you do?

Oh, Eta has updated it like I suggested him? I didn’t knew it, I’ll take a look then.

Edit : Grr, I hate that double click on smartphone. Why can’t we suppress our own message?

Oh, Eta has updated it like I suggested him? I didn’t knew it, I’ll take a look then.

Idk, it just felt weird that it never changed.

Idk, it just felt weird that it never changed.

Originally it is a static picture of your current stats that are shown when you create the picture.

So to actualize it, we have to download the new one, upload it again, and put it on signature.

ANNND I’m too lazy for it.

Originally it is a static picture of your current stats that are shown when you create the picture.

So to actualize it, we have to download the new one, upload it again, and put it on signature.

ANNND I’m too lazy for it.

I thought Eta’s signature generator wasnt static and would upload itself every X time, just like the one Terrorblade made for WPK or the one I have for osu!

Sadly it doesn’t.

Anyway, I think I’m gonna do my own signature for fun.

I’ve bought a MadCatz FLY 5 joystick, but I cant use it with this game. On Expert mode at least you can steer the ship, but in Basic no way. Why is so hard to replace the mouse movement with the X,Y axes of the joystick?

Just started the game, loved it, brought friends on, we bought Joysticks for it. Now webfind that Targeting reticle is stationery with joystic. I see there are posts dating back a long time for this topic, have Devs ever discussed fixing this issue?

You better off returning the JoySticks, unfortunately this game is not made for the JoyStik at all, imagine playing Counter Strike with the joystick or gamepad? You would not do that obviously, same thing here - this is basically a FPS in space, this is not a space sim.

I feel like this is a bit of of thread necromancy, but here goes.

Am I missing something or is it currently impossible to use joystick with mouse? The reason why Im asking is because I use pedals and currently I have to make them emulate different keypresses. They work fine as axis’ in joystick mode but my mouse stops working if I enable joystick and I have no intention to use my racing wheel as my controller :smiley:

I understand this is not a priority, but wanted to bring this up.

I feel like this is a bit of of thread necromancy, but here goes.

Am I missing something or is it currently impossible to use joystick with mouse? The reason why Im asking is because I use pedals and currently I have to make them emulate different keypresses. They work fine as axis’ in joystick mode but my mouse stops working if I enable joystick and I have no intention to use my racing wheel as my controller :smiley:

I understand this is not a priority, but wanted to bring this up.

Good question. This isn’t an easy game to play with joystick, but there should be options.

I would like to address the basic respose movement of the reticule when using a joystick(or mouse, for that matter), to see if the developers can resolve this issue. When using a joystick(Saitek X52), all functions are excellent, save the most important one; aiming. Whenever I move my stick minimally in any direction to fine aim my reticule, the game shifts the reticule back the opposite direction a bit, I assume to represent the ship coming back to center following the movement, but it makes it nearly impossible to aim accurately. I move a bit to the left, it shifts back right, so i move further and this is too much even after the reaction occurs, leaving me still off target. Not ideal! I would request that the reticule movement reaction(or ship centering) be taken out and the reticule and ship movement be locked together at all times. NO EXTRA MOVEMENT! It would be a huge help!! To the developers, thanks for making an otherwise very entertaining game!